Battle Ship Xtrm

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Poison does duration damage.

If you really want it I have to tweak my system to enable duration damage. Poison should do damage only to organic units (Crew) ships should not take that damage but how does units inside transport get spells on them - not possible. Looks like poison arrows aren' t best choise. You don' t win ship battles with poison arrows, do you ?

EDIT: I had one idea as usual, what if we would change rewarding totally opposite ? You don' t gain gold for killing your oponents, you instead get bonuses like faster reviving, or even instant revives if you get many kills it like would give you secure back while keeping gameplay even without overpowering one team when other team has feeders/ beginners.
Maybe we should add reviving like World of Warcraft that after revive you have lower stats for some duration (reviving sickness), this only applies to captain (maybe to crew also). When you have many kills that revivng sickness is reduced or totally removed when revived. The rewards are like charges or gifts from "Kingdom" of your team. If you kill you get one of these bonuses if you have spree you get something better, if you die one gift is used (Or many tepends what these gifts can give you.). You collect them by killing enemy heroes.

Yeah thats what I thought about harpooneers, I think the heavier ships should be able to take the other ship away and keep it up distance, maybe it gives you boarding bonusses.
And it is easy to use Poison arrows - just place a dummy in the middle of the targeted enemy that has - life regen aura. (kills himself, too). My idea.

Summoning sickness? don't think this to be a good idea...
And what do you think about heroes just giving double exp?
And basing creepmoney on the level you have? like 9 + hero level * random integer between 0 and 2 ?
Would be worth a thought, if you ask me.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> that has - life regen aura. (kills himself, too). My idea.

Idea is good but that unit would not give credits for kills. Maybe we should just detect if buff equals to poison buff and then use dummy caster to cast somekind of a poison ability ? Would work nicly.

> Summoning sickness? don't think this to be a good idea...

You want usual bonus gold for kills (hero, ship) ?

I will check today is it possible to teach villager units swim.

> like 9 + hero level * random integer between 0 and 2 ?

It would add too big random factor to game. People would start to flame eachother with: "Omfg, what a lucker !". Lets better give to some AI ships that kind of special bounty. Others would use ordinary Object Editor bounty ?
Between 0 and 2 would be like gold gaine between 0 % and 200 % let it better be between 50 % and 100 %. What you think ?

> Harpooners

To trigger it we would need dummy units for chain.

I try to make us nice game flow triggers for displaying kills/ deaths, I need badly to know what there should be displayed ? I can think of:
1) Player name
2) Is reviving ?
3) Ships sunked (My grammar sucks so help me out please.)
4) Ships lost
5) Crew killed
6) Crew lost
7) Captians killed
8) Captian lost

It is just a idea dunno can I fit all these into my chart even.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Idea is good but that unit would not give credits for kills. Maybe we should just detect if buff equals to poison buff and then use dummy caster to cast somekind of a poison ability ? Would work nicly.
Wasn't that what I said?
Was what I meant, at least^^

> Summoning sickness? don't think this to be a good idea...

You want usual bonus gold for kills (hero, ship) ?

I will check today is it possible to teach villager units swim.
Yes you can do that - but what for?

And look down what I said about hero bonuses - they just give more xp!
Code:
> like 9 + hero level * random integer between 0 and 2 ?

It would add too big random factor to game. People would start to flame eachother with: "Omfg, what a lucker !". Lets better give to some AI ships that kind of special bounty. Others would use ordinary Object Editor bounty ?
Between 0 and 2 would be like gold gaine between 0 % and 200 % let it better be between 50 % and 100 %. What you think ?
:rolleyes:

you forgot something...
MULTIPLICATION PRECEDES ADDITION!!!!
but if you want, it so, I can use that nice associative law:
9 + ( hero level * random number between 0 and 2 ). people would shout out "omfg what a lucker" if you have 2 instead of 0? OMFG! he got 2 more gold than I did!!
On higher levels it might be a bit.. overrelated... but at the first 6 levels it won't be too bad. perhaps bewtween 1 and 2?
And your arithmetic was wrong. Even (9 + hl ) * Ran#( 0 , 2 ) would be 0 to 100%, not 0 to 200%. 200 would be if you want a result between 0 and 1 and have as result 2... A bit impossible - but only a verrry little bit^^

And I think all ships should have this kind of bounty, becouse object editor bounty will be FAR to few if you want buy high - level equipment in the late game, but ships don't do spawn faster nor give more bounty. Basing the bounty on the killing player's hero level would not only be better for the late game, but it would even be a bit more realistic : a more experienced crew knows where the treasures are hidden usually.

