AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be till Aeons of Strife is remade on starcraft 2. ^_^

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I wonder how long it will be till Aeons of Strife is remade on starcraft 2. ^_^
It wont take very long at all for a AoS type map to come out. It might not be very good, but it wont take very long at all..

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I meant as in DotA.
Dota is based of a game called Aeons of Strife from Starcraft 1

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Yes, that is what it originated from and Aoens of Strife genre got its name from the Starcraft 1 Aeons of Strife....

He meant that you are referring to it as if it were a genre.

People will obviously make it, but I think the original creators might even hop in and create one of their own. Don't know though, but the probability is extremely high because a lot of people say "they want to make a DotA like map" rather than "I want to create an Aeon of Strife".

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I don't think there's much wrong with it. I like AoS maps, if they are simple and well made. I don't like complicated systems and stuff, just a simple pick your hero from a tavern, buy a few items, and go. I hate maps where you have inventory systems and special new stats, spellbooks, etc.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
What about the fact that DotA has alot of complex system's in it? xD
Not really..Dota's pretty simple. Theres a ton of pretty un-used game modes, though, If thats what your talking about. Either that you call differnt things complex then I do... o_O... We should resist turning this into a dota discussion thread, though.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
my magical psycho prediction says this will rapidly become a dota flame thread.

To stop that:

When it comes out, lets get a bunch of people togeather and make a really good and unique AoS map before anyone else gets a corner on the market!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
dota sucks.

Alright, lol. The first AoS in StarCraft will probably be fun. I mean, theres so much extra crap to make the game look nicer. Mass unit spawns too most likely will occur :D

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
There will be no dota in space. There will be Aeons of strife Reborn which will be 10x as epic as dota. :rolleyes:

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
The first maps of each genre that will be included could very much be blizzard made maps, they did the same with warcraft.

OMGedDude

Reaction score
probably within the first week of bnet theres gonna be at least over 10 different aos maps popping up. since starcraft is more about numbers than warcraft, we'll be seeing super large scale battles now :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think people will think of different ideas than in Wc3.
I mean, ScumEdit seems incredible.
And if they finish trackables, people (me) will make the best mini-map games the world has ever seen.

I hope people like maps evenly though. So the entire list won't be filled with 1 map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.