who banlists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
i only enforce it for dota, and i ban for....

2. not living in north/south america

youd be amazed at how many people live in asia/austrailia and play on uswest.

hehe I did when I used to play War3, because its the least laggy realm for aussies to play on. The asian realm is physically closer to me, but for some reason performance is worse.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
America comes first, Australia comes second, and Asia comes third with Blizzard.

No wonder Asia was last to receive WoW and there Asia servers on Warcraft III suck.

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
yep.. when I try to go on Asia realm
it takes like 1 1/2 minutes to get on...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Krakka said:
yep.. when I try to go on Asia realm
it takes like 1 1/2 minutes to get on...

cuz its in asia duh :rolleyes: if they try to get on ours itll be the same. and u guys forgot europe, america, europe, aust.asia

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
sure they did, they annouce everything early , such as ghost. LOL!! :rolleyes:

R

R15I23D05D14

The problem with early announcments is then you have to wait for what you know will be in there,

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I guess as far as lag between Aus and US goes, it shouldn't pose a problem if the Aussie in question has a broadband connection. There is a dedicated chunky cable on the bottom of the pacific connecting sydney and LA so the approximate theoretical min. ping time is about 200ms, which isn't too bad (200ms = approximate time it takes for light to travel from sydney to LA through the fibre optic cables)

@ conan:
America comes first, Australia comes second, and Asia comes third with Blizzard.

where does Europe come? :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
200 ms ISN'T bad?

200 ms is ALOT, 30 or so is a good ping...

-----

I forgot about Europe, ah well no one cares about them anyways.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
200 ms ISN'T bad?

You live in the US, and so you are "spoilt" because everything you need Internet-wise is in the US, which means very low pings for you. 200ms is good if you live in a country like mine which is eons away from every other country in the world.

And since the Internet is a worldwide technology, Americans must be willing to put up with people who participate in multiplayer games with them and who have high ping times by US standards. You should only find cause for complaint if your games ARE slowing down, not because you think they MIGHT slow down.

One of the reasons I have stopped playing any online games at all is because I am confident my dialup connection will cause grief for other players and slow them down. I know this from experience, and not from guesswork.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Once again I have to make the point that ping has nothing to do with it. When someone else is high ping in your host, it's them that has to deal with command delay, not you. Someone can have 400ms ping and so long as that is being transferred at a stable rate, with no spikes or packet loss, you wouldn't be able to tell them from someone on 30ms.

And I had my own self-purchased computer system at 13. It's quite possible if you're willing to work for it.

X

xania13

wtf are you talking about?

i wish there would be something worse than banlist.... i realy hate leavers... Leaving means that you are not able to play as well as the others (noob) so you leave.... LEAVERS F%CK THE GAME!!!! :banghead:

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Somthing Worse? I would hate to see what that would be. Gobal ban?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.