Other Chaotica: A Card Game

Opining on the map!

• It's the greatest thing since sliced bread (to use a cliché), defenitly continue working on it.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sound interesting, but not blowing me out of my shoes.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Rather boring idea, not really interested.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Thx. I just wanted to create a REAL card map, and not the style most maps, thought they can be fun, are.

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Your map sounds a lot like the cartoon Chaotic.

Will it be like that? Like you have a separate map with a world full of the monsters/abilities/items that are on your cards, which you can scan and use to fight with to get more powerful things, and based on this you have your card pool which you can base your deck on in the actual card game?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
? I've never heard of the cartoon you're talking about, my map's just a warcraft 3 conversion of a tcg. Give it a try if you'd like to see what's it like.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hm...testing.....testing....and...done.Not bad but make the game intence.The turn thing is putting me to sleep.If you manige to make the game intence it will be verry popular.Also add a "2vs2" or 3vs3 option.I doupbt that the 1vs1 games are popular.Other than that great map!!!

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Any ideas how the map could be made more intense, it is a turnbased card game, so the turnsystem is meant to stay. But all other suggestions are welcome.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well...make turns shorter.Why not try adding some effects, like leghtning fire rain(not demigind but just for pressure)And...don't know mayby a multiplayer version where moore then 2 people can play?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Yea, I'm working on a new version that's easier to play and faster. I'll try to add more effects as well. I'm considering getting rid of the Essences and just give the player more mana each turn, that way, you have more cards you can actually use.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
here is an another idea- add moore decs.Not for intencive play but for gameplay.Try maiking somthing original that has never been done before.

Example: skeletons are thought to be mindless warriors who have low hp and armor but are great in masses.Why not make a skeletal race that is forged with extreamly dark magik, the skeletons have medium hp fast atackspeed and rather high dmg and killer passives.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Haven't had any time to work on it yet, just started first week of university and it's very very busy.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I've uploaded a new version with the choosing bug fixed.

I can host maps on my new laptop, this has given me the motivation to start working on the map again. I'm working on an all new four player version of the map, with several changes to cards and the game mechanic in general.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Cool.I Tested the map online.I liked it, but it really needs the team option

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Thx, glad you liked it.

About the team system, I thought about making some sort of general turn sequence, like turn starts: everybody summons new creatures, attack phase starts: everyone can attack and play spells, turn ends, draw new cards and start over again.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Finally fixed an annoying bug in the old version which caused all cards to end up with player 1 when both players bought a premade deck.

Considering the new version, I've been inspired by Warlord tcg's turn system, for those who don't know the game, it works like this:

1 players makes an action, next player makes an action, ... , first player makes a new action, and so on... until all players fold. Then a new turn starts.

The advantages of this system are that the game remains turnbased, but you don't have to wait hours for the other players to finish their turns.
Also it adds the tactical element of having to prioritize your actions since you can only take one action and then have to wait for the other players to take theirs before you can take a new one. For example, "do i heal my hero or kill that threatening opposing creature?".

What do you think of this turn system? Opininions and feedback plz.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
A new version that features 4 players can now be found in the new post. Hope you like it.:p

(Note that two cards, namely "Mind Rot", and "Cannibalize" have been temporary removed due to triggering difficulties adapting them to the four player mechanic.)

You'll now be able to team up with a companion in epic 2v2 card battles.:p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.