> Harpooners

To trigger it we would need dummy units for chain.
Code:
 I try to make us nice game flow triggers for displaying kills/ deaths, I need badly to know what there should be displayed ? I can think of:
1) Player name
2) Is reviving ?
3) Ships sunked (My grammar sucks so help me out please.)
4) Ships lost
5) Crew killed
6) Crew lost
7) Captians killed
8) Captian lost

It is just a idea dunno can I fit all these into my chart even.
Lol. My opinion on these:
As "ships lost" and "captains lost" will be the same as "ships lost", you won't need them. And I think that we should not show the number of ships you have sunk, Only the number of Player's ships you sank...
So I would use
-Player name
-Kills
-Deaths
-Current state

More things would take too much space of the monitor... you could only look at it while you are sunk or "think" you are "sure" at the moment...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> So I would use...

They are so vague, I thought when your ship is sunked your crew drops to water and enemies can kill them or you can try to get them with captain safty. Thats why there are so many data displayed.

I have made WIP version of quickScore (I thought out this termin myself.) Picture can be seen from here: http://img143.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scorescreenso8.jpg
It' s missing custom made fade filter from back what I hopefully can get from Graphics Zone, if someone is willing to help me.
I personally think it looks very cool (Think it with background also - like dialog boxes have.) I used right now there fade filter thats why it looks darker. In final version only text parts are covered.
The best part is that you can toggle it on/ off by pressing Esc key in game. I hope you like it, I really do.
Ofcourse it has cons also - Chat log gets flooded with that text (Isn' t big deal.). If someone types at same time it hides some of display what isn' t so good.
After all cons it have I still like it very much and think it could give much to map because nobody hasn' t used it before.
It' s up to you when you watch it. It' s only Esc key press away anyway and very comfortable to use.
Idea behind it was theme like World of Warcraft PvP uses.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
hey very good!
But it is "ships sank" ;)
And we won't have that many towers : )

Well I thought you would use mb's.... Because of that I was against displaying that many values.

But I how we want to do reviving then?
We might have it so that when the ship sinks, it is repaired after some time, and if the captain dies he is not really killed but placed on one of the Islands. You or one of your teammates have to come and rescue him, he is placed then in the rescueing player's ship. We could even make it so that Heroes have auras (as hero abilities) wich give speed, armor, damage and life bonusses to allies within range XX - so within the ship they're actually in.
So if you loose your captain you will still be able to sail, but not as good as usually... You have to pick him up l8r
And I think crew should wether cost almost nothing (perhaps give a small malus to income / second ), or have lots of hp and damage (only able to target crew and captains ).

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> We might have it so that when the ship sinks, it is repaired after some time.

Yes, it needs still some talk though.

> if the captain dies he is not really killed but placed on one of the Islands.

I thought using amphibious (Spelling?) movement so captains and crew can swim if ship is sunked.

> We could even make it so that Heroes have auras (as hero abilities) wich give speed, armor, damage and life bonusses to allies within range XX

Yes we could do so, but it should not give too much bonuses also.

> or have lots of hp and damage (Crew)

No, they are humans and don' t survive in water long, specially when enemies are near them.

> And I think crew should wether cost almost nothing

When asuming you get killed alot then yes. There should be cheap, moderate and expencive crew to hire.
I just got idea as usual while typing answers to you. When crew member gets killed (cheap, moderate, expensive) they will be available as mercenary crew from Tavern. It like trains them alot when they get killed. When some crew member gets buyed and killed alot he returns to tavern as ghoust (Or some spooky guy) who is really good. But it asumes he gets before many times killed. Of course it should not be like that just idea. It sounds interesting though and needs some balance before implementing.

