Other Chaotica: A Card Game

Opining on the map!

• It's the greatest thing since sliced bread (to use a cliché), defenitly continue working on it.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sound interesting, but not blowing me out of my shoes.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Rather boring idea, not really interested.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm...you are beginning to interest me.Please PM-me with some details.That is if you need an extra hand.And by lane you mean somthing like- if you summon 1 monster card it will perioedicly summon monsters of this type and send them to destroy your oponent???

Btw i didn't quite get the rulles of the game so I cloudn't play it that often.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I said it wasn't going to be like a lane spawning game...:p

But you've given me an idea. So first you make your deck, then you enter the arena. The objective to win depends on the game type chosen. You can summon mana nodes, they will give you a type of mana depending on the terrain you summon them on. So for example ice gives blue mana, grass green mana etc...

You can then summon unit nodes that spawn creatures, you also have certain ability cards etc... Unit nodes have a certain amount of charges and they periodically spawn a creature of the corresponding type. Creatures only last for a certain amount of time, so no massing.

There will be various colour based spells and abilities.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well this is what i thought that your map will be in the first place.And why not make the spell cards like thay give soma dmgto the unit a passive, regen aura and so on.And do you need an extra hand?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
O.K., I did some thinking and I've decided to keep the turnbased aspect, but I'm going to completely overhaul the concept.

The new version is going to be a 8 player tournament type of map. Players are matched up in 1v1 duels. Whoever deal the most damage to it's opponent in a specified time, wins the duel. A number of rounds will be played and whoever scored the best will be deemed the winner.

The game itself will be more along the lines of Yu-Gi-Oh. Each player starts with 40 Heart Points. The objective is to deal the most damage to the opposing player or to kill him. Damage to Heart Points can be both dealt by Creatures and by Spells.

The Field consists of ten squares per player, 5 Creature Squares and 5 Relic Squares.

Each player can summon 1 Creature a turn. Powerful creatures will often have extra requirements to be summoned. Creatures can be summoned in three stances: aggressive, defensive or cloaked. Creatures can change their stance, but if they do so, they can't do anything else this turn.

You can attack with your Creatures. Only Creatures in aggressive stance can attack. If your opponent possesses no Creature, damage will be dealt directly to the opponent's Heart Points. If he possesses Creatures, you'll have to attack them first.

Combat has different results depending on the stances the creatures are in. First cloaked creatures are revealed and their stance is set to defensive. (Certain abilities fire when creatures are revealed from being cloaked.)

The fighting Creatures compare their relative power values: Creatures in defensive stance use their defensive power, creatures in aggressive stance use their aggressive power.

Combat has different outcomes: if two aggressive creatures battle, the creature with lower power is destroyed and it's owner takes damage equal to the difference in power.

If an aggressive and a defensive creature battle there are two possible results. If the aggressive creature wins, the defensive creature is destroyed but it's owner doesn't lose Heart Points. If the aggressive creatures loses, it isn't destroyed, but it's owner does lose Heart Points equal to the difference in power.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
and what is the difference between Y-Gi-Oh: The First Decade and youor map?Atleast take the ruules from The new Decade(have wached only the 1st episode and i must say that from the comments the new duels are outstanding so learn off of it)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
O.K., since I haven't got much time at my hands due to university, I've decided to continue working on the old version. A new tutorial for this version is almost completed...

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
O.k, I've taken a break from mapping due to uni. But now my first exams are done, and I'm considering reviving this project.
Here's the all new version I was working on, if the replies are positive, I'll probably continue working on it.

Comments much appreciated!

Attachments

• Chaotica New Version.w3x
    184.5 KB · Views: 287

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Here are the rules if that's putting you guys of from testing.

Code:
Chaotica: A New Horizon

Game Rules

The objective is to reduce the health of the opposing Deckmaster to zero. You win the instant 
this happens.

Card Types:

Creature: Creature Cards consist of two values: a Power value which determines it's offensive 
power and a toughness value, which determines it's defensive power. Creatures normally 
can't attack on the turn they are summoned.

Instants: Cards you can play at any moment.

Sorcery: Same as Instants, only you can't play them on your opponents turn. They are usually 
stronger than Instants. Most have special requirements you must fulfil in order to play them.

Enchantment: A card you play on a creature, it usually give it some bonus or penalty.

Aura: A card that when played effects the entire playing field.

Turn Sequence:

Who gets the first turn is chosen at random.

At the start of your turn, you draw one card if you have sufficient space in 
your inventory.

Then you can play all types of cards, including sorceries.

