Xbox Live Payment Question

hi_im_bob

......and you are?
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this but taking a shot.

So first time ever bought something on xbox live (mw2 stimulus package). Entered a credit card I own everything works. My question is with future purchases will it ask me for more information to buy things? I am worried that my younger cousin will just mess around and buy something accidentally, will there be some kind of prompt or a way to add some security (like a child lock or code)?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just the way my brother has the Xbox set up, but we have never received any prompt when purchasing stuff on XBL aside from a fairly insignificant "Confirm Download" window which doesn't offer any sort of protection mechanisms at all (the credit card information seems to be saved, but it doesn't show them other than the last 4 digits of the Credit Card Number AFAIK). Maybe the Family Settings window has some stuff that may be helpful (I've never tried it myself since I don't want to interfere with my brother's settings)

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
if you go to billing.microsoft.com -> log in

billing

then click the card and remove it

though the easiest way to avoid these problems I found, was to just buy 2100 MS point cards and such...
much more protective if anyone does happen to get on your account and mass buy ... e.t.c ( at least thats how I removed mine... just can't re-do it because there are no cards on there >_<)

if you have to last resort it, you have to call microsoft to remove it..

Seprest

Reaction score
Best way to make sure your cousin doesn't mess up other things in general is to threaten him with something he takes serious, like burning his teddy bear, ect:thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.