About crew after ship sank, we need one totally new villager model what has swim animations and some captains also with swim animations (Berfect would be with swim, swim death, attack swim, spell cast swim, spell channeling swim animations.) We got models already done only need to create new special animations. It is hard but I really am interested in modeling, drawing with PC in general but I don' t know nothing right now. It would be so awsome if we get these models. It would allow all these cool features what I have dreamed about.
Right now I try to learn The Gimp so I could do the background for QuickScore. If I manage to do it I will try to learn a bit from modeling.
Without these special hard things our map would be missing something. It would move our game to totally new level once again.
I have summer vacation also so I have time to work with it and learn. If you bouth aren' t in hurry to realise first version I would want to try do these things.
How goes map progress SierraAvanger ? What you have done ? I' m curious, one fix too in weapon tooltips there is in targets allowed: Air and Ground or GROUND ONLY, please change GROUND ONLY to Ground only.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
I don't have the map, it is Don who has it.

And perhaps we should dissallow crew swimming - it would be unrealistic if they could swim 2 days without a break. I would just place them back on an Island after the ship sunk... And then they have to be picked up.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Heres what i think should happen.

Either 1:

The Captain has a limited amount of time to reach the base. If he dies then he will respawn but takes twice as long to respawn his ship.

2:

The Captain must reach shore. Every 10 seconds he must rest (stun) for 2 seconds to catch his breath. When he reaches shore then a boat will be avaliable for him to control at the Main harbour (say Pick-up boat). He then has to go inside it and back to the harbour.

3:

Same as above, instead it takes 20 seconds to build a wooden raft and then sails to the Harbour. He is either...
Invulnerable - So no Camping.
Vulnerable - More Realism.

4:

He just respawns like every old Battleship map.

5:

He has a special "whistle" that calls upon a Kraken Tentacle to throw the captain into the Harbour.

These are my ideas. Have fun with them :D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I don' t know will we consider your suggestions Monsterous.

But I have finished QuickScore background fade filter, it took me time and I' m not pro at all but best what I could do:

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
I hope it isn' t final version of it because I' m going ot try make better one. This is for now (So we would have something). What means kewl ?

EDIT: We soon might get a very good custom loading screen for our map, check out actual thread itself (I post direct link to that post.): http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=485582&postcount=41

D

DemonOfNight

Its really nice, just tell him to change the name to battle ship new are and add me and serra to the (present thingy). Btw, the map is doing good, i finished all the first wepons of the first shop, create a trigger to upgrade wepons (upgrade, not combine) and you will be able to change it in jass and adapt(do i spell it correctly) so every item i want to be upgreadable (like lazers ''they are in the first shop'') vice versa, tell me soon what u think ! Btw, i think kewl = cool (same prounontiation ''any spelling mistake??'') for quick score, its really nice but it will be (Pirate/Alliance)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> What's goin on?

Better tell me, you got the map from me last time. I' m waiting answer from someone about my texture question in WEHZ. If I get it I do new fade filter what looks like multiboard.
DoN is missing again I think. Rofl, thats really original to ask whats going on when you got the map.
Everything moves so slowly, I can' t get answer to my question and argh... they ask so stupid questions or request in WEHZ that I can' t stay calm. Specially I hate these kind of posts where they say "Zomg, help me !" and answer can be found with search function, I would ban them.
I start to get evil, I know.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
zomg! help me! I have given the map to DoN, now he is missing RAHHH
DoN(loooong afk :( ) said:
wow, looks like you guys added tons of things to the map but i would like to have it now to add things (after all, i am the creator) i would like to improve things (creeps ''name-icon-model-attack-def-viceversa) dont worry, i will not change that much things... plz be fast. I will give it to serra after because he was the last to have it !

D

DemonOfNight

you guys still think im always afk but i finished around 24 weps, 5 upgrades and 1 ability. Those 2 last days, i think the forum was blocked by my internet so i couldnt enter the forum! Btw, when i say upgrading, i mean (from sword 1 to sword 2) like (1: +10 atk and +2 def /to 2: +15 atk and +5 def). Im finished soon, continue to improve things that you can do without the map, like jass!

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> continue to improve things that you can do without the map, like jass!

Of course, we got now top ship fade filter for QuickScore (I didn' t idle too ! Worked hard to learn The Gimp and creation of custom fade filters by trial and error.):
quickscorefinalfadefiltum8.jpg

Good to hear that you have managed to add new items.

D

DemonOfNight

yeah... about that, i will give the map in like 1 week, i have things to fix with the items!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.