Battle Ship Xtrm

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> I opened all ports.

Does your ISP allow port opening at first place ? If it dosn' t you can' t open them in any way only opened port of you should be then IRC port - 113, if you can open your ports check again tutorials how to do it and allow game through firewalls. Maybe you have to do port forwarding for your router if you got one ?
I can host but I' m in Europe server and I have low connection with old PC.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> I opened all ports.

Does your ISP allow port opening at first place ? If it dosn' t you can' t open them in any way only opened port of you should be then IRC port - 113, if you can open your ports check again tutorials how to do it and allow game through firewalls. Maybe you have to do port forwarding for your router if you got one ?
I can host but I' m in Europe server and I have low connection with old PC.

Lol do you think I were not in european server when I am german -.-
And my router is completely open -.-
AFAICT my ISP allwos all ports open, check it l8r i might
As I told you , I opened all the WC3 ports...

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> I am german -.-

I check forum users profile rarely, you aren' t one of them. Btw lets try not to go off-topic. There is forum meant for that kind of technical problems.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> I am german -.-

I check forum users profile rarely, you wan' t one of them. Btw lets try not to go off-topic. There is forum meant for that kind of technical problems.

hey I dont have this in my profile^^
I just posted it tiwce here, and my mail-address ends with .de^^

could you host some map(not dotA plz..)?
and wich is your name ingame?
mine is... SerraAvenger xD

EDIT:
I know that you are reading this right now and hope you are typing a meage...

D

DemonOfNight

ohhh... i am really sorry for the link thing but i didnt got time... its good that you changed it to your old version cause mine was not better! just let me see the map now and i will aprove what youve done i will try to read the last 3 pages to understand what you are talking about and then i will start to continue the map with you guys in like 2 weeks (including this one)!

F

FurryMoogle

Its great but as the guy above me... there sure is a lot of reading to do >.>

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Ok, time to do little progress report:

So far done:
  • Terrain ~ 90 % (Needs tweaks in some places and smoothness too.)
  • AI ships movement between lines is done.
  • Alliance settings are set up for all players.
  • 12 human players full support.
  • Dialog for choosing game speed is done (Additionaly I plan to give host oppurtunity to choose will he/ she allow others to vote too.).
  • Game speed means in which interval AI ships will be created (Works with AI ship movment fully.).
  • Docks are working for both teams and now you don' t have to use anymore chat commands to leave from Dock. You use user intercase buttons instead.
  • Both base main buildings are placed with Main harbours.
  • Some weapons are done and added to shops.
  • Added Convert Phoenix Fire Damage System by Sooda (Allows advanced use of Phoenix Fire Ability). Weapons now have attack type bonuses.

All triggering is done so far in optimized JASS (Means there isn' t lag from triggers in game for example when new AI ships are created.), terrain has inaf doodads to not cause lag for older PCs.

Things what are going to be added:
  • Buying ship parts to create your own custom ship or choose from pre-made ships in stock.
  • Crew will be added to game what enables you to carry crew with your ship on see for better bonuses.
  • Revive/ spree triggers or etc what needs to be added.

It' s round up of almost more than 16 pages of this thread and we got soon 3000 thread views ! Thanks all who are browsing our project thread. In some pages there are full list of armor types and ships.

So I have finished and implemented new "Repair" triggers what works fine for both teams.

EDIT: I have worked with Phoenix Fire Converting System and re-made most of it. It has now damage queue and weapon type option (If needed), can do damage in AoE also.
If someone wants map badly tell me I will send it. I can' t consentrate my work on map for next week because I have much to do.

EDIT2: Ok, I added system to map and also detailed README how to use it. Now someone of you should start to make weapons (items with Phoenix Fire abilities.). Am I alone here ?

EDIT3: I (we) need some sentenses and sounds what would be displayed and played when someones ship is destroyed, anybody have ideas for streaks/ sprees in form of BattleShips ? All can post your ideas.

For example when you sunk 3 ships sound is played "Your the bloody Pirate !" or something like that.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> give it to me^^

Done.

EDIT: If you got something informative to say SerraAvenger then I' m waiting.

