Other Bash of the Wizards (BOW)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
IMPORTANT- how shloud the spells be- needing mana, but no cooldown, needing mana and cooldown OR no mana and cooldown?
Keep in mind that i have decided that each mage can have only 4 spells at a time, so my vote is for the cooldown only.

To Jolly: Are you up to make some terrening for another project of mine.It has a lot of potential but i started it as my first real project, so the heroes are unbalanced the terrein is craapy(must be cemetrrick for the 2 forces) and there are some game play issiues
To Both of you: guys, i am going to expand Bash Of The Wizards and Rise Of The Forgotten One as my 2 projects, so after we finish the beta for BoW you are moore then welcome to help yout with the other project(this time i have all of the baisick systems and game play, i need gameplay ideas, hero and item ideas and some extra hand in the terrening)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
lol for 6 hours of work I maniged to make 2 spells, wich are maufunctioning.Am I talanted or what?Sry but...i think that the project is pretty much stuck at this point.Sorry guys...

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
maufunctioning = malfunctioning
terrein = terrain
baisick = basic

Ask Accname to do something for you with the spells. Don't give up on this yet, Bloodcount.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am not giving up.Besides i don't know what is the problem so, it is kinda unfixable.Baisicly i made a deathcoil that is supposed to moove 2 times faster then the lighning ball, yet they have the same moovment speed...

Anyway I am considering leaving the map maiking, not the project....just that i haven't really finished a project since i began and...i really don't like waisting my time on things that won't be acomplished....

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Lightning ball? Send me the map with the spell, please, or upload it here. I might be able to fix it. Oh, and you dont need to learn JASS straight away.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
here you go.And btw by tommorow night i'll decide if i quit the WE or not, so don't push yourself too far.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Uh guys, I have a lot of game play sugjestions BUT, there is one thing worring me- lack of spells.So....Accname I want to ask you somthing-(1 it is for the first 2 types of spells, the third type will stay that way)Is it possible to make a triger like that:
Unit starts the efect of an aability
ability is frost bolt
create one frost bolt dymmy for triggering player
order last created unit to death knight- deathcoil random unit from unitgroup
(death coil is modified so that the dummy must moove to the target, this just replaces the demig trigger. the deathcoil has no animations so it looks like nothing)
give 1 sec expiration timer to last created
Create special effect
destroy last created special effect

same goes for the "target point AoE spells"

will it work???
IMPORTANT: a few important game play issues- i have decidetd that the spells will have no mana cost, just cooldown.The modes are slightly changed(well no not really just a team mode now and again) and i have a coupple of unique(never done before) game play sugjestions.However, I want us to fix my spell problem and make the base spells before we go to secondary gameplay.
A few final words- Accname, good job with the camera system, Jolly your time will come soon(evil laugh)(well no not really, perheps next week if I am lucky).

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Problem fixed- Accname hope you don't mind but i buchured your spell adding and spell casting system(it stil works like the original but i made it to make my life easier)So.....baisicly i am back on working on the map with full force.There is one thing though- if any one hasn't read my theread about the other map, i will work mainly on the other map unitil October the 31(heloween) anyways...well...hope to see ya soon

Yours, Bloodcount

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.