You can also order creatures to attack, this will move them forward in attack position,
the actual combat happens after you end your turn.

After you end your turn, combat is resolved. Your opponent can select creatures of his 
own to block your attacking creature. Each attacking creature can be blocked by any 
number of blockers.

After your opponent finishes assigning blockers, combat is resolved. Attackers will damage 
their blockers and vice versa. Unblocked creatures will attack the opposing Deckmaster. 
Creatures deal their power values in damage to each other when in combat.

Also some screenshots:

Buying Cards

f41df0b5851d1f58b9639086a62bc3af.jpg

Arena Entrances

b72441f0d28dfe78d773228bda84c05e.jpg

Deck Master Summoning

0ee7757e44d6a3c5d2f80db593d42646.jpg

Also, two gameplay movies:
Movie 1
Movie 2

Attachments

• Chaotica New Version.w3x
    184.5 KB · Views: 292

lindenkron

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
Ill give it a try and host it if you join the map and explain your ideas and how it works ;).
From the amount of cards and creatures, it looks like it is just a "proto type", is that correct? It reminds me abit of .. hmm.. thats that serie called .. Yo-gi-oh or something like that? Seems interresting... Give me a PM :)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Well, it is just a very very bare version of the map. I mainly just wanted to find out if there is interest in the map and it's worth starting on it again.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Awesome game =) At school at the moment and my computer's drivers have crashed again fixing them now. Derfore I'll give a better review later!

95blojoe

Reaction score
I'm currently working on a map I've been willing to work on for a long while. Basicaly, it's a turnbased card game along the lines of Magic: the Gathering or WOW Trading Card Game.

--------------------

-----Object of the Game-----

The object of the game is to kill the opposing deckmaster. The opposing deckmaster is protected by three shields. You'll have to take these down before you can attack the deckmaster.

-----Rounds/Turns

A round is each player taking a turn. So a round would consist of both player 1's and player 2's turn.

-----Resources-----

The basic resource is the deckmaster's mana, which is determined by the amount of essences you have in play. Essences are similar to lands in magic or quests in wow tcg. There's currently only one kind of essence. However, in the future all kinds of special essences will be added, each with different abilities and advantages.

Essences can only be played on your turn. You can only play one essence a round.

-----Creatures

Creatures of all sorts can be summoned by your deckmaster using your cards. Creatures can attack both the opposing deckmaster and opposing creatures. Certain creatures however have an ability called "blocker". The opposing deckmaster's shields, you'l have to kill these creatures first.

Creatures are determined by two values, health and attack. Whenever two creatures fight, they each deal their attack-value to the opposing creatures health. If a creature takes damage equal to its health, it dies. At the end of each turn, each creature regenerates its complete health.

Creatures can attack one per round, only in your turn. They can also choose, instead of attacking, to use a tap ability (Tap abilities can be played at any time, but only once a round.) Creatures can't attack on the round they are summoned.

Creature cards can only be played on your turn.

-----Creature Abilities-----

Blocker: the creature can block attacks directed at your shields.

Regenerate: when the creature is killed, a gravestone with 1 health spawns, if this gravestone survives till the begin of your next turn, the creature is revived.

Sneak: This creature can't be blocked.

Thief: Whenever this creature attacks a shield, you draw a card.

First Strike: When this creature attacks it deals damage first, only if it's target survives it's attack, does it take damage.

Wall: Walls can't attack.

Loot: Whenever a unit with loot attacks a shield, the owner of the shield discards a card.

Haste: This creature can attack on the turn it is summoned.

-----Instants-----

Instants are cards that can be played at any moment. They cause various effects ranging from drawing cards to dealing damage.

-----Enchantements-----

Enchantments are cards that improve or worsen a creatures ability. They can be played at any moment.

-----The Graveyard-----

Whenever a card exits play (creature is destroyed, instant played, etc...) it goes to the graveyard. Certain cards can return cards from the graveyard or interact with them.

--------------------

The basic system is complete, and currently four decks are available.

Also if you have any idea for decks or cards, just say them.

