Other Battleships Antarctica project

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Dumping Retreat - ability
Description: Retreat! In times of danger and risk, a ship must sometime rid itself of its belongings. Sacrificing a percent of its health, it gains a temporary speed boost.
Health Decrease: -15% Current Health
Movement Speed: +50% MoveSpeed
Duration: 10 Seconds
Cooldown: 25 Seconds

Anyways, I g2g now. I'll have more tomorrow.

i gotta say thewrongvine, this is one of the best ability that reality can relate to. simply amazing. a very good idea. !

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Dumping Retreat - ability
Description: Retreat! In times of danger and risk, a ship must sometime rid itself of its belongings. Sacrificing a percent of its health, it gains a temporary speed boost.
Health Decrease: -15% Current Health
Movement Speed: +50% MoveSpeed
Duration: 10 Seconds
Cooldown: 25 Seconds

Anyways, I g2g now. I'll have more tomorrow.
What would happen if you used this at low hp. For example, 1 HP?

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Splitter - Item
Description: Divide your self into annoying little ships and be even more annoying! All split ships will deal the cannon damage with no reduction but if none of them survive, your ship will be sunk. Useful for escaping or for confusing the opponent.
Number of Splits: 5
Charges: 10
HP: Each ship has 1/5 of the split ship's HP.
Duration: 40 seconds
Cooldown: 2 minutes

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
If hp is under 15%, the skill won't be casteable I'ld say

i gotta say thewrongvine, this is one of the best ability that reality can relate to. simply amazing. a very good idea. !

I agree : D

it could be extremely usefull for escape just dart through a narrow gap with it on to try to stop attackers following. to work this way however it would need very high damage so as to scare attackers off

What with the stupid creeps? a spyship might then as well just lay that trace and use it as a kind of "firewall" - darting through a mass of creeps that are distracted with other targets, dealing massive damage and thus being the perfect farming skill... What would not be that spyship-like, aye?

I really like the idea, but I think it would be rather suitable for a fire elemental.

The deceiver reminds me a lot of my spyship ideas^^
Especially skill 2 and 3.
Skill 1 was intended only for traders ( the cannons multiply, too - resulting in an incredible amount of damage* ), and skill 4/5 are not allowed for spyships. They only have "+speed" and "flare" as base-skills.

*I might remove this by using my ItemSwitcher in combination with a dummy ability, creating a dummy copy that has no active weaponry - but I couldn't use weapon-deactivation skills then unless the mirrors weapons wouldn't even fire. Wouldn't be that bad, but it would make it easier to detect the false one.

Apart from that, what do you think of disabling the weapons when a unit turns invisible with certain abilities?
Especially the spy would profit a lot from these, as being invisible without weapons would also mean an absolute undetectability: In most BS maps, the weapon-fire reveal the presence and the exact position of a ship. I do not want to have that happen here - spyships are not meant to be fighters, they are meant to act stealthily.
Of course, that would make it necessary to implement a "reveal" skill that allows the ship to return to normal mode, also reactivating their skills.

Greetings, Serra

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, if you don't have enough health, then you can't cast Dumping Retreat. Think of it this way, if you have nothing to "dump", then you can't "dump" anything. :D

For the disabled weapons during invisiblity - that sounds good.
--- --- ---

Release Oars - Ability
Description: [passive] for better manuevering, the ship pulls out its oars, allowing it to move faster. When nearby enemy boats go near it, they take damage per second
MoveSpeed Bonus: +10%
AoE: 250
Damage Per Second: 20
Value: Medium - Heavy Ability

Grinder Cannon - Ability
Description: installs a grinder cannon that fires a grinder ball - 2 cannon balls chained together, perfect for destroying its sail and mass. When activated, it fires out a grinder cannon at a target unit, dealing massive damage per second and slowing it.
Range: 700
Casting Time: 1.5 Seconds
Damage Per Second: 50
MoveSpeed Decrease: -50%
Duration: 5 Seconds
Cooldown: 55 Seconds

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
Burning Rum Catapult - ability
Description - Rum, a serious necessity for the shipmates is also a very effective volatile burning substance..

Range : 650
Damage ? burning damage over time
duration 7.5 seconds.
Mana Cost: ?
Gold Cost per cast: well about something...

Target: Point Target

hmmm...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
lol, I like the rum thing - GOTTA HAVE RUM!

How about these stats:

Damage per Second: 40
Duration: 7.5 Seconds
Cooldown: 35 Seconds
Value: Medium

There's no mana I think.

giragesh

Reaction score
RE: dummy abilitys

I might remove this by using my ItemSwitcher in combination with a dummy ability, creating a dummy copy that has no active weaponry - but I couldn't use weapon-deactivation skills then unless the mirrors weapons wouldn't even fire. Wouldn't be that bad, but it would make it easier to detect the false one.

Apart from that, what do you think of disabling the weapons when a unit turns invisible with certain abilities?
Especially the spy would profit a lot from these, as being invisible without weapons would also mean an absolute undetectability: In most BS maps, the weapon-fire reveal the presence and the exact position of a ship. I do not want to have that happen here - spyships are not meant to be fighters, they are meant to act stealthily.

in response to the above i would suggest it would be a good idea to create dummy abilitys. Not only would your spy ships be undetectable also it would allow a whole new class of spells that disable attacks

would a silence work to stop phonix fire?
Of course, that would make it necessary to implement a "reveal" skill that allows the ship to return to normal mode, also reactivating their skills.

only on permanent invisibility style skills. Any others and you can use a hidden timer.

