Will having the most -rep get you banned? Or there is a strict rule based on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
In the subject, I am talking about the negative reputation points.

Suppose there's this guy, replacing the alien face Mr. Guy (R.I.P. :(), Mr. Angry :mad:.

Mr. Angry :mad: here has about -500 reps. Although, he's very active, and supportive, he still gets -1. I know he won't be banned because he didn't break any of the rules. So, Mr. Angry will keep getting -rep. Let's say he is like that.

Mr. Angry :mad: now has way more -reps than SD_Ryoko, the legendary -rep admin. Will his reputation be disabled after that?

Mr. Angry has finally gone overboard. His rep is now sinking through the -reps that it came out positive, being awarded the highest rep in TheHelper.forum. :mad: Do you think the forum may experience stack overflow because of too many negative reps?

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, there's some rep limit that if you reach it the forum automatically bans you, but I can't remember what is was. Plus, if you get even close to -50/100 on this forum, chances are you've been temp banned, or are about to be permanently banned.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
So, there's no other way we normal users can reach -100 reps without the forums automatically banning us? Or, if we can request a super administrator to multiply our rep values by -1, will that work out normally?

Renendaru

Reaction score
So, there's no other way we normal users can reach -100 reps without the forums automatically banning us? Or, if we can request a super administrator to multiply our rep values by -1, will that work out normally?

Well, if I remember right, I think it was -5000 that automatically banned, but I'm not entirely sure.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, no worries. :thup: I guess stack overflow was out of the question.

Then I would wonder if we reached the highest +rep and then add another one to it, it might be possible to accidentally ban that person.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> there's some rep limit that if you reach it the forum automatically bans you

Actually there's not. I'm not sure that vBulletin has such a feature. It DOES, however, have something called infractions. If you get enough of those, then you can set it up where the forum will automatically ban you. (We do not have it set up to do that)
In either case, though, the admins are watching you spam, so it doesn't really matter. :p

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
considering that you can disable rep, that wouldn't do anything anyways

also the person with the lowest rep is SD_Ryoko, an admin with -500

Renendaru

Reaction score
> there's some rep limit that if you reach it the forum automatically bans you

Actually there's not.

Huh, I remember some mod telling me that you could be automatically be banned at some rep value. I guess he lied to me.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko has that much rep because he set it himself.

Anyone who gets to even -20 is likely to be either abusing the rep system (rep reset is a likely outcome from that), or be permanently banned for breaking rules, and being disrespectful towards the forum. Either way, that person won't be reaching -501. Ever.

> Do you think the forum may experience stack overflow because of too many negative reps?
This thread also seems to be a bit of a joke, so on that note, I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.