About Ranged Drain

merlinds

Reaction score
I dont know if im stupid or what, but i can never find things using the search option. I thinck that what im going to ask has to be already maked, but it seems not.

Well the idea is to create a trigger, or several triggers in order to able the ranged units on my map to take advantage of the vampiric aura.
Quite simple, i have an item, that gives vampiric aura, but all my ranged heroes can not use the drain effect. I wanted to make a trigger that, when a unit takes damage, if the damage source is a ranged unit and has the buff "Vampiric Aura" makes the calcs over the damage done and add it as life to the damage source.
The problem is in the "Buff" detection part, i think that auras does not count as buff, since i created the trigger, but when i add the condition "Boolean - Unit has Buff" it stops working.
So, i need to know if Auras counts as buff, and in case no, some body has an idea of how can i do the "Aura" detection part.
Thank you in advance.

merlinds

Reaction score
This are my 2 triggers:

Trigger:
  • Units Set
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Entire map)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Add to Drain <gen> the event (Unit - (Entering unit) Recibes damage)

Trigger:
  • Drain
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Damage source) is a Ranged Unit) Equal to True
      • ((Damage source) has buff Vampiric Aura (Object)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set life of (Damage source) to ((Life of (Damage source)) + ((Damage taken) x 0.15))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Damage source) using Abilities\Spells\Undead\VampiricAura\VampiricAuraTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

If i use the buff condition, it stops working, but if i remove it i works!

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> If i use the buff condition, it stops working, but if i remove it i works
> Vampiric Aura (Object)

That's because your unit doesn't have this buff. Double check if it's the correct buff.
On a related note, units with this buff can also steal life using damaging spell as well.

merlinds

Reaction score
Here are my Vampiric Aura skill and my life drain trigger. They are both in spanish, since my WE is in spanish. But i Think you will understand.

detonadori.jpg

auraa.jpg

I think that the buff condition, and the buff given by the skill are the same.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Otherwise, it just simply means your ranged unit does not bestow the aura.

Troubleshoot with other aura abilities.

Your trigger looks fine to me.

merlinds

Reaction score
Im not at home now, so will try it later.
But i have an idea. Normaly Vampiric Aura is only for melee units, so if the unit is ranged maybe thats why the aura does not bestow in the unit. Can be this the cause? maybe, we will know it in the next chaper! ajajaja thank you!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I don't think ranged units get the buff. Try basing your aura off something else, like Brilliance Aura.

merlinds

Reaction score
Going to try that, but not now. And, since the item grants Aura for ranged and melee units, i will have to create 2 Vampiric auras, the real one for melee and the fake for ranged :p.

Dirac

Reaction score
That looks like you're putting a lot more work than needed to it, just use the aura based off briliance aura and remove the "is ranged" check. No need to use 2 auras, wasn't that obvious?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.