Texture and Team Color Prob

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Oh, you wrapped it wrong :D

It looks pretty good, but you need more than one layer.

The rockets ends should be forced downward so that they're the behind of the missile, if you know what I mean.

The cockpit texture should ONLY apply to the cockpit, which is the front of the airplane.

If you can fix those features, it should look much better :)

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Gee, Rin ;) Why not start a thread called "Rinpun's Skinning Service"? :p People could ask ya to skin them stuff, and you could give it to them, and in return, you get credit! :D

Alexander

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol i knew that much :p but it confusing wats it suppsoed to do also check this site for converters if u find any that work tell me plz here it is

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander said:
Gee, Rin ;) Why not start a thread called "Rinpun's Skinning Service"? :p People could ask ya to skin them stuff, and you could give it to them, and in return, you get credit! :D

Alexander

Maybe :D

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Sqrage:Got this from the tutorial.

The Extrude operation can only be carried out on faces. Extruding vertices results in a mess as a point in space cannot be extruded. Selection of one or more faces is necessary to successfully extrude something.

After selecting the faces to be extruded then the selection of the extrude tool Left-Click and drag in a 2D viewport in which you can see the height of the extruded section. Precision extruding can be achieved by using the x, y and z plane value boxes. As surfaces are commonly extruded in only one direction, you will predominantly use only one box. The Auto Smoothing Group option will smooth shade the polygons after extrusion has been completed.

Alex: Thats a good idea, Rinpun you should do it and ask Darg or SD_Ryoko or TheHelper to make it a sticky. :D

Rinpun: I have no idea what you meant by streching and stuff.

sqrage

Reaction score
meh it looks like this after extrusion is it supposed to ?
edit
deleted the link as was no longer needed

TFlan

Reaction score
No. its supposed to be an exact replica of what u selected, but a little disotred on the side contecting the two because of streching.

sqrage

Reaction score
meh i dont get this now i gotta start over cant undo cuz i closed it :/

TFlan

Reaction score
oh...

What are you trying to make?

TFlan

Reaction score
oh. I hate that model. Looks weird.

sqrage

Reaction score
oh howd u make urs did u use the stratagie? with starting with a block

TFlan

Reaction score
Yes and No. I start with a box with (if your looking at the top veiw) 3 blocks long down the right hand side with the yellow axis. with the middle being the yellow line.

PS Only work with one side. Casue you can select all of it and dulicate it then mirror the whole image. Thats how i got mine to be semetrical

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well if you don't understand, you'll just end up with an airplane that looks like that which will look pretty weird :/

TFlan

Reaction score
TheHelper.Net..... i think i can get some help in that area from here. Even thou only Rinpun and Sd_Ryoko have been the only ones so far who i think can skin.

BTW on my model there are some area that dont get the skin on them and im kinda wondering why...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Actually, if I knew what programs you used to skin and if someone gave me a few pointers, I'd probably at least give it a shot :p But as it is, this computer isn't mine to toy with (even though I have WC3, TFT on it anyway ;)) And the computer in my room is currently not connected to the internet, so I can't do much at all right now.

Alexander

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
(To Player 11)

Layers I would think!

I'm telling you, each separate layer object has its own skin. You HAVE to use that to your advantage if you want to make the airplane the way I think it should be made.

Sooner or later, I'm going to put this through gmax and see if I can show you what I mean.

By the way, if you want a camo wing, here is the tga for it. You'll have to use the extractor and save this as a blp though, because I don't feel like doing it myself :D

TFlan

Reaction score
Alright..... thanks man!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
No problem :)

By the way, if you want me to post a preview of how your updated map looks so far, you'll have to point me out where :D

(I currently have the advanced farming town worked out besides the foresty areas, now I'm working on the outside of the human castle).

M

Mylkal

*sigh*

Oh man, seems like custom models are really hard....

Maybe im a lil in over my head trying to make an rpg as a newbie =(?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.