Omg - at the top of every trigger of your Triggers you posted "Trigger made by "Sooda"...

Humm...
What would you think of halfing cooldown instead of doubling the number of projectiles after merging?

And.... Ah yes... The center looked REALLY weird :mad: changed it now
And I added 2 monsters: the kraken and a tornado. The kraken kills ships easily whereas The tornado makes ships slower and has a immolation effect ...
The tornado cannot be killed, and the kraken is very difficult but gives more than 2000 gold^^

D

DemonOfNight

wow, looks like you guys added tons of things to the map but i would like to have it now to add things (after all, i am the creator) i would like to improve things (creeps ''name-icon-model-attack-def-viceversa) dont worry, i will not change that much things... plz be fast. I will give it to serra after because he was the last to have it ! :D

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Good to hear you bouth are back and working with it, these monster ideas are really good.

> Omg - at the top of every trigger of your Triggers you posted "Trigger made by "Sooda"...

Eh ? In your combiner function it is in function name SierraAvangerCombiner or something like that.
Anyway I think these things are deleted (comments) when we compress the map. It is right now because I had to write down all global variables what trigger uses. Added my name because of ... well I put effort into it much.
And well system is a system made by me :D

> The center looked REALLY weird

It was DoN work :D soon after 3 - 4 days I get more time to work with map. I plan to do multiboard or even one new way of displaying game stats, you press Esc key to display with text messages bouth teams scores, in my mind it looks good, I try see can it be done because there is limit of text lines displayed ~ 12, I hope there is more for 6 players + ~2 additional text messages for info.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
wow, looks like you guys added tons of things to the map but i would like to have it now to add things (after all, i am the creator) i would like to improve things (creeps ''name-icon-model-attack-def-viceversa) dont worry, i will not change that much things... plz be fast. I will give it to serra after because he was the last to have it ! :D

k, I havenot done that mcuh right now, I started yesterday...
But I will give you the map in 1 hour, k?
One of the monsters is finihed, the other one I will do afterwards.

And what do you think of the cooldown Idea?

EDIT: Right now sending :)

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> And what do you think of the cooldown Idea?

Generally you in theory buy additional weapon so it should fire two missiles. twice as fast would give same effect with fewer Object Editor data. I think if weapons dosn' t fire too fast (Below 0.0X) then it' s ok. Donnu I agree lets lower cooldowns and see will it lag or not.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> And what do you think of the cooldown Idea?

Generally you in theory buy additional weapon so it should fire two missiles. twice as fast would give same effect with fewer Object Editor data. I think if weapons dosn' t fire too fast (Below 0.0X) then it' s ok. Donnu I agree lets lower cooldowns and see will it lag or not.

I increased STRONGLY the cooldown of weapons (from 0.33 to 1.5 ... ). I think decreasing cooldown would be more logical and realistic (weapon 1 fires, and while it reloads, the second weapon wil fire, then the first will shoot again . . . )
But if you attack with two at a point, their missiles may all take the same way...
Doesn't look that nice, you only see one of the missiles... And If they take different ways, It looks very strange, espacially when their missile arc is to high and the enemy is to near ( even more with these huge rocks as missiles ... Aww :mad: )

Btw: add more cannon types, but not that many arrow crews! with one cannon available, but 5 arrowcrews... And I think "arrow cannons" are a bit ... unrealistic, won't you agree?

Greetings, Serra

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> But if you attack with two at a point, their missiles may all take the same way...

Then decreasing cooldown is way to go.

> add more cannon types

You mean DoN ? Object Editor isn' t under by job list (Though I' m good at it.).

> And I think "arrow cannons" are a bit ... unrealistic, won't you agree?

I don' t think so if they would be cheap and with low range then they are logical (Think about it.). You can' t shoot arrows too far with human strenght though if there are these "Glaive Throwers" they could shoot longer distances.

Arrow Crews should have small range and damage but with cheap prise (First into my head pops fire arrow crew and normal arrows. Can there be anymore ?)
Glave throwers could shoot faster (tepends on type) to longer distance with higher damage. They could not have missile arc otherwise they would be already catapults.

Add more cannons and consider my ideas. If you think there are too many arrow weapons take some boring ones out.

