[Cinematic] Saga of Uthas Heldbearer Main Thread

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
[SoUH] Saga of Uthas Heldbearer

Introduction: This is just a short cinematic I made. At first, it was just a small project, but then I got interested in real cinematic making, so I think I'm going to turn it into a whole series, hence the 'saga' part. This is my first cinematic so it won't be too good. I will have screenshots soon so just wait.

Episode One: Another Day
Episode One
Another Day​

Summary: Uthas Heldbearer is introduced to us as a normal farmer, living in a corner in the forest. He journeys on another day of his life, but this time, one with adventure. Mystical powers are given to him through a spirit and he must use them in ways he sees best.

Characters:
Uthas Heldbearer - a simple farmer that lives in a forest clearing. He is just an average man, but when he receives his powers, his attitude changes.
Spirit - a poor spirit that is slain. He helps Uthas Heldbearer in his journey.
Death Knight - the 'bad' guy of this episode. He is the main enemy of Uthas and fights him in many battles.
Shadix - the Spirit's legendary horse friend, who aids Uthas in his long runs.
Assassin - an unknown assassin that, well, assassinates many.
Sir Naihme - a noble priest that is ambushed and escapes.
Sir Altalon - a knight that is caught in a fight with the Undead.
Alzagor - a demon that is seen to be the assassin's master.
Lord Valhim - a ginormous behemoth that is Alzagor's, and maybe more, master. ??? DOOM! ??? Hint, hint, wink, nudge.
More to come...

Episode Status:
Overall Story Planning - [|||||] 7 scenes are now completed. I'm pretty much done; just need a modeller/skinner. *HELP section for more info*
Triggering/Animation - [|||||] All the necessary triggers for scenes completed so far are good, just need the ones for the new scenes.
Terraining - [|||||] Same as the triggers/animations; finished parts for the story scenes so far completed, just need the new scene areas terrained.

Help Section:
-Model/Skin- Thread For Model/Skin Help Please respond on that thread.

Screenshots
SoUH%20Screenies%20copy.png
http://www.gamerz-forum.com/images/upload/SoUH%20Screenies%20copy.png

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool to me. The story sounds like other stories, but still interesting. Good luck

thewrongvine

Reaction score
B U M P !

I finished most of the episode one but I have some problems...

Please see the "Help Section" in episode one for information. :)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
-I need some SOUND help. I added music and that works perfectly fine, but sounds don't work. For example:
Code:

Action
Sound - Play (HumanArchMage Attack1)

Is there anything wrong with that? Don't worry about the events or conditions because it's part of the same scene trigger. Unless there is something wrong with that and needs a new trigger...?
Try using:
Code:
Sount - Set sound volume to 100%

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It must be because your event is Map Initialization. Play Sound cant start off of that. Make it time elapsed 1 second or something like that.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It must be because your event is Map Initialization. Play Sound cant start off of that. Make it time elapsed 1 second or something like that.
It should be Elapsed Game time is 0.00 seconds :p

thewrongvine

Reaction score
1.) It's in its own trigger with the scene, not map initialization.

2.) I use 00.01 :p

3.) How come I don't have to change the volume for music? Thanks anyway, I'll try it.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
A cinematic contest from TheHelper would be pretty damn awesome, I hope they make one. Maybe around June, when people are done with school and if they choose to can focus on whatever their making a lil more and not have to worry about finals and exams and such.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Ok, I added about another minute and a half to my cinematic to make it have a better ending. I'm going to release my cinematic when/if the cinematic contest comes. Knight7770 said he will host one after he's done with his hero contest thing. I'll try to get some screenshots in...

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Ok, I added about another minute and a half to my cinematic to make it have a better ending. I'm going to release my cinematic when/if the cinematic contest comes. Knight7770 said he will host one after he's done with his hero contest thing. I'll try to get some screenshots in...
It would be cheating to submitt a pre-made cinematic...

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well, exactly, in all "previous" contests. ;) And besides, I don't know about you but I do contests for fun. We'll just have to make new rules. :) It's not cheating if the contest isn't even made yet.

Don't worry about the contest. Worry about the cinematic. :)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Screenshots are up but for only scenes 1,2,3, and 6! They don't look nice because at that view, it looks like everything is on one spot.

Go to the first post and open the spoilers and spoilers. :)

Daskunk

Reaction score
Well, exactly, in all "previous" contests. ;) And besides, I don't know about you but I do contests for fun. We'll just have to make new rules. :) It's not cheating if the contest isn't even made yet.

Don't worry about the contest. Worry about the cinematic. :)
All I can say is I would never join a contest as retarded enough as to allow anything that was started before the contest started..

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Well maybe, unlike you, I'm not in for fame or money or prizes. I do it for fun.
And exactly, the contest didn't even start! How do you know there's going to be one? Because I told you! If I didn't say anything about this, I could've submitted it for the contest because no one would know. If I wanted to cheat, I wouldn't be doing all of this.

And you don't have to join. :)

Daskunk

Reaction score
Well maybe, unlike you, I'm not in for fame or money or prizes. I do it for fun.
And exactly, the contest didn't even start! How do you know there's going to be one? Because I told you! If I didn't say anything about this, I could've submitted it for the contest because no one would know. If I wanted to cheat, I wouldn't be doing all of this.
You sounded exactly like you were trying to cheat for fame and rep, and then acused me of it. Things like that get me pretty mad..

And you don't have to join. :)
No, I would submitt my premade cinematic, since I allready made it it wouldn't be any bother. :) I do cinematics for fun, not for fame and glory unlike you, you getting a two mounth headstart wouldn't bother me..

Putting that aside, this cinematic looks very good, Cant wait for it too come out! :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.