Other Chaotica: A Card Game

Opining on the map!

• It's the greatest thing since sliced bread (to use a cliché), defenitly continue working on it.

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sound interesting, but not blowing me out of my shoes.

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Rather boring idea, not really interested.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
It gives me a victory sceen after i start the match =_=

it was a 2v2 battle on version 0.7.0 or something... am i starting it wrong in any way?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Some Screenshots and information about the completly new Chaotica map I'm designing.

Buying Cards

f41df0b5851d1f58b9639086a62bc3af.jpg

Arena Entrances

b72441f0d28dfe78d773228bda84c05e.jpg

Deck Master Summoning

0ee7757e44d6a3c5d2f80db593d42646.jpg

The concept of the game still is to reduce the opposing deckmaster's health to zero. However, now you can challenge any player for a duel and you gain points for winning.

Spells are cast and creatures are summoned by using mana, each turn, you gain one more mana. After a select number of turns, the amount of mana becomes to great and you start to take damage from mana burn.

I'm working on a real blocking system. Like this: you choose which creatures attack and the opponent get's to choose blockers. Unblocked creatures will damage the opposing deckmaster.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Looks by all means Worth the time put into maiking.If you need any ideas about well, decks, monsters or terrening tell me.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Thx, I'd like to hear some ideas about cards etc...
If you could think of themes deck, that would also be of great help. (like decks tied to a single type of creature, for example fire and preferable tied to a certain play style, like for example fire would have high damage spells and very offensive but low defence creatures. Theme decks would could around 10 different cards.)

Also, if you have other ideas about the map, just tell so, I'd love to hear them.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well I will think up of a few decs, who are themed.BUT inorder to be usefull to them i request that you pm-me with an examplle dec(so i know the hp, dmg , def the magick cards and so on and not end up with givving you decs you have made or decs that don't mach the gameplay)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Sounds good, thx for the help.

Unfortunately, I've only finished 4 cards for the new version (mainly for trigger testing...) But you don't actually have to worry about the cost etc, I'll balance that.

Creatures : attack / health in a range of 1 to 5, 6 can be more for special, difficult to acquire creatures,...

Abilities: Same as above, strong abilities should have a drawback, or specific requirements, etc...

You know what, I'll send you the decks of the previous versions if that is on any help...

Attachments

• Decklist Chaotica.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 269

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Here's a small summary of the current rules.

Code:
Chaotica: A New Horizon

Game Rules

The objective is to reduce the health of the opposing Deckmaster to zero. You win the instant 
this happens.

Card Types:

Creature: Creature Cards consist of two values: a Power value which determines it's offensive 
power and a toughness value, which determines it's defensive power. Creatures normally 
can't attack on the turn they are summoned.

Instants: Cards you can play at any moment.

Sorcery: Same as Instants, only you can't play them on your opponents turn. They are usually 
stronger than Instants. Most have special requirements you must fulfil in order to play them.

Enchantment: A card you play on a creature, it usually give it some bonus or penalty.

Aura: A card that when played effects the entire playing field.

Turn Sequence:

Who gets the first turn is chosen at random.

At the start of your turn, you draw one card if you have sufficient space in 
your inventory.

Then you can play all types of cards, including sorceries.

You can also order creatures to attack, this will move them forward in attack position,
the actual combat happens after you end your turn.

After you end your turn, combat is resolved. Your opponent can select creatures of his 
own to block your attacking creature. Each attacking creature can be blocked by any 
number of blockers.

After your opponent finishes assigning blockers, combat is resolved. Attackers will damage 
their blockers and vice versa. Unblocked creatures will attack the opposing Deckmaster. 
Creatures deal their power values in damage to each other when in combat.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
New update for the old version, it is now +- completly finished. (the old version that is.)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
The new version is nearing alpha status, meaning there is one deck and it's playable...

Some screenshots

149515676a356338c117c9c7fd154463.jpg

37fc4610673ef499e7da0696daa00ad0.jpg

Deck list of the first deck that will be included ( a nature themed deck.)

