Health Alcohol more dangerous than heroin, cocaine

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
What would you say?

"Oh cool" and go on with my life...?

Why is it you can never accept a drug, FireCat? You come into every drug-related thread and completely disregard any scientific evidence there is and just go on the "I don't think thats true" BS?

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
"Oh cool" and go on with my life...?

Why is it you can never accept a drug, FireCat? You come into every drug-related thread and completely disregard any scientific evidence there is and just go on the "I don't think thats true" BS?

I bet you FireCat disapproves of Dihydrogen Monoxide too...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Heres some sites to check out for some actual FACTS about the drugs and not just what some government tells you.

http://dancesafe.org

[QUOTE="dancesafe" from the link you posted DDRtists ]WHAT ARE THE DRAWBACKS OF USING MARIJUANA?
Smoking anything, including marijuana, can damage the lungs, throat, and mouth.

Marijuana is a Schedule I narcotic, and getting caught with it can lead to serious consequences.

Marijuana slows down reaction time and impairs driving.

Some people feel uncomfortable, nauseous, or paranoid after using marijuana.

Marijuana can have synergistic effects with other drugs, increasing effects of both.[/QUOTE]

And Moar LOL Still a harmful Drug?

Hehehe @ReVolver

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
And Moar LOL Still a harmful Drug?

>>Smoking anything, including marijuana, can damage the lungs, throat, and mouth.
I never said that it didn't, that is one of the only bad side effects. And once again, cigarettes are legal and they're even worse on the lungs...

>> Marijuana is a Schedule I narcotic, and getting caught with it can lead to serious consequences.
Maybe where you are! But here in California, It's not even a misdemeanor anymore. If you get caught with under 1 ounce, it's a $100 fine...if they even give you a ticket. I know 3 people who didn't even get a ticket for under an ounce, they just took it. And I know 2 people who just got let go, no ticket and they let them keep it...

>> Marijuana slows down reaction time and impairs driving.
1. I NEVER said I approve of driving while high. I don't, and I don't approve of doing so, because it does impair.
2. Alcohol impairs the driving skills 3x as much as marijuana and it's legal...

>> Some people feel uncomfortable, nauseous, or paranoid after using marijuana.
Some people feel uncomfortable in social situations while sober, and like any other LEGAL drug including cough medicines, theres always the possible nauseous feeling...

>> Marijuana can have synergistic effects with other drugs, increasing effects of both.
So? Same thing with aspirin, you're not supposed to take other drugs with it. Also same thing with drinking while taking ANY other drug, yet alcohol is legal.

Sorry bud, not trying to hate on you or say you're wrong, but none of the things you posted are a sufficient reason for it to continue being illegal...

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
But if we legalize it then people will start growing it which in turn will increase oxygen levels in the air which will cause a reverse-evolutionary cycle to take place back to that of times when oxygen levels were extremely high in earths atmosphere and there were things like giant mosquitos and giant lizard dragon thingies with sharp pointy teeth. Would you really want giant mosquitos and giant lizard dragons to be roaming freely and unchecked through the newly formed marijuana forests that would cover half of the US? :p

Zakyath

Reaction score
But if we legalize it then people will start growing it which in turn will increase oxygen levels in the air which will cause a reverse-evolutionary cycle to take place back to that of times when oxygen levels were extremely high in earths atmosphere and there were things like giant mosquitos and giant lizard dragon thingies with sharp pointy teeth. Would you really want giant mosquitos and giant lizard dragons to be roaming freely and unchecked through the newly formed marijuana forests that would cover half of the US? :p

Thank you, your post made my morning =) gotta spread the love before repping you, though

DDRtists: what's probably most dangerous with marijuana is that you can just smoke for days not minding anything, feeling great - but when you stop it's like waking up from a haze.Most people lack respect for the drug and it can seriously harm their social connections, and keep them from advancing in their careers or getting the grades they would've been capable of without the weed. The reason for this is that the anti-drug propagande has created some kind of anti-anti-drug propaganda; people start using the drug in belief that nothing bad can happen at all. e.g., it is often said that you can't become addicted to cb, but it isn't really often mentioned that if you've been smoking on a regular basis for a while you'll get depressed, feel lonely, get problems sleeping and so on for a while when the weed is leaving your body. And if you're not aware of this, you'll probably just take another joint and hope you're better off tomorrow.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thank you, your post made my morning =) gotta spread the love before repping you, though

DDRtists: what's probably most dangerous with marijuana is that you can just smoke for days not minding anything, feeling great - but when you stop it's like waking up from a haze.Most people lack respect for the drug and it can seriously harm their social connections, and keep them from advancing in their careers or getting the grades they would've been capable of without the weed. The reason for this is that the anti-drug propagande has created some kind of anti-anti-drug propaganda; people start using the drug in belief that nothing bad can happen at all. e.g., it is often said that you can't become addicted to cb, but it isn't really often mentioned that if you've been smoking on a regular basis for a while you'll get depressed, feel lonely, get problems sleeping and so on for a while when the weed is leaving your body. And if you're not aware of this, you'll probably just take another joint and hope you're better off tomorrow.

Somebody hasn't smoked weed in their life ^

Zakyath

Reaction score

I based the post on own experiences and how I came to respect the drug for what it is. While you look down on those who doubt the science supporting drugs, have you got the right to disregard all science that states negative effects with cannabis? Get real.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

I have to agree completely here, I have NEVER felt any way like you described. Coming down from weed, I just generally go "Well that was fun" and go on with life.

