Minigame BladeMastaz

PiCkstix

Reaction score
BladeMastaz
by PiCk

Current Version: v1.04 BETA

Gameplay: Move your BladeMasta around the map with the keyboard arrow keys while trying to kill other players. The BladeMasta basically slides along the ground. Use [A] to attack with your sword.
(The BladeMasta also has spells such as Blink, Healing Ward and Mana Ward (*Need more ability ideas!!))

Players: A free-for-all deathmatch kill-em game (made that up :p). In the beginning player 1 (red) sets the kill amount, and the game begins! 12 players (1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1v1)

Improving BladeMasta: As you level, obviously, your hero will strengthen (being it HP, Armour etc). As this happens, you will become much harder to kill. I will add a better upgrading system as I improve the map.

Screenshots:

15x7j35.jpg

1zppk40.jpg

jjmx3d.jpg

f20eio.jpg

2ltjz21.jpg

Changelog:
v1.00b:
• Improved slide speed
• Improved turn rate
• Increased damage
• Created crit (Agi*10 + Str*5)
• Added Blink ability

v1.01:
• Smoothened slide system yet again.
• Edited crit and damage (Agi*5.5 + Str*5 and Agi*5.5)
• Created killing spree system
• Added Hex ability
• Increased slide speed interval by 5

v1.02a (Since this morning):
• Recoded kill system
• Added killingspree and killing floating texts
• Added killing spree effects
• Added Healing Ward ability (decreased lasting time by 10 seconds)
• Created multiboard
• Coded kill amount system properly

v1.03 BETA:
• Fixed Healing Ward bug
• Fixed Multiboard refresh delay
• Added effects/other to death
• Attempted to improve arrow keys system
• Fixed Attack and Blink interferance bug
• Began attack combo system
• Increased Healing Ward healing from 2% to 6%.
• Decreased Attack cooldown by .4

Massive Update (to v1.04b):
• Made Healing Ward vulnerable
• Added Mana ward
• Made Mana ward only restoring allies
• Added Ward-killing triggers
• Added Item kill system
• Changed Mana Ward and Healing Ward HP to 300
• Added Item kill system tooltips (edited)
• Increased range of Blink to maximum
• Increased attack cooldown by .05 to fix conflict with call RemoveLocation
RELEASE: Today, June 18 (GMT +2)

Other: Movement has been smoothened and attack speed has been decreased to improve "realisticality".
I am happy to say that I have made an item killing system which has 3 items which represent your kills / deaths and your killing spree. This I find to be very useful, where the multiboard is used to show all players. Movement with mouse is finally disabled due to noobs overusing it after being told NOT to. I am also very happy to say that, yessir, this map is getting somewhere.

What I need: I need ONE more ability for the BladeMasta which serves as his ulti (thinking of some BOOOOM ability :D). I need a host for the Twilight War3ZA server (highly doubt anyone here plays on SA servers...)

Adios,
PiCk

PS: My third gonna-be-completed project (WOOT!)

Attached: NEWEST BETA TEST MAP, PLEASE DOWNLOAD AND POST BUGS, AND GIVE FEEDBACK, THANK YOU
Current EpicWar Version: BladeMastaz v1.07B pro.

Attachments

• BladeMastaz v1.04B pro.w3x
    39.6 KB · Views: 259

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
lol.. sweet name, sounds cool. I just dont like arrow key movement. Often its too slobby, or too laggy. But the map sounds cool. And i love the idea of a BOOOM ulti :D. But why havent you uploaded a version yet?

PiCkstix

Reaction score
I still have to perfect the map to its best. I will upload it today (v1.02a) for you to test and give feedback.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So i tried the map on singleplayer. Its a sweet map i must say and espacially the controls. They aren't slobby. and i see you tried to make an AI system :p didnt work out perfect i presume ^^

Positive things:
Controls.
Killing spree system!
Attack System.

Things that you should look on:
The spells requires that you stand still while using. That can get annoying if you are in the middle of a epic fight.
Healing ward didnt seem to heal 2% hitpoints >_>, seems like it didnt heal at all.
More spells.
Reduce HP on blademastahz.

But anyways. A great game, it was kindda funny sliding around and attacking even if it was singleplayer. Im looking forward for new version ^^

PiCkstix

Reaction score
Things that you should look on:
The spells requires that you stand still while using. That can get annoying if you are in the middle of a epic fight.
Healing ward didnt seem to heal 2% hitpoints >_>, seems like it didnt heal at all.
More spells.
Reduce HP on blademastahz.

