BlizzVault

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Romek, anything is better then nothing.
That's what I said.

> Furthermore, You haven't been in the vault for ages so you don't get to to vote.
Vote? What?
On a somewhat related note, I've done more for that site than you've ever done for anything. When I joined, there were about 10 members, though the idiotism of some of the high-ranked members was making me insane, and hence I left.

> Oh, did I mention that BlizzVault has some interesting contests ?
Excluding the ones I hosted myself or helped host, they've had a spell contest, an icon contest and a minigame contest.
Fantastic.

What beats me is the point in this thread.
Saying "Come and join my site, it's small" is contradictory. If you're getting people to join, then the site will get bigger. I feel that you're saying that because there isn't much else to say at all.
If you like the site small, then why are you trying to make it grow?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
>Excluding the ones I hosted myself or helped host, they've had a spell contest, an icon contest and a minigame contest.
Fantastic.

Indeed. In the mini game contest I found a dear friend (Dr.Evil) and son after it I found out my mapping partner(well one of them)
>On a somewhat related note, I've done more for that site than you've ever done for anything.

Well I have a couple of texture resources here I beleave. you know me just on this and one other site.

You might be contributing, but I am not saying I am contributing more. I am a mapper. I make maps and help people with their maps.

>hough the idiotism of some of the high-ranked members was making me insane, and hence I left.

And I care because ???

>If you like the site small, then why are you trying to make it grow?
Are you sure you are not trying to turn this thread into a flame fest ?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Indeed. In the mini game contest I found a dear friend (Dr.Evil) and son after it I found out my mapping partner(well one of them)
Hmm.. Ok. o_O

> Are you sure you are not trying to turn this thread into a flame fest ?
Yes, I'm sure. (How is that reply related to the quote above it?)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
clearly you are trying to give this site a bad name, and you aren't stopping, quite the contrary, you are making a paradox from his words on purpose and are spiting negativity all over the thread.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> you are making a paradox from his words
I'm questioning the purpose of this thread.

You're making a huge fuss over misunderstanding an insignificant thing.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
From reading this thread it seems that Bloodcount is the one that is aggrovating the matter.

Romek is simply stating points and he simply stated that Trigger is promoting a small community, so why would he want to advertise it?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Give it a rest people... if people want to visit the site, they will. If they don't, they won't. Simple as that

Oh, did I mention that BlizzVault has some interesting contests ?
I suggest you read up on subjectivity. Just because you feel that BlizzVault contests are interesting (or are implying that TH contests aren't interesting), that doesn't mean that others share the same opinion.

We actually have some quality map reviewers.
Nobody ever claimed that TH had map reviewers. The Member's Projects section is an area for people to try and promote their maps. It is not up to the staff (or any other select member) to give the map a back-of-the-book summary and say whether it's good or not. It's all the players who play the map that determine if it is good (or otherwise), not one single person. If someone thinks a map looks fun, they will play it. Nobody should need someone else to pick out what they should play...

I, for one, would much prefer contributions like those of Zack1996 (first person that springs to mind). He gives (good) feedback on maps and provides idea to help better the map, all in one go. Why should we need a specific map reviewer when we can have users like Zack who play the map to give 'em a whirl and have some fun, then let the author know what they thought.

Reaction score
Nobody ever claimed that TH had map reviewers. The Member's Projects section is an area for people to try and promote their maps. It is not up to the staff (or any other select member) to give the map a back-of-the-book summary and say whether it's good or not. It's all the players who play the map that determine if it is good (or otherwise), not one single person. If someone thinks a map looks fun, they will play it. Nobody should need someone else to pick out what they should play...

Exactly? We also have a members projects area, but the maps section is to submit your maps to our database, not just show them off.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly? We also have a members projects area, but the maps section is to submit your maps to our database, not just show them off.

We also have a map database, but it is a different section.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
TriggerHappy, this is directed at you, and has been asked many times (not just by myself):

What beats me is the point in this thread.
Saying "Come and join my site, it's small" is contradictory. If you're getting people to join, then the site will get bigger. I feel that you're saying that because there isn't much else to say at all.
If you like the site small, then why are you trying to make it grow?

You've yet to reply.

Reaction score
I'm just going to say this, if you think the site is interesting and you like improving smaller communities, than come join.

If not, don't join and don't ask why should I join.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to say this, if you think the site is interesting and you like improving smaller communities, than come join.

If not, don't join and don't ask why should I join.

