Ability Stops When Unit Stops Channeling?

Windwalk

Reaction score
Okay ive been puzzled on why the hell did blizzard not put

Event - A unit stops channeling an ability... i know theres a unit stops casting and ability.. and so on..

my question here is? How do we check when a unit stops channeling an ability? is it possible? most spells i would love to create all deal with channeling spells.. for example Keeper of the lights nuke.. It channels then as soon as u stop channeling it fires. Or how about barathrums charge?

my question remains How do we tell when a unit stops channeling an ability? is it done with a bunch of event triggers? if so can i see it in a trigger form?

Thanks, +REP

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I think it might just be:
Code:
Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
?

EDIT: And you have negative rep, saying +rep means nothing from you :p .

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability

This will trigger when the unit 'completed' casting the spell.

> A unit stops the effect of an ability

As the name suggest, will trigger when the ability is stopped or by any equivalent means possible. It also fire when the spell completes, which also considered as stops casting.

Dirac

Reaction score
Baratrum's charge is not channeled. But it interrupts when the player issues the hero an order. You might need to trigger this up. (PM me if there is another way)

Sometimes adding a Casting Time to spells can solve some stuff too

Windwalk

Reaction score
> Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability

This will trigger when the unit 'completed' casting the spell.

> A unit stops the effect of an ability

As the name suggest, will trigger when the ability is stopped or by any equivalent means possible. It also fire when the spell completes, which also considered as stops casting.

i understand those 2 but i still need to know how to detect when someone has started to channel a spell or has stopped channeling.. those deal with Instant abilities or Casting Time Abilities

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
With channeled spells,
"finishes casting" means the unit made it to the end of the channeling time,
"stops casting" means the unit... stopped casting, for whatever reason, stun, movement, death, end of channeling time, ...

Windwalk

Reaction score
With channeled spells,
"finishes casting" means the unit made it to the end of the channeling time,
"stops casting" means the unit... stopped casting, for whatever reason, stun, movement, death, end of channeling time, ...

so i can use those 2 events? for channeling? and in conditions how would i designate it?

Like i can't do

Ability Being cast Equal to Animate Dead <------Just an example

or will that work?

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
the condition "Ability being cast..." refers to any event that has something to do with spell casting, so it will work

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm actually working on a tutorial that explains how to do this. Event- A unit stops casting an ability is the best event response as it takes into account any reason for not casting whatever spell. Problem is that things like target unit of an ability being cast won't work. Create two triggers, one at Event- A unit starts the effect of an ability and one at Event- A unit stops casting an ability. The first one records all the targeting info you'll need for when the spell is done. If you want to create something like a starfall or earthquake type effect you'll need a third trigger that the first one turns on and the second one turns off.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.