Which map size is too high for you and wont wait to download it ?

Size does matter

• 0-1 mb

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1.01-2 mb

• 2.01-3 mb

• 3.01- 4mb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4.01- 6mb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6.01- 8 mb

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You don't have an option for 8mb+. If its small enough to play on bnet, its small enough to fit on my hardrive. It only takes about 10-15 seconds to download an 8mb map. But w/e. I understand some people just don't like "large" map sizes, for whatever reason. In my opinion, size does not matter. It's about the quality of the map, and nothing else.

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
Size doesn't matter :p

Although, not having stuff that makes Macs crash actually does matter. FotN fails in that respect, afaik because some of the custom icons... Well, make Macs crash. I read somewhere. So I hope your map doesn't cause the same, whatever the map is :S

Risen

Reaction score
People are sensitive to mac subjects, however, you should do your homework before buying a mac . Mac != games.
Usually map size doesn't matter too much, it's more noticeable if the host has a low upload limit.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You have to think for the average battle net user here. Near-instant start is a standard nowadays.

Extend the time it takes to download your map at your own risks.

dead-manakin

Reaction score
I completely agree. if you want to make a giant map with 5000+ scripts and 2000+ custom units/items, do it at your own risk. People just don't play games that take over 3 mins to dl because nowadays people are so friken impatient. I remember that 4 years ago you could play a map that took 10 mins to dl and still have a full house because people stayed even when they had to dl. I just don't get why people suddenly became so impatient.
In the end though, the game that has the good story and is the best thought-out is going to get the prize because what really matters is game play. I once went over to a friend's house and played online with him. it took me 20 seconds to download the game and for him it took 5 mins, But who cares? We still had a heck of a time killing each other!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.