Code:
Fungus Spider (0/2) ability: sacrifice, deal 1 damage to target.
Forest Crab (2/2)
Treant (3/3) Regeneration (when killed, return to your hand.)
Power of the Woods (+2/+2) enchantment
Cycle of Life: whenever a creature is killed, you gain 1 health.
Symbiosis: You gain 1 life for every creature in play.
Hive Queen (0/2) ability: spawn a (1/1) Hive Warrior.
Fungus Gargant (1/5) ability: deal 1 damage to target.
Mana Well: You gain 3 mana.
Harshness of Nature: Kill a random creature.

Drabstar

Reaction score
Awesome! :eek: I've always loved card games, I play Magic the Gathering myself and must I say you do a very superb job of capturing that feel.

Here some card names, I will give you discriptions if you need help
Some (mostly all) are made in my brain

I list them by how uber they are.
Rarity of cards might be something you could do to the game perhaps?

Regular Creature, Instant, Sorcery = Low Pority Card
Exquisite Creautre, ect = Hefty Pority Card
Epic Creature, ect = Very High Pority Card
Legendary Creautre, ect = Godlike Pority Card

Battle-Creek Worm ( Exquiste Creature)
Rootwater (Epic Instant or Sorcery)
Jokers Mirror (Scorcery)
Russian Roulette (Exquisite Instant)
Golbat Snakeskin (Creature)
Land Beatle (Creature)
Sotha Sil (Legendary Creature)
Mummification (Equisite Instant or Sorcery)
Crypt Champion (Epic Creature)
Piller of Light (Legendary Sorcery)
Confiscation (Instant)
Lakeswamp Haunter (Creautre
Farming Crops (Sorcery)
Walking The Plank (Equisite instant)
Acid Food (Instant)
Phat-Phat Fungus (Epic Creature)
Moonlight's Glare (Legendary Instant)
Karma's Kiss (Epic Instant)
The Crab Hermit (Legendary Creature)

Well heres names to help you. If you need help with effects, I have no problems either.

Sorry if my card names are horrible :(
Best of luck!! :D:D

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind remarks. Most of those names sound really sweet and I'll definitely try to find a use for them.

The alpha version of the revised map (the one you can see in the screenshots on this page) is almost ready to be posted, just needs a victory trigger and a few extra cards.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
O.K. guys! A playable version of the new Chaotica map can now be downloaded in this post. For the game rules, see above posts.

To test it, play alone and type -test in the beginning to gain control op player two, this allows you to test the game mechanic. To start a match, just walk north until you come at four circles of power, two deckmasters must enter the green circle to start a match.

Feedback and criticism is highly appreciated!

Attachments

• (8) Chaotica Eternity's End Alpha Version.w3x
    165.9 KB · Views: 241

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
hey sirroelivan, may i suggest something?
A change of the map name, the name Chaotica leads many new players to belive this map is based off the cartoon Chaotica (which is also a card game) and because of that they leave the game right away

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Sounds fair. I'll think it over.

Edit: Could you post a link to a site about the cartoon, since I can't seem to find any info about it...

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
your mapname has an extra A lol
I only found out about it becasue i saw boosters for it at cards and comics (where i usualy get my magic cards)

http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/Chaotic.html

just watched the vids.... lack of music (even defult music) and "this battle bores me" bored me to death...
As for some posititves..
I like the new #/# altho im not shure what their for because they showed the same number but im guessing its the attack/hp (or is it hp/hp) i cant tell from the vid

but yea.. the vids dont really tell much
in your original, you had essences and sheilds, what happened to those?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this a very long time, but I'm just experiencing that people just aren't very interested in a turnbased card game, certainly not as a warcraft map, so I guess the project is sort of abandoned.

I'll probably make a realtime version since people just don't like waiting in turnbased games for their turn. However, this isn't going to be like the classic warcraft card game maps like warcraft III the card game etc... which all feature lane spawning as a basic concept.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.