About Reputations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Let's say there is a new member in TH. We called him "Guy".

1. Guy had made some posts. He gets a bunch of reps. He wants to know how much did one particular rep giver gave him out of the total of all reps added together?

2. Guy had 100 +rep. Will the change from ordinary member to a member with custom titles be activated on 100, or more than 100?

3. Guy had over 2000 +rep, will he automatically becomes an admin, even though other admins don't give him privileges at all? Should there be a or some "license(s)" for one ordinary member, like Guy, to become an admin?

4. Guy's rep is somewhere between 150 to 250. He wishes to be a mod. Is there a limit for how much rep one needs for that person to become a moderator? Should an admin must make Guy a mod manually for it to happen?

5. Guy has over 2000 +reps. He gives a "I approve" reputation to another member. How much does that member gets for a rep from Guy?

Thanks in advance. :D Awaiting your answers.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
3. Guy had over 2000 +rep, will he automatically becomes an admin, even though other admins don't give him privileges at all? Should there be a or some "license(s)" for one ordinary member, like Guy, to become an admin?

4. Guy's rep is somewhere between 150 to 250. He wishes to be a mod. Is there a limit for how much rep one needs for that person to become a moderator? Should an admin must make Guy a mod manually for it to happen?
Rep has nothing to do with being a mod or a admin, as far as I know....

At number 2, its 100 rep I think.

duyen

Reaction score
Special Member is set manually but is usually given at 100 rep.

Mod/Admin has nothing to do with rep, but generally mods/admins have at least 800 rep, or are old friends of TH.

Oh yeah, and for #1, I don't think vBulletin would allow that type of feature.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
And for 1:
Theres no organized way of seeing how much rep someone have you. You can though, in your user CP, see how many rep you have and who have it to you. You can count how many times he gave you rep, and how many rep he gives each time (+1 for each green square I believe)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
1. Not possible.
2. Neither, we do it manually.

Ace answered the other two :p

> generally mods/admins have at least 800 rep
Nonsense. They are set to 800+ rep when they become part of the staff and people eventually come to think they had that much when they became mods. Rep in no way affects our decisions on someone becoming a staff member.

duyen

Reaction score
1. Not possible.

Ace answered the other two :p

> generally mods/admins have at least 800 rep
Nonsense. They are set to 800+ rep when they become part of the staff and people eventually come to think they had that much when they became mods. Rep in no way affects our decisions on someone becoming a staff member.

OMG, they do?

The staff really is evil :eek: :D

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score

I acualy have a question about this too. One day I had about 80 rep. The next day I suddently had, without someone repped me, 130 rep and a custom title. How come?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> How come?
Staff works in mysterious ways. :p
You were bumped. That's a good thing. You should be happy about it.
Or, the longer version: The Helper considers you helpful and decided to increase your rep and give you a custom title sooner.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
"tom_mai78101 said:
Should there be a or some "license(s)" for one ordinary member, like Guy, to become an admin?

What about this one, if Guy is one of the Staffs?

And another question:

5. Guy has over 2000 +reps. He gives a "I approve" reputation to another member. How much does that member gets for a rep from Guy? What math does the vBulletin uses for giving reps?

MUAHAHAHAHA.... ROFL... oh man...
:nuts:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> What about this one, if Guy is one of the Staffs?
What?
No, absolutely nothing happens automatically when you reach a certain reputation level.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
> How come?
Staff works in mysterious ways. :p
You were bumped. That's a good thing. You should be happy about it.
Or, the longer version: The Helper considers you helpful and decided to increase your rep and give you a custom title sooner.

Staff works in mysterious ways...wow, this is like a maffia buisness :D
Anyway, good to know I'm acualy considered helpful somewhere, thats kinda rare.

duyen

Reaction score
I think I got bumped to, I had 84 rep, then 140. A mod gave me a +rep and made me a special member.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyway, good to know I'm acualy considered helpful somewhere, thats kinda rare.

Not really, Daxtreme, The Hulk dude, Orc_Tamer, and some others all have that event.

There's a new question.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
5. Guy has over 2000 +reps. He gives a "I approve" reputation to another member. How much does that member gets for a rep from Guy? What math does the vBulletin uses for giving reps?
<Rep Amount>/100+1 (rounded down) is how much you give.
Half of that (also rounded down) is how much you take.
Admins are exception to this - they always give 10 and take 10 regardless of rep amount they have (but we can always set it manually afterwards).

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
And how do you get bumped so many reps? What's the math behind it?

Math behind it is that they do not bump nagging old cows, meaning I am not a nagging old cow, meaning I am usefull to the site in one way, making me happy.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.