Will Starcraft Modding Be the same?

Reaction score
Well , i mean this mostly with models and textures. Starcraft II Has much higher graphics than Warcraft III. Will there be enough modders to make such high quality resources?

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
The modelers will probably be happy they don't have to make crap.
:D

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Off Topic:
You stole my Avatar! :D

On Topic:
I don't think so, maybe models will take a little longer but not much. If anything alot of models at first will be redo's of blizzards ones.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that BLizzard will make moddeling easier- i mean they said that you will have total controll over the graphics and the effects of the spels that you will make without triggers, so it will be only natural (and in their style) to make modelling as easy as the spell maiking.(i can't wait for SCII to come out!!!)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that BLizzard will make moddeling easier- i mean they said that you will have total controll over the graphics and the effects of the spels that you will make without triggers, so it will be only natural (and in their style) to make modelling as easy as the spell maiking.(i can't wait for SCII to come out!!!)

Modeling has nothing to do with what Blizzard is creating. Modeling is all done in external programs, and modeling will still be just as hard/easy.

TheDamien said:
High-res is not the same as high quality.

Did they say the game was higher resolution in the Q&As or something? I thought they said it was going to be better graphics (including higher poly counts for the models).

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Well actually there was a freeware version of the modelling software valve used for it's source games that was released to the modding community, so it's not unheard of. It's not so much the modelling itself that they need to improve on, just the conversion scripts and such to make it possible to actually make models that function with the game. That's the hard part about war3 modelling.... finding tools that work.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
About Darthfetts comment...

At this point hes Darthfetts right, And i suspect that it wont come with a large model editing tool, but i do think this time around they will have a part of the editor, allow you to do minor things with models, small tweaks, and a simple but not very powerful model editor. But i could be wrong.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
As long as current modelling software gets a conversion script that actually works then it'll all be ok

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.