Can an admin change my name? Possible?

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If it is then can you change it to "n[o]oblet" (without quotes).
Thanks vm if u do...
(not really sure where this should be posted... sorry if this is the wrong place):D

Demi666

Reaction score
uberplayer asked admin to change his name to Rikim4ru he told me, they said no...

so i dont think they will change ur name:/

Oninuva

Reaction score
I believe you need a better reason. And changing names to start over for rep aint a reason :) Not saying you are.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
We do not do that.

Except for really minor changes like adding or removing an extra or so character, or changing the first letter to uppercase.

It's really just too confusing on long time members.
As in, who the heck is that guy? Never seen him but he has 500+ posts already...

n[u]ll

Reaction score
Well, its coz i release my maps under the name n[o]oblet. nll was my old account way back when i started making maps. Now that i have some friends visiting thehelper.net i want them to be able to easyily find me. Thats all.

Edit: Oh... KK Thanks anyways for responding.. quickly too. I see your point ^_^

Rad

Reaction score
make new account on th:p?

Can you? I remember trying when i first came here but it wouldnt let me because I already registered from that IP address. I might be thinking of another Vbulletin forum, though...

Looks the same as this and I still get them confused sometimes :p

But actually the other site I used changed their theme its red now

edit- actually they are using a new forum system not vbulletin, but yeah its red lol

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you have maps attached to this name I would not want to change it. The maps database is integrated somewhat into the forum as far as accounts are concerned and I am not sure if changing your name will orphan those maps or not. Plus, I set a rule a while back that there were no name changes allowed. So unfortunately its not going to happen. Sorry.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
um just wondering if you could have my name changed?
with a capital N?
Thx

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Since you have maps attached to this name I would not want to change it. The maps database is integrated somewhat into the forum as far as accounts are concerned and I am not sure if changing your name will orphan those maps or not. Plus, I set a rule a while back that there were no name changes allowed. So unfortunately its not going to happen. Sorry.

Can you not read? Even one letter difference (even the case of a letter) = name change.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Except for really minor changes like adding or removing an extra or so character, or changing the first letter to uppercase.

Can YOU not read, Mase? TH even gave permission during that thread. I don't know if he's changed that idea, since the new Map Display thing.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, TRUE!

But that change was before the new system to display maps was put together, Ace. You'd know better than I if it would screw anything up?

For those who are in the dark about what me and Ace are talking about:

Buy a flashlight.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> You'd know better than I

Yep.

Map display is additional functionality. Nothing else has changed. The forum still works the same way. As does the Tutorials site.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Then there's probably nothing wrong with adding/taking away a few letters, or changing the case of it in a name ^.^

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> i want them to be able to easyily find me
Well I guess you can go for earning a custom title (hint: sticky in this forum) and put w/e you want there for better recognition. Or just abuse the Location field.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Sometimes admins need to change offensive or misleading names. But yours isn't so, so unfortunately that's not going to happen.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.