Dances with Dragons Deck

Wyrmfell Kobold (1/1 Blocker)
*Chillspawn Dragon (0/3 Blocker)
*Earthfury Dragon (2/2)
*Ragefire Dragon (3/1)
*Dracolich (5/5)
*Bogbrand Dragon Queen (1/4 Can summon Wyrmlings (1/1))
*Dragonspawn Channeler (1/1 Ability: deal 1 damage to target)
*Dragon Hoard: draw 2 cards
*Draconic Fury: target creature +2 attack, +1 health
*Ice Storm: deal 2 damage to target

The Dead have risen again! Deck

Drudge Skeleton (1/1 Regenerate)
*Grave Digger (2/3 When Gravedigger enters play, return one creature card from your graveyard to your hand.)
*Rambling Ghoul (2/2 Sneak)
*Foul Imp (2/1 Thief)
*Swamp Blob (4/4 When Swamp Blob enters play, one of your shields takes 3 damage.)
*Zombie Rotter (1/1 Ability: pay two essence, destroy Zombie Rotter, deal 3 damage to target)
*Twilight Webspinner (2/2 Ability: target creature can't attack next round)
*Mind Rot: oponent discards one card
*Cannibalize: remove up to 3 cards in opponents graveyard, one of your shields heals 2 damage for every card removed.
*Befoul: destroy target essence of energy

Defenders of the Amethyst City deck

Eager Cadet (1/2 Blocker)
*Larian Longbow (2/1 First Strike)
*Amethyst Apprentice (1/1 Elusive Ability: Tap -> Gain 1 Essence
*Water Elemental (3/3 Blocker)
*Sage Owl (1/2 When Sage Owl enters play, you draw a card.)
*Wall of Ice (0/5 Blocker Wall)
*Banish: Remove target from the game
*Rod of Ruin: Summons a rod of ruin (ability: tap, 2 essence -> deal 1 damage to target)
*Helgren's Horn: Draw 1 creature card from your deck
*Giant Growth: target gains 3 attack and health till end of turn

Denizens of the Deep
*Darzani Looter (2/2 Loot)
*Overconfident Apprentice (1/2 Tap -> sacrifice, deal 1 damage to each opposing creature.
*Deeptide Elf (2/1 tap -> untap target)
*Whirlpool Drake (3/2 Reshuffle hand)
*Wandering Spirit (1/3 Tap-> Target doesn't take damage next time it is attacked.
*Darzani Royal Guard (5/4)
*Net of Corruption: At start of turn affected unit takes X damage, with X increasing each turn.
*Unsummon: return target creature to owner's hand.
*Siren's Song: Take control of target creature.
*Disenchant: Remove all enchantments of target creature.

Changes

-----Changes in v0.3.2-----
* Tap ability Zombie Rotter now refunds mana correctly
* Player 2 can now correctly choose a deck
* Drudge Skeleton revives correctly
* Ghoul has mana now
* Tombstones can be attacked correctly
* Blockers now work correctly

-----changes in v0.4-----
*added Defenders of the Amethyst city deck
*minor fixes

-----changes in v0.4.1-----
*Rambling Ghoul now deals damage correctly
*First strike nerfed: now only works if creature is attacking
*Web (Buff) is now properly removed when creature dies.

-----changes in v0.4.2-----
*Revised the sytem that prevented players from summoning creatures out of turn.
*Changed the map layout to a much smaller size.

------changes in v0.4.3-----
*Fixed bug with card drawing

-----changes in v0.5-----
*added Denizens of the Deep deck

-----changes in v0.5.1-----
*fixed various bugs in the Denizens of the Deep deck

-----changes in v0.6-----
*added an all new deck building system that allows building of custom decks

-----changes in v0.6.1-----
*added Raging Goblin Card
*added haste
*added custom minimap image

-----changes in v0.6.2-----
*some minor bug fixes
*added Goblin Raider card
*added Fireball card
*added some screenshots

-----changes in v0.6.3-----
*Information in the quest menu added
*Fixed various bugs concerning deck building.
*added three new cards: Goblin Warboss, Goblin Catapult, Heart of Flame
*added message that shows what card is played.

-----changes in v0.6.4-----
*fixed a bug causing the choosing timer not to end resulting in two initiative rolls and a general screwup of the turn system.:p

-----changes in v0.6.5-----
*finally fixed the premade deck buying bug

-----changes in v0.7-----
*the map is now four players. Some cards have been disabled due to adapting problems. This will be fixed as soon as possible.

-----changes in v0.7.1-----
*fixed a bug that screwed up player 2's turn sequence etc...

-----changes in v0.7.2------
*Cannibalize and Mind Rot have been added again.
*Several small fixes.

Some Screenshots

Zombie Rotter using special ability
screenshotC1.jpg

Choosing premade deck
screenshotC2.jpg

Building custom deck - creature cards
screenshotC3.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Why in world is this so simular to.. Duel Masters?

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Could you not quote the whole of the first post AND necropost at the same time?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
It was a cool project. I am glad, that I was a user here when it was being created.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.