[Cinematic] The Rainmaker (part I)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
I am making a cinematic, which is an introduction/trailer for an upcoming project on a much larger scale. It is called The Rainmaker, and all I can tell you about the plot is that it takes place in a city on a mountain much like Minas Tirith in Lord of the Rings, but it has one tall tower at the top which is the tower of the Rainmaker. Every day, although he is never seen, the Rainmaker walks out on the balcony and calls the spirits of the sky to protect the city of the evils that threaten it constantly. The people have always taken advantage of this, but one day, the Rainmaker suddenly disappears and as the protective shield weakens, evil threatens the countryside. It is up to a seasoned war veteran, a foreign assassin and outlaw, and the Rainmaker's servant/archmage (who, of course, has never seen the Rainmaker himself either, but several disguises) to find the Rainmaker and bring the town back to safety... but... they don't know who to look for! And so they embark on a quest across the entire land and into the least expected place in search of him.

Here are some screenshots of the terrain (for those who haven't already seen them)

Spire City from a distance on an unnaturally sunny day:
xfut95.png
Spire City close up on a rainy day:
15fkpyw.png
Powerful summoning in the mountains, from a distance:
vo1qfd.jpg

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
That sounds really cool, and the screenshots look great. The story is real good, especially better than a lot of the cinematics that are put up here. It should be interesting to watch.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Oooh. Lovely screenshots.

Just make sure that the cameras and everything else are perfect, or I'll hunt you down. :thdown: <-- That's what I call serious.

Great job so far! :thup:

Ivach

Reaction score
The terrain leaves me speechless... All I can I say is wow..

Really looking forward to this.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
He is, but her skirt kinda flows behind him. He's not feeling her ass by the way ;)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Why is it that your name is Ghostwind, but the pictures all say ~Void~ at the top? :eek:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I thought I posted here before...

Oh well.

Amazing terraining. But of course, that's in 'effects' mode. ^_^ Nevertheless, I compliment you on this. Can't wait for a DL or w/e.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
The rainmaker was also the name of the best novel ever written by Scott Grisham!

/offtopic

J

JacobSijsma

I have never seen such a nice landscape made in warcraft 3.
The city looks really nice, maybe one day it proves to be a good template for a multiplayer map aswell, if you'd release it ofcourse.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
this is so amazing, it reminds of a damn good pantera song. good luck with the cinematic

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.