Patch 1.23b

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>The H2I function is discovered by who? Vexorian?

SuperIke or something? Peppar was the second person to use it.

>Warcraft probally tried to make something that can own NewGen and it's private globals. Basicly, this can make Jass spell non-need Globals and by the same occasion, Mui.

Hashtables are slower and more complicated than our globals. Besides, you still need globals to hold your hashtables.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
The history of return bug

Reath that history of return bug part.

Funny actually, back then Blizzard have made a clear statement on the battle.net forums that the bug would not be removed.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
>The H2I function is discovered by who? Vexorian?

SuperIke or something? Peppar was the second person to use it.

>Warcraft probally tried to make something that can own NewGen and it's private globals. Basicly, this can make Jass spell non-need Globals and by the same occasion, Mui.

Hashtables are slower and more complicated than our globals. Besides, you still need globals to hold your hashtables.

Is it benchmarked? If hashtables are slower, then blizzard has made a fail.

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
I heard it needs to update from battle.net. I can't find the patcher on blizzard website. T.T

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Its just a test version in westfalls test version realm.

They will release it when DotA has updated its gamecache thignies to hashtables.

edit. Hashtables will be faster than gamecache, so we get fast Table 3.0 now which is cool. They are still few times slower than array look up, so they wont replace all our old and good vJass struct attaching methods.

Vexorian has already updated TimerUtils and Table to work with new patch. ( TimerUtils blue, uses hashtables now, if I remember correctly )

kingkingyyk3

Reaction score
Hmm, change from gamecache to hastables is not a difficult thing. Well, fine.... I am waiting for the patch...

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Jesus what the hell is up with this conspiring blizzard and icefrog.

Dota is still the most known and played map on tft, of course blizzard supports it. And I bet Icefrog asked them, not vice-versa.

The point is, nothing bad has happened or will happen.
vJASS still prevails.

That is all.
Everyone go home.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Jesus what the hell is up with this conspiring blizzard and icefrog.

Dota is still the most known and played map on tft, of course blizzard supports it. And I bet Icefrog asked them, not vice-versa.

The point is, nothing bad has happened or will happen.
vJASS still prevails.

That is all.
Everyone go home.
Qft.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Well, Im happy that Vexorian asked them to give us GetHandleIndex..

Hashtables are nice too, but they only really replace gamecache ( in sense of data attaching ) ( and yea, extra speed is really nice too.. ).

Just update your Table to v3.0 and everything will be alright.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Who even cares about H2I.
That would be everyone besides you and me.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
They dont need it, because they like to do the stuff in the hard way, which is ofc fine and everything.

edit. I never really used Tables exist method anyways, but it would be nice if Blizzard fixxed it before releasing the patch..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.