[World] Israeli MP blames quakes on gays

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
An Israeli MP has blamed parliament's tolerance of gays for earthquakes that have rocked the Holy Land recently.

Shlomo Benizri, of the ultra-Orthodox Jewish Shas Party, said the tremors had been caused by lawmaking that gave "legitimacy to sodomy".

Israel decriminalised homosexuality in 1988 and has since passed several laws recognising gay rights.

Two earthquakes shook the region last week and a further four struck in November and December.

Read the news here.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> Sometimes I find it hard to believe we're in the 21st century.

I must agree with that. The sad thing that Shas isn't so small anymore, and it grows very quickly.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that we're living.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Sometimes I find it hard to believe that we're living.

ditto

I can not believe that we have survived this long with the stupidity of some people.

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
Hey, look on the bright side. We all at least know 10 intelligent people - we're all gathered here on this site :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, that's pretty dumb really. And doesn't really make any sense at all - if those people caused earthquakes, the U.S. would be have an earthquake every few minutes :p

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
Get off your high horses. You're a dumbass yourself if you interpreted the article to mean that he thinks gay people are directly causing earthquakes.

the article said:
He called on lawmakers to stop "passing legislation on how to encourage homosexual activity in the state of Israel, which anyway brings about earthquakes".
Yes, he thinks God is doing it.

Prove that it ISN'T God. Then you can say they're stupid for thinking it. Until then, please respect others' opinions by giving reasoned responses instead of your own unbased, bullheaded thoughts.

I'm sorry if this read harsh, but someone has to flame for the other side once in a while.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
They do have the right to "believe" homosexuals angering god have caused the earthquake. But in that case, shouldn't they be mad at God? He made them.

Anyway, another reason could be that they might not have enough education to know exactly how an earthquake is thought it the first place.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
They do have the right to "believe" homosexuals angering god have caused the earthquake. But in that case, shouldn't they be mad at God? He made them.

No they wouldn't, because they probably believe their God will give them something in the afterlife. I mean, if you have a religion, you won't hate your God or him making you.

Anyway, another reason could be that they might not have enough education to know exactly how an earthquake is thought it the first place.

I'm pretty sure at least one of them know how it would be caused. They probably think their God is creating the plate shift.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
i only support the female half of homosexuality

Death to the GAYS!!!

My opinion on it

Homosexuality

Female:
Should be mandatory between ages 12-30
Should be Legalized and fully supported

Male: Should be banned
should be a crime punishable by death
A law should be instituted that it has to be mandatory for bodies of Male homosexuals should be burned mutilated and
treated with every form of disrespect known to man
Mandatory torturing of Homosexual males
Homosexual males should be given no rights

Yes i support lesbianism all the way

And for full offense to all the gay people out there.

SCREW YOU SICKOS

esb

Reaction score
You realize how... dumb... you sound in that post BANANAMAN?
Ignoring the hypocracy, another problem would rise. If they are all lesbians, that means they wouldn't have sex with males. Oh, and you sound like a pedophile too. Men and Women should be equal, after all, that's what they've been fighting for or not?

My view on Homosexuals, I don't care. I don't think it should be punishable if both males or females agree to have sex or w/e. It would only bother me if the harrass other people (but that includes straight people too).

Back on topic, maybe Israeli is blaming it on gays because other religious people would agree, thus try to do something to ban Gay people. Obviously it worked on BANANAMAN :p.

esb

Reaction score
Ah... It's very hard to notice sarcasm through the internet lol... >_<

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
Ah... It's very hard to notice sarcasm through the internet lol... >_<

yes, it irritates me when people say 'I was being sarcastic' when it is not obvious due to tone of voice on the internet being non-existant.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.