Any smart ideas?

xxartanisxx

Reaction score
I just started making an rpg and put a town in and some grass around it then saved from there and tested the map to see the proportions then i put some trees in and thats all now every time i try to test i get a critical error... anyone got any better ideas other than deleting all the trees lol

squorpion

Reaction score
I just started making an rpg and put a town in and some grass around it then saved from there and tested the map to see the proportions then i put some trees in and thats all now every time i try to test i get a critical error... anyone got any better ideas other than deleting all the trees lol

what critical error? when you save the map you get the error or is it the one were wc3 just closes and say its encountered a critical error

Never_Quit

Reaction score
its probably either an incorrect reference in some of his more recent triggers or a negative value that is specified in the object data

and depending on how much terrraining you did, you could select them all then cut them, and paste them in a new map :)

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Backup your map, select a tree, go to Edit -> Select All Special, and press Delete.
Then test the map, and see if it crashes. That way, we'll be able to determine whether or not it's the trees.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
lol! how could trees cause a error? it has to be a trigger or maybe a import. what do you have on the map?
click scenario
map description

copy the text on the bottom and past it
it should says things like
- Map size is greater than 192 x 192 (or equivalent)
- Variable array sizes have been specified (Trigger Editor)

and so on.

xxartanisxx

Reaction score
ill doudble check later cant right now on a dif comp but i used the standard map sizes they listed (biggest one for my rpg using the 256 by 256) only triggers i started are some camera ones i was exploring around with but those were saved the exact same on the working version...

no imports or objects either

other than that its just "expansion only doodads are being used"

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
If you have no triggers anyway, copy paste everything to a new map and start over. (Both terrain and doodads, and units.)

Test the map after you copy each thing over to see what is crashing it.

If it never crashes, save over the original and off you go.

And in case you're that 0.1% that hasn't been told... Back up your work.

xxartanisxx

Reaction score
figured it out error caused by my only trigger lol..

* cam command
o Events
+ Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
+ Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -cam as A substring
o Conditions
+ (Substring((Entered chat string), 1, 5)) Equal to (Matched chat string)
o Action
+ Camera - Set (Triggering player)'s camera Distance to target to (Real((Substring((Entered chat string), 6, 10)))) over 0.00 seconds
anyone know what is wrong with it i want it to be so u type -cam (number) and it sets the cam distance that far away

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Isnt Matched for conditions?

Or is it only Matching...

But either way, I don't think Matched chat string has anything to do in there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.