(2011) Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
watched this last night too, and it was as wisemen says they really gave it their all. They stuck to the book and portrayed everything that made the book so great. ive read the deathly hallows like 5 times over and to see everything you'd imagine while reading coming to life is just amazing.

There isnt much i can say about this, it was almost perfect in every way providing a fitting end to the biggest franchise of the last decade and wraps up the tales that will always be symbolic of my childhood (ironically im turning 18 next month so :) ).

Though i have to say sitting behind me during the film was a bunch of kids that were male but sounded and laughed like females and also one of my friends couldnt help but comment on stupid shit throughout the film and that kinda annoyed me so im probably gonna get the DVD and watch it again :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I saw it yesterday. It was incredible.

I am no good at proper critque, but I suggest that anyone should go and see it.

A great way to end the series.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
went and looked up the reviews on RT and amazed me with 97%, read the only review that opposed it and it made me realize something.

After the movie ended or atleast the very final battle between harry and voldemort, i didnt feel the same excitement i had when i read the book, though it didnt bother me that much i realize that they changed the final scene to a more personal show down and they omitted what made the final scene so insightful and climatic. harry and voldemort should be circling each other while harry told voldemort how he had failed from the very beginning and how snape was never loyal to him and how the elder wand was never in his possession. Really couldve included that instead of that scene where he said "lets finished, together" or something i dont recall that in the book but i havnt re read it so i might be wrong but yeah, if the movie was a bit longer it wouldve been even better, almost god like but thats my rant but i still enjoyed the movie :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
[9/10]
Amazing. It was a stupefying finish to the series.
After a whole decade, part 2 of the Deathly Hallows brings it all in for one, big conclusion to Harry Potter.
It starts off where it left off in part 1, and right from the beginning to the end is an exciting film filled with action, emotion, twists and turns, suspense, and so much more.

Much of all that can be credited to the entire cast. The trio Harry, Ron, and Hermione put their all into it, and you really see how they've grown with the story since the first movie. Ralph Fiennes was great as Voldemort. And then there's Snape, a completely complex character portrayed brilliantly by Alan Rickman (I thought his voice was just for the movie, but then I saw an interview with Rickman and found out that's his actual voice, ha). Almost every character got to shine in their parts, new and old. The unlikeliest of people - such as Neville - turn into heroes and the acting they perform fits the scenes perfectly. But still, the show I think is on Danielle Radcliffe, whose (so far) career is on Harry Potter. He's put so much effort into becoming Harry, and the actors here usually seem understated, but he's got so many viewers and crazy fans and a whole book series to live up to, and he does it.

The effects in the film are exciting as in all of them, and it's visually magical. Combined with the action going on, the movie moves constantly in a dramatic way. It never stops and settles into something boring, every scene is intense and emotional, whether it's a scene of loud and flashy fighting or a quiet, sad conversation.

Considering this book took two parts, about 4 hours, to show, a lot of the book was shown. However, as with all book-to-movie adaptations, fans will never be fully satisfied as there were many things here and there that weren't shown or weren't the same. A few of the characters, along with their scenes, I felt were too short or left out on. Such as Molly/Bellatrix's showdown, or the events surrounding Fred, or Dumbledore. If you've read the books, then you know Snape's story, and I'm glad that finally got told. Still, like with Snape's story, I think they excluded a lot of events or words said that were very impacting. (But the whole Snape situation is still breathtaking, so I'm not complaining).

Sadly, this franchise - the good and the bad - is over. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is an exhilarating ride from start to finish. A decade's story has finally come to an end, and it's a big one. So I recommend that everyone see if, even if you're not a fan. It's closure for this amazing series.

I agree with the ending, Nigerianrulz. I feel like there's still a lot that they could've added in or changed, or things that they changed too much. It was slightly anti-climatic, and not how I imagined it, or how the book wrote it out I guess. But again, it's 4 hours for this book, they tried. Still, there's more good than bad, so it's still great.

Squeaky chairs are annoying, lol.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Spoilers in this post!

Overall, I give it 7/10.

I have to say that I was disappointed that my favorite part, the big speech from Harry to Voldemort about how he was wrong in so many different ways was barely there. Harry essentially says "Let's finish this the way it started, together", and afterward, mentions why the Elder Wand did not obey Voldemort. I was very disappointed, as this is what I was looking forward to the most.

I also felt throughout the movie, that a lot was left unsaid. Not much was explained for those that have not read the books, and I feel that the explanation would have also improved the movie.

Another disappointment was when Harry was going through the casualties. No names were even mentioned until the end of the film, and besides the normal look of "walking among the dead" upon his face, there wasn't any weight put into the fact that so many main characters were dead. Fred Weasley, Remus Lupin, Tonks, and Colin Creevey, all dead without even a mention of their name at the time.

Overall, it felt less than epic, with no one even around for Voldemort's death, and none of Harry's internal struggles being voiced. The things I did enjoy, were Neville Longbottom's role, and the destruction of the room of requirement (or at the very least, the hiding place room). There was too much of the climactic and rising action missing for me to fully enjoy the film, thus I could hardly rate it any higher than 7/10.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just saw it. I was disappointed when Harry and Ron took their tops off because they were wet, and Hermione didn't copy, and somehow found a towel instead.
Regardless, I really enjoyed it, and it was a good way to finish the film. I felt like they were just killing off a lot of main characters just because at points, and Voldemort's death wasn't particularly spectacular. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.