AI CONTEST #1 | July 3rd - July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to try but the problem is that i dont know much about the standart warcraft III heroes. last time i played the original game is years ago, only doing own maps. lol.
i will try and see if my AI stands a chance (probably not)

a question: are we able to send in more then 1 AI? if i dont know which hero i want to make may i make different AIs for different heroes and submit all of them?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Can we have EGUI?
I'd rather not.

Though that's up to AndyPandy. =|

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Doesn't EGUI need to be "installed", sort of?

Then no.

EGUI is anyway (v)JASS in GUI, but with interface...pseudoJASS?

gameman

It's been a long, long time.
Reaction score
Well can we use the jass portion of it?

(I think we shouldn't be able to set the custom value of any unit other than the AI.)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> EGUI is anyway (v)JASS in GUI, but with interface...pseudoJASS?
Same applies to regular GUI in that case. .__.

Though yes, it needs to be installed.

> (I think we shouldn't be able to set the custom value of any unit other than the AI.)
I don't see anything wrong with that.
Any conflicts with AIs using Custom Value, I will fix.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you said in case of a draw more then 2 heroes will be in the arena at once. but the attached arena map does not offer the possibility of a fight between more then 2 heroes. are you going to fix this or will there be a different arena for draws?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
the multiboard and the other triggers are not set for multiple heroes. i wanted to test my AI against 11 other heroes in the arena. (tough i dont think there will be more then 4 heroes in the arena anytime...)
i just want to know if you will upload another arena for more heroes or if i have to change it myself for testing purposes.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
We'll use the same arena and just configure the variables and code depending on the number of contestants.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i wonder if we get to lulz if someone fails horribly xD
however. couldnt the blade master always win? If he gets low health he could wind walk back into the fountain, before the other hero

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
An idea I got, maybe hold the jugdement on b.net, so contestants can follow their AI's battles live?

Also, would it be possible to push the deadline two days?

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
I would suggest that if an AI uses a variable that is the enemy hero, it should be reset if the enemy hero uses mirror image, so that they dont know which one is real, or for any other reason that it would be approprate/ They could however use a damage detection trigger to check for the real one, as the real one is the only one that deals damage, if that is alowd. Also, if you are going to use owls at the fountains, make sure the trees are invlun, unless they are units, not sentinals.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
good idea tom, i was thinking the same thing; though some people obviously live in different time zones and that could cause problems? :p

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
An idea I got, maybe hold the jugdement on b.net, so contestants can follow their AI's battles live?

That's an option because I can host.

Maybe someone can even do a commentary, any volunteers?

good idea tom, i was thinking the same thing; though some people obviously live in different time zones and that could cause problems? :p

Yes, it would cause problems but we'll see.

I live in GMT +2 time zone, though I'm willing to cut my sleeping time if there's enough interest in live battles.

DonRoman

Reaction score
I'm also in favor of pushing the deadline by a few days and I like the idea of watching the AI battles live on Bnet. :)

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Woop woop. I like to watch too and commentate but may i if i dont submit any AI's. Btw my GMT is +2:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.