You're describing after-effects of MDMA (Ecstasy), from my experiences. I've never felt that way from marijuana, but MDMA makes you happy and life is great while its going on. When you come down, and the next day or so after, you're depressed as fuck and will sometimes literally start crying and have no idea why you are.

I based the post on own experiences and how I came to respect the drug for what it is. While you look down on those who doubt the science supporting drugs, have you got the right to disregard all science that states negative effects with cannabis? Get real.

Why are you telling us to get real? There ARE indeed a couple negative side effects, yes. However, both alcohol and tobacco are legal, and they both have far more negative side effects than weed...

Zakyath

Reaction score
>I have to agree completely here, I have NEVER felt any way like you described. Coming down from weed, I just generally go "Well that was fun" and go on with life.

You're describing after-effects of MDMA (Ecstasy), from my experiences. I've never felt that way from marijuana, but MDMA makes you happy and life is great while its going on. When you come down, and the next day or so after, you're depressed as fuck and will sometimes literally start crying and have no idea why you are.

Yeah, after MDMA you feel it right away. But when it comes to cannabis, you have to been smoking on a daily basis for a while, often months.

>Why are you telling us to get real? There ARE indeed a couple negative side effects, yes. However, both alcohol and tobacco are legal, and they both have far more negative side effects than weed...

I know you're well aware of most negative effects with cannabis. My second post was a reply to revolver, while my first one was a reply to you. I agree with you when you say it should be legal, but with you being very intrested in facts concerning drugs I wanted to share my experience with you :)

I suggest next post concerning this should be posted here: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1305653#post1305653

FireCat

Reaction score
>>Smoking anything, including marijuana, can damage the lungs, throat, and mouth.
I never said that it didn't

>> Marijuana slows down reaction time and impairs driving.
1. I NEVER said I approve of driving while high. I don't, and I don't approve of doing so, because it does impair.
At last, That's Just what I wanted to hear.

And some people say it isn't harmful at all. hmm

Well, doesn't it affects everyone differently. Isn't that so? lol

:thup: @Whitesock

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Thats about you. lol But If your child might start using drugs, "alcohol abuse". Well, maybe your friends Or a family member?
I mean if you doesn't really care so much. hmm So would you do something about it or not?

wait, what? your talking about "alcohol abuse" now - this debate is about comparing different drugs, not drugs in general are bad - and we are comparing illegal drugs to legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco), so what are you comparing "alcohol abuse" to, and is it worse then alcohol abuse or not? that is the debate

as I see it, alcohol impairs you way more then Marijuana

they are both bad for your health, but then so is watching TV and eating chips, so maybe you need to start comparing why Marijuana is so bad for you as opposed to alcohol

and as far as my friends/family, as long as they aren't doing anything stupid (I.E. driving while drunk), I would leave them alone - would you criticize a friend/family for drinking or smoking (legally)?

FireCat

Reaction score
I can't quote myself inside your quote (to prevent pyramids)

and my questions still stands, how does that relate to alcohol and/or tobacco being less harmful?
First, I never said anything about it's less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco I only said it's equally dangerous.

Second The wink said it all. Thats means your QUOTE Because you said
I don't really care so much
that's the half that I don't care about
So it was a simple question. What you would do if someone you know was
in drugs or abused alcohol.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
it was a simple question.

and I gave a simple answer

and as far as my friends/family, as long as they aren't doing anything stupid (I.E. driving while drunk), I would leave them alone - would you criticize a friend/family for drinking or smoking (legally)?

First, I never said anything about it's less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco I only said it's equally dangerous.

so then are you saying that since they are equally bad ("dangerous") for you, they should either both be illegal or both be legal, or should some drugs still have "special privileges"?

or do you still hold by this?

But say alcohol are more dangerous then crack, heroin? and the other crap drugs? What a BULLSHIT!

p.s.
I bet you FireCat disapproves of Dihydrogen Monoxide too...
if memory serves right, he's the one who argued with me about pilots not deserving special rights on a plane.. but w/e, these debates are somewhat entertaining, if lacking in the popcorn department

FireCat

Reaction score
and I gave a simple answer
Thank you, that's so sweet of you!

so then are you saying that since they are equally bad ("dangerous") for you, they should either both be illegal or both be legal, or should some drugs still have "special privileges"?

or do you still hold by this?
I'll edit it later.....
But most soft drugs are already legal, mainly alcohol and tobacco and thats enough. We doesn't need moar crap. LOL

if memory serves right, about pilots not deserving special rights on a plane..
Pilots boycott full-body scanners Just because they are Pilots? No way again, LOL they don't deserving of special rights than anyone else, on this issue.

if lacking in the popcorn department
Hehehehehehe

Anyway P.S Well, here ya go , I found this for ya!
It's kind of hard to eat. But you can always stare at it Hahaha
popcorn.png

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
But most soft drugs are already legal, mainly alcohol and tobacco and thats enough. We doesn't need moar crap. LOL

so alcohol and tobacco are considered "soft" by you? what defines a drug as "soft"? the fact that it's widely used? I would argue that these drugs are softer in that they don't kill you as fast or impair you as much

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.