You don't improve a small community by making more people join.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I kind of feel that Clan Mapz or the Blizz Vault is just a copy of what has already been done. Besides being "small" which won't last long if you want your forum to survive and grow. It really lacks anything special, you can just go to The Helper or The Hive or the other hundreds of already set up sites for the same services, faster and in larger quantities.

My question really is, what does your site offer really that isn't different from here or the Hive?

BTW - I feel the theme doesn't say Vault...

KingZeus

Reaction score
I feel Trigger didn't really make his point that well. Yes BlizzVault is a small community and he wants it to grow but this advertisement will not change it from being a small community to a big community. Odds are this will bring a few people but not enough to change it to a big community it would take several hundred to do that so it will remain a small community.

What does it bring to the table though? As stated it has little to offer that could not be offered elsewhere. That is a reason for the advertisement to cause some growth in the community and add to what it could offer, a the moment all it offers is another place for people to see your map or resource allowing for a wider range of people and more feedback (it may be a smaller range addition and maybe one or two people giving feedback but every little bit helps).

Those are my thoughts at the moment, I might add to them later.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
First: In b4 lock (Someone had to do it)

Second: Bloodcount, quit it already. You're making Romek, who is simply questioning (which should be "legal" here, since it's a forum) the point of another, no offence Trigger, TheHelper/TheHive/WC3C copy, look like he's doing something wrong, which he isn't. He has his full right to ask Trigger these things, and just because you prefer [del]ClanMapz[/del] BlizzVault over TheHelper, maybe because it has "better mods", maybe because the mods here question you, you really can't say that TheHelper has less qualities than BlizzVault.

Also, I agree that what Romek is doing can be quite frustrating (the fact that he keeps owning you and gives you less and less answers :eek:), I tried it myself :rolleyes:

I really don't know if that made any sense, but I hope you'll squish some out of it ;)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
You don't improve a small community by making more people join.
Well, small can range from miniscule to just short of medium-sized so... :p You don't necessarily have to be at the large end of the spectrum to classify as small ^.^

First: In b4 lock (Someone had to do it)
Without any disrespect meant to TriggerHappy, I have to agree. This thread is going nowhere and, more than likely, will continue to do so. If you do not like the site, then leave it to it's own matters.
"If You Don't Have Anything Nice to Say, Don't Say Anything At All"
If you like the site, go visit it. Simple solutions are great

Second: Bloodcount, quit it already.
You're 2 days late on that point :p

He has his full right to ask Trigger these things, and just because you prefer ClanMapz BlizzVault over TheHelper, maybe because it has "better mods", maybe because the mods here question you, you really can't say that TheHelper has less qualities than BlizzVault
From TriggerHappy's posts, there is no mention of his site have better moderation. The only thing that would be anywhere close is the mention of map reviews (and that's just a different approach, which does not necessarily make it better to do things one way over another way)

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
My question really is, what does your site offer really that isn't different from here or the Hive?

There lies the problem. New (or small) sites almost always don't have anything special to offer to members, so the administration needs to advertise the site, so they can grow, so they can have something interesting for members.

Take HavenCraft (small Blizzard community) as an example. It's small, and other than having two clans, and quite a few maps, we don't really have anything special to offer to our members. So what do we do? We're advertising it everywhere we can. It's in one of the clans MOTD, in my signature for several sites, and set as my homepage on forums, so when people click it, they come to the site.

See the point I'm trying to make?

Small communities can't offer anything to new members, without having new members, so we need to get people interested in one way or another.

This thread definitely for me to register on the site, but whether I'll be active or not, I don't know.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
There lies the problem. New (or small) sites almost always don't have anything special to offer to members, so the administration needs to advertise the site, so they can grow, so they can have something interesting for members.

Take HavenCraft (small Blizzard community) as an example. It's small, and other than having two clans, and quite a few maps, we don't really have anything special to offer to our members. So what do we do? We're advertising it everywhere we can. It's in one of the clans MOTD, in my signature for several sites, and set as my homepage on forums, so when people click it, they come to the site.

See the point I'm trying to make?

Small communities can't offer anything to new members, without having new members, so we need to get people interested in one way or another.

This thread definitely for me to register on the site, but whether I'll be active or not, I don't know.

Lyrea your just proving my point.
Yes Advertising is important, but why should people come to your site? You can't offer anything different than what massive super power sites already have.

I am not attacking the BlizzVault this me telling them they have to become more original, work harder and develop their own systems and ideas for their forum if they want to grow. So that your site is more than just a mere copy of what has already been done multiple times and more people will actually be interested to join your site.

You don't need a massive horde of members to create something great!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.