Discussion Best/Favourite Guitarist?

Whos your favourite guitarist?

• Total voters

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Who is your favourite guitarist? Please post why or if you pick other, say who it is and what band he belongs, songs hes made etc.

Personally my favourite is allen collin From the band Lynyrd Skynyrd
(freebird, sweet home alabama, call me the wind, saturday night special, that's how i like it) are my favourite ones of theirs, but they are all great.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Joe Satriani, of course. He isn't in a band, but is an individual artist, and most songs are just incredible guitar solos. See "Surfing with the Alien", "Summer Song", "Clouds Race Across the Sky" and pretty much anything by him for a great example of his awesomeness :)

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
John Petrucci

Satriani's solos are very.... spastic. While he is a good player, his solos tend do be lacking melodicly. When he does free improv it sounds pretty unstructured and like he's just playing as fast as possible, not caring if it sounds good or not. Petrucci plays very well, and his improvizations are very pleasent and musical.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Daron Malkian of System of a Down, he's not necessarily the best but his style is awesome and their songs are always very coordinated and perfectly in tune, even with time signatures and all that good stuff.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Buckethead - In no way am I stating that Buckethead is the best, but he is by far my favourite ;P.

Most people here will probably recognize Buckethead for his song 'Jordan' which was featured in GH2, Buckethead has written songs in so many different genres, my favourite song by Buckethead would be 'Nottingham Lace', a longer, more diverse take on Jordan.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
How could you exclude John Frusciante RHCP's own musical genius as well as my personal favorite guitarist? :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Alexi Laiho and Mikael Akerfeldt.

Their guitar solos and riffs make me feel so amazing. :D

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
I'd have to agree with John Petrucci. He is incredible! 2 amazing solos by him are the fast (although the other is awesome) of the 2 solos on Erotomania and the one on Under a Glass Moon. Other than that, Jimi Hendrix and Tony MacAlpine - 2 "brothas" who can seriously shred. :D

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Frank Iero - MCR. MCR cover are some of the best ever

isn't it Frank that sucks on guitar? :p I know one of the guitarists is great, but the other one's worse than I am.

my favourites are the guitarists from the 69 eyes, they're very far from the best guitarists, but they play very, very well

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I admit that my Petrucci-gasm is partially fromt the fact he dropped out of Berkely after a year and a half.

EDIT- listening to liquid tension experiment right now.... Awesome stuff.

Zakyath

Reaction score
he's a guitarist. the instrument is called "Bass guitar".

btw, I had forgotten Tim Sköld; he's pretty damn great.

ZeroThirteen

Reaction score
no i didnt.

Nice one. Owned! :p

It's Li, not Lee, and his writing style is repetative and only hard on Guitar Hero. Actually, the song isn't hard. It's the intro that's difficult to play, and that's on keyboards. He overuses the Digiwham and everything he does sounds screwed up and show-offy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.