The Spell Request Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Your added to the waiting list pheonixashes.

Note: How am I going to burrow the Crypt Lord Hero? Do you want him to be able to be selected during the burrowing? If you do, I'll have to make him into a Crypt Fiend, unless the burrow ability works with heroes. Do you know?

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Ermm, Tinki, for the Burrow you can just make the Crypt Lord activate his "Morph" anim, which burrows him into the ground.

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
Yeah, burrowing would work with the Crypt Lord, I think.
I've seen it done in less-than-polished maps.

dragonhord

Reaction score
You guys just ignore me dont you -_-... Morph will make him burrow, its the burrow anim!! SHEEZE!! QUIT IGNORING ME!!!!
Coding can be done as follows
Code:
Into the Crypt
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Into the Crypt 
    Actions
        Set IntoCryptCaster = (Casting unit)
        Set CryptPoint = (Position of IntoCryptCaster)
        Unit - Pause IntoCryptCaster
        Animation - Play IntoCryptCaster's morph animation
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 40, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.01 seconds
                Unit - Create 1 Crypt Dummy for (Owner of IntoCryptCaster) at (Random point in ((Region centered at CryptPoint with size (1.00, 1.00)) offset by ((Random real number between -400.00 and 400.00), (Random real number between -400.00 and 400.00)))) facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Into Crypt Dummy Ability to level of Into the Crypt for (Casting Unit)
                Unit - Order last created unit to Orc Tauren Chieftain -               Warstomp                                                                                                   Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_CryptGroup)
        Unit - Unpause IntoCryptCaster
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_CryptPoint)
You could also code it to where it activates another trigger and creates the dummies in the other trigger. Well see what Kenny thinks though... My trigger is potentially fine... but you never know what Kenny might find, hes a good triggerer.

Offtopic - It says "Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)... I demand to see a T-shirt that says The Helper Regular (Helping everyday all day till the day I die) or something... Otherwise you guys are just sending out lies of unfathomable proportions!!

ZypHeRx™

Reaction score
Hey .. Tinki3 .. mind if i .. ask you to do a spell for me again .. ? =X
Sorry .. i just want a .. multi shot thingy .. which , causes this archer to hit 2/3/4/5 targets with 25%/50%/75%/100% damage or something like that .

The barrage ability doesnt give me these options .. so .. i kinda .. dont know how to do it .. : (

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> The barrage ability doesnt give me these options .. so .. i kinda .. dont know how to do it .. : (

Well, I wouldn't really have a clue as to how you would make a multi-shot ability that deals a % damage of the caster's to the targets.

However it has been done in DotA. I just can't figure out how its done.

dragonhord

Reaction score
> The barrage ability doesnt give me these options .. so .. i kinda .. dont know how to do it .. : (

Well, I wouldn't really have a clue as to how you would make a multi-shot ability that deals a % damage of the caster's to the targets.

However it has been done in DotA. I just can't figure out how its done.
Can you edit cleave to shoot missles? Or could you even add barage, and put a delay on the cleave damage on a hero? Not that I think cleave can be on ranged heroes... So my only thought would be like... uhh... Storm hammers? Somethin like that...

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
its possible to check a unit's damage right?

create a forked lightning-like spell.. and get it to check the heros damage, and then add a bonus or something as well.. i dunno just giving a idea on how to do that -_-

(but i would have no clue)

I

IKilledKEnny

My version of dragonhord's request is attached below.

While this is in JASS, it is more accurate and looks better, it is also completely MUI and lagless. If you have any questions if can send me a private massage.

You can still use Tinki3's version which is in GUI, which is simpler, however it has few problems.

Fame. and Estel3, Tinki3 wants to work on your requests and I think he will finish it even today.

pheonixashes, are you happy with dragonhord's solution, or do you want me to see if I can find other one?

ZypHeRx™, your request will require messing with the object editor. I can see if there is anyway to do it, however I warn you, I don't like object editor at all so I doubt if I could do it.

More requests are welcomed, finally weekend and I have sometime to work on spells!!

Attachments

• Dragonhord's Request.w3x
    17.1 KB · Views: 252

dragonhord

Reaction score
Zyph, you should try screwing around with cleave :D , that or uhhh... Storm Hammers

I

IKilledKEnny

No. MPI version could be easily made though, MUI would require a complete rework and useage of JASS.

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
hey can i have some sliding spells done?

one that circles around a area

another that does a half circle and comes up behind the unit.. and
thats about it..

please do it in GUI :p

L

LegACy99

hey, Tinki3, can I request a system?
I want somekind of damage detection system. So if there's any damage (skill or physical) dealt to a hero, the game would know how much damage is taken and other data (like putting how much damage dealt to a variable, who damaged the hero, and turn on a boolean if there's any damage dealt).

You see, I'm trying to make a passive skill where the hero would have a chance to return any damage thrown at him. There's only one problem, I can't detect if a unit getting damaged by skill, and I don't know how much damage it dealt!

(I could make a trigger which runs per 0.1 sec, checking wheter the older HP is higher than the current HP or not, but I'm afraid it would make the game laggy...)

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.