Reaction score
I wonder what you prefer. Manga or Anime? I made a list of cons and pros

Pros of Anime:
-you don't have to read
-some scenes have more action
Cons of Anime:
-censored
-filling episods
-sometimes not rly thrilling when it should be.
(-always the same music)

Pros of Manga:
-you can read the fast or slow
-you can read certain parts again easily if you didn't understand it
-uncensored
-if some part if boring you can just read faster and skip it without missing everything
Cons of Manga:
-you have to read

about prices I don't know.

Just hope I manage to set this pole up :O

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I like to do both...

You go your Pros and Cons mixed
Pro = positive comments
Con = negative comments

You got them the other way around

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Well I dont really love anime, but i hate reading it, it is so boring, there is no sound, no moving pictures, and no music.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I like mangas better.

Original, and of quality non-affected by any video sharing site. :D

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I really hate to pick one...I love both so much. :p

If I had to, I'd probably pick manga - I don't think I've ever found an example of an anime I prefer over its manga counterpart. On second thought, Elfen Lied may be the one exception to that - I loved the anime, and I haven't read the manga, but I've heard it's mediocre. On third thought, same with Eureka Seven.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Manga all the way, I like it since its plain, portable, original work, and its fast.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
well, elfen lied is really better in anime. But for another reason: How Lucy slaughters everybody just isn't the same in pictures like with movement ;)
Same is for hellsing I think.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
lol the pros and cons you listed are pretty much books vs. tv in general.. but I prefer to watch anime

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I like to do both even though my bro only buys the One Piece Mangas and I don't buy any.
So in reality, I watch more anime than read the mangas.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Both are good, for the most part, although I'm tend to look at anime as just another sort of cartoon instead of in a genre all its own.

I think that mangas are, more often than not, of better quality than the anime, but some things would just look so much cooler if they were moving. However, there are countless manga-inspired animes that are far worse than the manga, that could never possibly compare, which is why mangas are my preferred choice.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Anime, english subtitles with japanese voices, unless it has really, really good english voice acting. (I've seen a couple that did) There's a lot of emotion that's lost in manga, as compared to anime. I prefer books to manga, as it fulfills the role of manga, but you tend to get a lot more for your money, still in a portable size. Anime (or any video media, for that matter) isn't as good as getting across thought and meaning sometimes, as well as not being able to have as much content as in a nice sized book, but they have their own place as well, being able to show action, drama, and emotion much better than books in some cases.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I read Naruto manga because its so far ahead in the story line but fights tend to be lacking in manga so I watch the epic fights in the anime.
There both good, manga tends to be further ahead in the story line though.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I think that mangas are, more often than not, of better quality than the anime, but some things would just look so much cooler if they were moving. However, there are countless manga-inspired animes that are far worse than the manga, that could never possibly compare, which is why mangas are my preferred choice.

This pretty much sums up my views.

On that note, I would love to see the anime of both FMA and Rurouni Kenshin redone to match the manga plot - this would make two amazing anime even better, and add more life to the wonderful manga plots.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Well, I only watch one anime - Naruto/Shippuuden so I like to watch anime. Reading manga is good for information and stuff, but I like action and MOVING! stuff and..um.. pretty colors. lol. If i had to choose from watching anime all day long or reading manga all day long, i choose watching anime. Like ninja_sheep said, anime is sometimes censored, sometimes filler episodedededd (?), and not always thrilling.

Watching anime is more of a "daily life" thing to do. Reading manga is more of a "hobby" thing. My final poll is Watching Anime! I'm 2/3 anime and 1/3 manga.

nanometre

Reaction score
I think it depends of the serie you are watching/reading. I loved Samurai Champloo in anime but the Shaman King anime was disapointing (while the manga was second to god lol).

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
some Anime are better portrayed then their Manga counterparts.
the opposite also applies here.

To me, it depends what the Anime/Manga it is.

Buso Renkin - Anime
Bleach - Kinda both..
Shakugan no Shana - Anime
Mx0 - Manga [because it's only in Manga... ok bad example :p]
D.Gray Man - Anime
Black Cat - Manga

so im kinda both for the poll, shoulda added a Both option on it :p

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Naruto is much better as an Anime, but there are a couple of differences between it and the Manga so watching the Anime and reading the Manga, you get two halves of a whole.
I don't particularly like that little fact, but its true.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
I would watch/read both. Because most of the scene in Anime is being changed and the Manga stays original.

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
I prefer reading manga because it corrects the story more than the anime.. Anime has add-ons which doesn't relate to the story.. Like Naruto, Its suppose to go to shippuden already but they added some more episodes.

=)) Naruto Shippuden Manga Chapter 397 is the latest.
Visit this site and download the manga. =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.