Sci/Tech World's First USB Monitor!!

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
samsung_ld220-2-thumb-450x300.jpg

Samsung Electronics recently demonstrated the world's first USB monitor, dedicated to notebook computers. The Samsung LD220 is specifically designed for use with mobile machines, providing large amount of space for doing productive office work or for recreational activities. The USB monitor supports a 5ms response time, 300cd/m2 brightness, and 30,000:1 contrast ratio. No word on pricing and availability.

Blog source.

-------------------------------

Good news! :thup:

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Really neat is if you noticed, its supporting dual monitors/extended desktop through the USB. That means its actually a video card/monitor in one. I dont think it will give you a massive amount of FPSec but it still looks like something nice for people who like the laptop and dont want to deal with docking stations.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Powered USB hubs are okay, the unpowered ones cause latency issues. Which is fine for printers, scanners and things that arent immediate, but I have in the past tried to use them with USB controllers and mice, didnt work out so well.

Like everything, you get what you pay for, and the more expensive powered hubs are generally better. Just like everything electronic, they vary in quality and performance too.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Is there anything that can't be plugged into a usb?

Maybe next will be a usb fridge. Or the george forman USB grill.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
Well there are ethernet washers, dryers, fridges and other household appliances. The firdge is the neatest thing, it has a barcode/LCD system that you can annotate things that are consumed from the fridge and when it gets a set amount of stuff it orders it from the store to be delivered to you.

Basically you dont have to worry if you have enough milk, if its low, the fridge orders more for you.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of it.

Is USB even faster/ more efficient than HMDI and DVI for video?

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
I don't really see the point of it.

Is USB even faster/ more efficient than HMDI and DVI for video?

I say that is going to make the monitor port in the back like a legacy port, pretty much unused.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I say that is going to make the monitor port in the back like a legacy port, pretty much unused.

USB's don't connect in any way to video cards so how would that happen? And the "monitor port" is your video card.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
USB sound, so why not USB video? Proper drivers ofc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.