All fixed.

As for the Healing Ward: I know, I played it 3 times today and all the times it kept bugging everybody.

As for Blink and Hex: I think I will make these automatic (for Blink, it will blink to a random point around him and for Hex, it will Hex the nearest unit.)

Thanks for the feedback, now for some more. :D

PS: STILL working on v1.03b, as I said, it will be ready in 24 hours (now, 21 hours).

EDIT: Haha, I just made their names [AI] if they were computer controlled. ^^ It doesn't mean anything.
@BladeMasta HP: Will be looking into that now.

Any more feedback?

PiCkstix

Reaction score
It's 6:44am where I am now, so here we go:

• Updated Changelog (please give it a good look at)
• Improved map in the past 2 days by almost 200%
• Current rating of playability by other players: 7.5/10 (need to improve on that, the main reason it was reasonably low was because people wanted to play Dota :()

EDIT: ADDED SCREENSHOTS!!!!!

PiCkstix

Reaction score
For the boring people, yes.

For the fun people, no.

Boring people being people that ONLY play DotA.

Fun people being people that like to experiment and have fun and not get all uptight and angry 'cause their hero got pwnd.

So ye, there's your speech, now bring back some useful feedback. :D

I am busy editing the map as I type this and will be fixing bugs from 1.04 to push the version up to 1.05A.

At the moment I need some feedback and suggestions.

Oh and btw, this is like Pudge Wars, people play it when they feel like a good, fun and timeconsuming minigame. I am comfortable with admitting that this map won't be overplayed and overpopular, but I hope, over time, this will become a well-known minigame to play in your spare time.

Nexor

Reaction score
U should make something at the walls, because I could move faster if I moved towards the wall. Use some check if there is wall, with terrain level.
BTW a very good minigame :)
GJ

PiCkstix

Reaction score
@Nexor

Hmmm, yes it does seem to do that. Only a problem for noobs though. A noob-trap shall we say?

Thanks for that.

TurboJyri

Reaction score
For the boring people, yes.

For the fun people, no.

Boring people being people that ONLY play DotA.

Fun people being people that like to experiment and have fun and not get all uptight and angry 'cause their hero got pwnd.

So ye, there's your speech, now bring back some useful feedback. :D

I am busy editing the map as I type this and will be fixing bugs from 1.04 to push the version up to 1.05A.

At the moment I need some feedback and suggestions.

Oh and btw, this is like Pudge Wars, people play it when they feel like a good, fun and timeconsuming minigame. I am comfortable with admitting that this map won't be overplayed and overpopular, but I hope, over time, this will become a well-known minigame to play in your spare time.

Your comment is total BULLSHIT!

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
I tested it out, I think it would get boring pretty fast too. Its simple and not all that fun. Its OK, but it would get boring pretty soon. I don't play dota at all, either. The spells arent interesting, other then that its just moving and attacking with arrow keys and stuff, Not really all that interesting. Good for a minigame though.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
It opened up an infinite loop and crashed wc3. That's the last I played of it.

PiCkstix

Reaction score
It opened up an infinite loop and crashed wc3. That's the last I played of it.

Wasn't an infinite loop, it was a bug which I fixed. You probably got it from spamming attack... or if you attacked at the exact time somebody else attacked.

>Your comment is total BULLSHIT!

=O, and why is that? If you ONLY, ONLY play DotA!

>get boring pretty fast too.

Thanks.

_________________​
A true man will get back on his feet after defeat and try again.
A true noob will say, “y0 dat waz phail!”.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
~_~ not quite.
Make it'll stop slide after a few seconds after you release the up key
I can move or patrol around when it stopped sliding
Blink can't be used in some occasions.

Fix those!
GL.

PiCkstix

Reaction score
~_~ not quite.
Make it'll stop slide after a few seconds after you release the up key
I can move or patrol around when it stopped sliding
Blink can't be used in some occasions.

Fix those!
GL.

That's what I'm looking for! Thanks.

>Make it'll stop slide after a few seconds after you release the up key
This will increase the delay online >.<

>I can move or patrol around when it stopped sliding
Fixed that bug in v1.05A (will release soon)

>Blink can't be used in some occasions
I kinda kept it like that so that it requires skill... You can't blink while you are sliding, that's why.

I will fix these when I get time and post the new map ASAP.

_________________​
A true man will get back on his feet after defeat and try again.
A true noob will say, “y0 dat waz phail!”.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.