Any Way To Detect Passives Going Off?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Is there any way you can detect when a passive ability goes off?
Ex: Critical Strike specifically.

I want to be able to detect if the unit crits, so I can do some additional things with triggers.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
You will need to trigger passive proc's if you plan on detecting them. The default critical strike/evasion and other passives aren't detectable.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I can't think of anyway of triggering a critical strike though..
I'm thinking I'll just make my ability give a short burst of attack speed via a dummy cast.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I can't think of anyway of triggering a critical strike though..
I'm thinking I'll just make my ability give a short burst of attack speed via a dummy cast.

You could make use of a buff placer to stimulate a critical strike. However, that would mean that your Critical Strike won't be considered for situations such as Life Steal and Cleave. You could just make a custom damage system, because honestly, Warcraft's default damage system is pretty limited.

tommerbob

Reaction score
I suggest using a Damage detection system like Ayanami mentioned. J4L's Damage is ideal.

That way it would be easy to trigger a critical strike. Just detect damage, set an integer to random, and if its the right number, deal double damage.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Eh..
I don't think at this time making all damage in my map triggered is completely needed.
Maybe in a later version.

Dirac

Reaction score
Detecting "unusual" unit activity is possible though. Example: create a trigger which "unit deals damage" event, if the unit deals more damage than expected, there's your critical strike
(expected damage: base attack + hero main attribute + bonuses)

keychup

Reaction score
Detecting "unusual" unit activity is possible though. Example: create a trigger which "unit deals damage" event, if the unit deals more damage than expected, there's your critical strike
(expected damage: base attack + hero main attribute + bonuses)

tommerbob said:
That way it would be easy to trigger a critical strike. Just detect damage, set an integer to random, and if its the right number, deal double damage.

And if the damage detected happens to be spell-based?

If you like you could have juggernaut use a buff placer like enevenomed spears.

Everytime a unit is attacked, and if the attacker has envenomed spears ability at level 1 or higher do this:
Wait for Condition - (Unit has Specific Buff) Attacked Unit has buff Envenomed Spears
If/Then/Else (Multiple)
If (Integer Comparison) Random Integer from 0 to 100 is less than or equal to 15 (The % chance) Then cause attacking unit to damage attacked unit dealing ? damage of damage type Hero and attack type Normal.
Remove Specific Buff (Remove Envenomed Spears from attacked unit).
Set Variable (Set CriticalHitUnit = Attacking Unit)
Trigger - Run checking conditions (Run CriticalHitDetect<gen>)

CriticalHitDetect <gen>
Actions here then
Set Variable (Set CriticalHitUnit = No Unit)

Concerning the ?: This is what you'll probably use to calculate tha damage inflicted (IE: ATK of hero*Factor). If you have a way of detecting the exact ATK damage of the attacker at the moment the buff is applied, do tell.

tommerbob

Reaction score
And if the damage detected happens to be spell-based?

J4L's system can detect damage type if damage is registered through the system. It might be a hassle if you're lazy, but ultimately, its just as much work doing it any other way.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
I just went with a buff that has a chance to increase his attack speed greatly for now.
This way also fits the hero more, imo.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.