Would you play an AOS with this theme?

mapguy

Reaction score
the question is simple, which is the best, or do you have a better idea?

The game is a battle field with a lot of action and creeps running everywhere, but, each player has the ability to have a small squad under it's command, the squad is customizable and can be changed during the game. The map is a really BIG MAP and it is full of objectives to complete, the first team to complete ALL objectives or detroy the base of the enemy wins. Each player have to go to an NPC called TASKMASTER and then select the mission it want's to acomplish. PLayers can work alone or in group to fullfill objectives.
example of objectives:
-Destroy the enemy artillery located in the top of a mountain.
-Rescue prisoners inside the enemy camp.
-Plant explosives in a point.
-Kill an enemy hero.
-Protect an area of 1000AOE during 2 minutes.
-Kill 40 creeps.
The only way to gain experience and gold is by completing the objectives and killing enemy heroes.

rotten

Reaction score
Sounds like a plan :thup:

PM me if you need any non-Jass help (excluding spellbook muck).

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
I like the idea of having objectives (I rather call them quests :p) in an AoS
but those examples are pretty boring too ^^

maybe something like a boss fight where you can't just kill the boss by atking him, but you must lure him to traps

an example would be making a Pudge boss and bunch of barrels in the room and you have to force him to Meat Hook one of the barrels in order to dmg him

The only way to gain experience and gold is by completing the objectives and killing enemy heroes
that sux... make it that you can gain gold from creeps, otherwise players would just avoid pushing and go ganking instead
and from those objectives make some special items as rewards, not just pure gold

the first team to complete ALL objectives or ... wins
that also sux... just keep the old AoS style of destroying enemy base n' win

it's just my opinion ;)

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
i really agree with your idea of this AOS :thup: but sadly can't say the sam 4 your opinion on dotas 4 new heroes:thdown: :banghead:............ but anyway about this AOS its basically completing missions in time as opposed to the option of destroying the enemy base..... why don't u also think of a theme and revolve more around that:cool:

mapguy

Reaction score
i really agree with your idea of this AOS :thup: but sadly can't say the sam 4 your opinion on dotas 4 new heroes:thdown: :banghead:............ but anyway about this AOS its basically completing missions in time as opposed to the option of destroying the enemy base..... why don't u also think of a theme and revolve more around that:cool:

Objectives unlocks things that makes it easier to destroy the enemy base:

rescue a prisoner gives you a super creep.
capturing a point gives reinforcements.
Destroying artillery gives you tatical advantage.

The missions makes it easier to rush into the base of the enemy.

Maapik

Reaction score
I like the idea of having objectives (I rather call them quests :p) in an AoS
but those examples are pretty boring too ^^

maybe something like a boss fight where you can't just kill the boss by atking him, but you must lure him to traps

an example would be making a Pudge boss and bunch of barrels in the room and you have to force him to Meat Hook one of the barrels in order to dmg him

that sux... make it that you can gain gold from creeps, otherwise players would just avoid pushing and go ganking instead
and from those objectives make some special items as rewards, not just pure gold

that also sux... just keep the old AoS style of destroying enemy base n' win

it's just my opinion ;)
Lol nice Idea, planting explosive barrel in front of you and hide behind them when Pudge hook you :D

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
i guess i see what you mean the objectives are rather helpful and necessary inorder to destroy the base.... i know this is the idea stage but is there a chance u have already started working on the map?... if not pls do and we could go on from there.... i've a feeling itll be simpler..... will it be the same approach crreps and heroes into enemy bases.. thats getting old try and change the method of invading the base n avoid the waves of creeps.!:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.