Offense Bullet Hell Project

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Sorry that I haven't responded much here before; now that I look at the video, it looks sick. :D

I'll try it out.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
btw, most likely after the next version of this, ill take a break from this map to work on another map (the next update will be small, itll include a fix for boss #5 (laser) and a upgrades feature, where you can level your main attack for a set ammount of time)

i plan on working on my turtle experiment again, going to try to convert that game back to the game it was ment to be, one of naval warfare and upgrades, rather then multiple weapon purcheses... so yea... lol

then again, i want to make a Atb styled Rpg that feats a Attack / Defense Dice system, like DnD where your attack dice is compaired to their def dice and you deal damage on what the two of you roll.
the system in question would go something like this
Attacker Rolls
Defender rolls
The rolled # for attacker is then subtracted by the rolled # of defender (this will be the damage dealt)
The defender rolls an evasion roll
if evasion roll is greater then the damage that is suppost to be delt, then no damage is done
if evasion roll is equal to or less then the damage roll, then the damage goes though
Then the attacker rolls again if he has any on attack status effects

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
ill resease the Open Source after all the effecency triggers and the final version are done, then ill leave it to you guys to make new bosses and weapons and systems for it

itll be up to you to mod, but plz include my name for the og version

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Aw, I sucked. :eek: Couldn't beat that phoenix dude. :)

But it was pretty cool. Though it's like those spam/button-mash games, it reminds us of those classic ones. :thup:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
This is pwetty kewl :3
Tell me, did you code this in Jass/vJass?
Because, usually you shouldn't get majour Laggs, even if you mass the bullets.
Btw, I'll try this out tonight, so update this game xD

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
its done fully in gui lol

the update jsut came out yesterday @.@ dont be so demanding T.T

I wouldn't call it demanding...
I just... How you say... Stimulate Your Motivation xD
Did you ever think of making this somehow Multiplayer Compattible? Like a Max. of 3 Players? Also, what about an Arrow Key movement System? Would give a somewhat "Space Invasion" feel (You know that Game with the weird Pixels, that should be Aliens?).

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
it IS multiplayer compatable, up to 5 players -_-

Arrow keys lagg, im still trying to figure out a way to fix that, i dont want people complaining about how their movements are delayed a few seconds cuz of how laggy the triggers are for the arrow key events

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
really? (desync as in server splits?) did multiple people drop at the same time? or did they just leave one by one?

cuz when i tested this multiplayer, noone dropped or anything

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tried it in multiplayer yesterday and it was fine.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
for the people who downloaded my open source, plz attach it here, i am reformmating my hardrive cuz of some virus attack my bro got me T.T

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
thats bad... +bad i only downloaded your optimized, maybe its in your attachement files box?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
well then.. i guess this just means a fresh new start on a fresh new map useing the same tileset and gameplay

remember that version thats suppost to ahve the pvp? ill post a thread once i get started on that, itll be a team based shooter

(all my notes for that game is written on a peice of paper so i wont 4get, everything that i found lacking in this game will be implimented in the next, things like Pvp, Upgrades, an actual use for exp other then make the bullets kill you faster (actauly that IS one of the upgrades lol)

Buuutttt... just cuz i cant keep my mouth shut about these kinds of things....

The new map would be called "Destroy the core" Modled after gradius's famous layer bosses (Which can be desroyed in less then a second with a lazer attack.... but thats another story)

You will be able to pick from 3 types of heros; core, offensive, defensive

from the offensive and defensive, they have the ability to pick their playstyle (their weapon type, where they are positoned... that kinda stuff) i plan on filling a 3x3 grid (9 heros) with that

Only the core can move freely, the other "parts" orbit the core
Offensive stays near the core, they have the raw attack that is needed to destroy the core
Defensive on the other hand protects the offensive weapons, doing do, they also effectively protect the core

The new gamepaly type is free roaming (mostly cuz wer dealing with orbits and circles now, i dont want the bottom or top half of the circle be wasted), your core will always face the opponent's core, so players will know where to shoot (And also to autoaim for the core, who can also shoot but at a much lower rate, the same is said with defensive))

by haveing this in, i have effectively merged modual based gameplay with my turtle experiment map and my bullet hell map all into one map (that isnt even that big)

and about the powerups i keep on promiseing you, the powerups in this version gives exp, which inturn powers up your part.

And yes... dont worry the polarity system will reappear along with some other systems

oh btw, itll be around two days before i get wc3 back form my friend T.T

demotry241

Reaction score
you formatted your pc already?,

well there is one open source i found v. 1. at epic war
UMM LOL... it was protected. after opening it triggers are gone xD

---------------------------
basically that map has alot of whispwheel... wait a sec.. is that.. protect the planet with a plane thingy this time multiplayer?

where your plane orbits the earth and protect it from evil aliens?

THATS GOOOD~

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actualy..... no

The core is your ship, i decided to upgrade it (or in this case downgrade it) to support external moduals (insired by my external harddrive which is my best freind because i backed up valkary profile and my memcard on it <3)

and yes there are alot... maby far too many whisp weels, but its all good, the rotations are determined by the players (8 differnt angles, but 360 shooting) (its 5 palyers per team, and 1 core per team so there will be 8 whisp weels running at most)

As for my comp, yes its formatted alredy, i have this thing that allows me to reset to factory everything (hd included) the whole thing took around 6 hours cuz i kept on getting compression errors <something was wrong with factory defults, the NT part of windows was compressed and since it was tryign to run windows i coudent decompress it so i was forced to restart) (then i finaly used a backup disk lol)

Btw, the map size is even smaller now, and my only explaniation is because of the two super strong polarized ships, they are forced to be within range of each other, this is a fight for freedom. How they even managed to get togeter? lets just say they launched togeter

demotry241

Reaction score
why do i feel like I played that game before.... a plane that has things spinning on it...... either it was nintendo.....

anyway. hahaha imagine 5 vs 5 all then all they're whispwheel using phoenix fire that fires at a rate of .3 seconds xD awesome!.

valkyrie profile is awesome.. 3 endings are awesome...everything is awesome. XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.