What with the stupid creeps? a spyship might then as well just lay that trace and use it as a kind of "firewall" - darting through a mass of creeps that are distracted with other targets, dealing massive damage and thus being the perfect farming skill... What would not be that spyship-like, aye?

I really like the idea, but I think it would be rather suitable for a fire elemental.

aggreed this skill would be better for a fire elemental ( ^ i didnt think of that:))

engineer, spyship or counter intel skill

Sea Mines

the ship lays down a carpet of mines behind it which blow on contact doing minor damage and a .50 stun

the strength of this skill is not high power mines but rather the ability to set down a LOT of them almost no damage is good its mainly to interfere with enemies ability to manouvre (move and get stunned)

example you know the location of a forward opperation base so you heavily mine the entry to it. when a fleeing ship comes roaring in for repairs it runs into your mine field getting repeditivley stunned and allowing you to finish it off.

also good for escape

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score

It's current health. So if your HP was at 1, 15% of 1 isn't calculated as an integer and you wouldn't lose health. If your HP was at 100, you would lose 15 HP.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well, we already answered that. :D But that's a good point.

Current Generator - Item
Description: a ship may be fast... but against the current? This device, installed at the bottom of the mass, can create massive currents that flow to a target point, dealing slight damage each wave and slowing on contact. Channeled - lasts up to 15 seconds.
Damage per Wave: 10
MoveSpeed Decrease: -15%
MSDecrease Duration: 3 Seconds; Stacking-Yes
Waves per Second: 3
Base: Stampede or Triggered Skill to Fire Waves in a Cone Out
Value: Medium

--- --- ---

I don't know if silence works with Phoenix Fire... do passives get silenced?

Serra, what else do you need? Do you still need item/ability ideas?

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
would a silence work to stop phonix fire?
nope.
only on permanent invisibility style skills. Any others and you can use a hidden timer.

hm...
Yeah
engineer, spyship or counter intel skill

Sea Mines

the ship lays down a carpet of mines behind it which blow on contact doing minor damage and a .50 stun

the strength of this skill is not high power mines but rather the ability to set down a LOT of them almost no damage is good its mainly to interfere with enemies ability to manouvre (move and get stunned)

example you know the location of a forward opperation base so you heavily mine the entry to it. when a fleeing ship comes roaring in for repairs it runs into your mine field getting repeditivley stunned and allowing you to finish it off.

also good for escape

definetly spyship : )
i <3 it :D

giragesh

Reaction score
Quote:

hm...
Yeah

lol oops sorry for stating the obvious:eek:

throw putrid carcass

throws a carcass at an area any ships within the area take damage and are slowed for 15 sec also any ships that get within a 400 aoe of an infected ship also get infected

PureOwnage

Reaction score
Ramming Hull - Item or Ability
Description: Take the enemy head on for massive damage dealing attack for a price of your HP. Knocks back the targeted ship.
HP Loss: 600
HP Dealt: 2100
Cooldown: 2 mins
Notes: Should be for a tank ship.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Carcass
I don't really like this.

Description: Take the enemy head on for massive damage dealing attack for a price of your HP. Knocks back the targeted ship.

Aye this skill will be implemented. Has also been mentioned before, I believe:
[...]
ship idea

Viking longship

class Average all round ship with slightly more speed than normal

unique skills:

RAM - must be very near to opponent has damaged hull buff, also stuns. stun goes up every level
[...]

But I love this version more, with own damage and such.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
> Carcass
I don't really like this.

Aye this skill will be implemented. Has also been mentioned before, I believe:
[...]
ship idea

Viking longship

class Average all round ship with slightly more speed than normal

unique skills:

RAM - must be very near to opponent has damaged hull buff, also stuns. stun goes up every level
[...]

But I love this version more, with own damage and such.

EDIT:

Btw, I have thought of that "dimension switch" sort of thing.

I came up with the following:

There are a few "dimension" portals all over the world, that allow for dimension swapping
The second dimension might be just a huge, black sea with nothing but mists and these dimension portals on it
Some ships have the ability to create (timed) portals on their own
In the parallel universe, all ships are a lot faster (about +100%)
However, for swapping you need a "portal key" that is quite expensive.

The second dimension is exactly as huge as the primary one, and if you enter a portal you are transfered to the point with the same coordinates in the other dimension. Creating a portal for leaving the dimension might be quite dangerous - what if you are transferred into the enemy's base? Or on some piece of land?

I'll check wether my map is tiny enough to support a doubled size, and I#ld really like to have some feedback on this idea.

I have 2 options:
- Simply use a "hide unit" triggering, but no real dimension swap
( the terrain will stay the same, but the unit will be invisible for players in different dimensions
- Teleport the unit into some part of the map that is not accesible on a normal way, so that only by swapping dimensions a unit may enter the part of the map

additional options are welcomed

Note:

I won't be here next week, so don't expect post by me.

Thanks for your support, Davey

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Funny (imba) idea : every weapon use an ammunition. When the specific ammunition on your ship is finished, the weapon will stop firing. You must go back to your base to replenish it; and alo there's items to increase the max amount of a specific ammunition.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
He's not here for the week as he said. :p

Can you detect Phoenix Fire? I mean for the ammunition thing, lol.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
You can, by checking every periodic thing, if there's some unit around then reduce 1 ammunition.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.