Void

Reaction score
Well... i think every battle ships that were made by good editors are always missing something!!! like the one who made crossfire (very good one by yhr way) got nice icons, nice game but the only thing that is low in his map is the upgrades. In Battle ship PRO, all is ok exept items (long cannon, laser, others). In Battle Ship X, the song choices are nice... the trigger are nicely made BUT everything else is nothing compare to the other version. Ice Wind is good but only for the ability!!! Me, i'm good with trigger, and nothing else. So i want 3 partners to make an extrm version of battle ship All the greatest map of bship in one!!! i want 1 partner that is good to import things(icons, models, song, others), i want one who is able to make triggers for COMBINING items, another one that is good to make map, and me, ill make all thoses things and the other interesting trigger, This will, for sure be an hard projects... i need, for the 3 partners, your e-mail adress to mail the map and if people would be nice and help me, because i dont want to make a map that looks like crap sh**...

thnx for all the persons who are going to help me!

*puts on deep radio-announcer voiceover and clears throat*
Extreme Spelling!

Ya d00d!!! :rolleyes:
Well, it's the idea that counts, looking forward to map (not really, but I'll rep you anyways when it comes out :D)

Arrow Crews should have small range and damage but with cheap prise (First into my head pops fire arrow crew and normal arrows. Can there be anymore ?)

Um-- Big...arrows?
ZOMG LAZER ARR0WZ!!111 :banghead:

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
@Void - lol

@our team -
> add more cannon types

You mean DoN ? Object Editor isn' t under by job list (Though I' m good at it.).
I mean something like mortar, howitze a.s.o.
> And I think "arrow cannons" are a bit ... unrealistic, won't you agree?

I don' t think so if they would be cheap and with low range then they are logical (Think about it.). You can' t shoot arrows too far with human strenght though if there are these "Glaive Throwers" they could shoot longer distances.

Think a bit more about it - you put some arrows in a cannon, add a propellant and - kawumm! - your arrows flie out of the cannon?
Here is an interactive video where such an arrow cannon appears, it is that big thing you have to use against the demon....
lol
Glave throwers could shoot faster (tepends on type) to longer distance with higher damage. They could not have missile arc otherwise they would be already catapults.

We have: fire ; poison ; multi
arrowcrews. Poison could poison ;) the target dealing damage over time
Fire is very good against wooden ships but no match for metallic...
And yet they need missile arc of 0.04 or omething like that, catapult would have 0.45
EDIT:
They have medium range, medium damage and low cooldown.
How about Harpooners?

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> How about Harpooners?

And what they do ? Hunt fish ? Hm... what they really do ? I had idea that you can shoot out harpoon if it hits enemy ship you can hold that ship in range for some time. It would be like Human ability Aerial Shackles only target can move shoot but not get out out of harpoon chain distance for some period. It would be good to force enemy fight with you or just chats fleeing enemies. It would require JASSing.

> Think a bit more about it

The default Night Elf melee unit what does bonus damage to buildings and damages units behind target - The Glaive Thrower, no cannons and arrows >.<
Huh now I remembered how it was called in english - balllista.

> Poison does duration damage.

If you really want it I have to tweak my system to enable duration damage. Poison should do damage only to organic units (Crew) ships should not take that damage but how does units inside transport get spells on them - not possible. Looks like poison arrows aren' t best choise. You don' t win ship battles with poison arrows, do you ?

EDIT: I had one idea as usual, what if we would change rewarding totally opposite ? You don' t gain gold for killing your oponents, you instead get bonuses like faster reviving, or even instant revives if you get many kills it like would give you secure back while keeping gameplay even without overpowering one team when other team has feeders/ beginners.
Maybe we should add reviving like World of Warcraft that after revive you have lower stats for some duration (reviving sickness), this only applies to captain (maybe to crew also). When you have many kills that revivng sickness is reduced or totally removed when revived. The rewards are like charges or gifts from "Kingdom" of your team. If you kill you get one of these bonuses if you have spree you get something better, if you die one gift is used (Or many tepends what these gifts can give you.). You collect them by killing enemy heroes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.