Banish issue

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Is it somehow possible to give banished unit attack ability? What I am actually after, is to create a unit that can be targeted by spells and magic attacks but invulnerable to psychical attacks like towers and heroes. Cannot be a flying unit classification.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
What about attack and armour types?

I utilize a system whereby standard attack damage is null and all damage is triggered and deal as spell damage.

You can set it that say "hero" armour or whatever isn't affected by any damage except magic?

And its really simple too. In game constants on the Damage Reduction table you set all the relevant values to 1.00 (100%) therefore all damage will be reduced by 100%.

That might be an option?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
But he will be still attackable by anything else. I just want to make unit untargetable by anything else than spells and want to keep an ability to attack.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
He will be attacked and targeted and such but no damage will be dealt except for the damage types you allow

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Mmmm, I don't remember how the ethereal ability works but check that out. Could try a proxyunit to do the attack but I'm not sure otherwise.
Sorry

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I'll wait for some other answers. Perhaps someone ever come across an ability I could possibly add to give unit an attack :) Or maybe someone knows how to turn unit visually ethereal? Not talking about vortex coloring + effect, as I would need the unit to shin just as real banished unit does.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
You could change the unit armor type to ethereal and then fake the ethereal art with it :/

The ethereal ability removes the unit attack and changes its armor into the ethereal armor type

inevit4ble

Reaction score
it would..........you're only changing the armour type and the amount of damage it would take depending on its armour. It would still be targeted by spells and normal attacks but would only take damage from spells

inevit4ble

Reaction score
ok then you can run a trigger every o.o1sec
if unit is attacked order attacking unit to attack another targert
maybe that will work

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yeah you could simulate a banish ability. Give it a dummy buff, and then turn on a trigger that checks whenever a unit attacks that target, and order them to stop. You can also simulate an Error message to that player for completeness. You can get a SimError snippet here.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
In certain situations there could be even 50+ units that would need to have their target changed and attack stopped :/

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Then just add the unit to a unit group. Detect when a unit in that unit group is attacked, and order the attacking unit to stop. Then when the unit loses the banish buff, remove it from the unit group.

TheOverWhelm

Reaction score
Issue with this "stop" business is it wont always work. Units may still try again and if, say, 20 archers have a thing for your hero that will create a lot of lag.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
have a thing for your hero
lol at that :D

Ye stop isn't the right option. Thats why I suggested that they are ordered to attack another target.
But another idea came to me, what about giving the unit an 'Ancient' classification or something similar like mechanical or some class that the attacks don't have allowance to attack but spells can still target?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
I tried mechanical, spells won't work, and ancient don't seem to have any effect at all, since every unit was still able to attack him.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
You have to changed "Targets Allowed"...
for both spells and attacks
to (non-ancient)/(non-mechanical)
and same for why spells could target mechanical
you have to allow the target of mechanical...

or did you do that...?

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Certain spells based on certain abilities would never target mechanical whatever targets allowed are, that is why I never used mechanical classification. And yes, I kept trying with ancient, non ancient, adding it for both spells and attacks, no effect at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.