Control Your Dreaming!

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
here's something you can try

well just try what i said, how often you remember your dreams the, the often you will recreate them (if your subconscious like them, that is)

But there are a few things you can do to learn manipulating your dreams..

The easiest (but also the longest) way is to just thing of the things
If you want to know more about that, just ask..

Then there is the way to make your dream into a lucid dream..
there are two ways to make a normal dream in a lucid dream:

The mirror test:
I don't know if you have ever had that you looked into a mirror in a dream..
if you have you have noticed that the mirror never gave the right image, your subconscious cannot recreate perfect images from the real life..
So if you in your dream see a mirror and then see that it's a disformed image, there is a chance that you realize that you are dreaming..
To increase the chance that you see a mirror in your dreams you can do the following:
In real life just look a lot in a mirror and when you see a correct image then you say out loud: "i am not dreaming" (this sounds weird i know but it worked for me)
This is kinda misleading, cuz you always see the correct image and if you say the sentence just because you know its a true image then you have also increased the chance that you do the same in your dream.. you don't even look in the mirror (or you just don't see it)...

the second one (harder one) is the calculator test:

this one never worked for me, cuz you have to do a whole lot more then just look in the mirror.. you need to have a calculator in your dream, then you must think of a sum that you know you can figure out without a calculator, but you also don't know already like 2 X 2 is too easy (also always use a multiply) when you have a sum you typ it in the calculator, then you calculate the sum in your head. when you look on the calculator you will notice that that number isn't the one you calculated..
Your subconscious can't calculate it's really weird, i know :p
You can must do this also a lot in the real life to increase the chance you will do this in your dream..

I hope to hear from you, till then:

Keep on dreaming..

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wait I have a question. Like the example was that you can fly. Is it possible to completely change the reality of your dream to like a video game or something? WoW or diablo or something like that for example.

yes it is possible

Few years ago, I think, when I had bad dreams I could get away from them.:p
I just did something with my eyes in the dream and BLAM! I'm out of the dream.

you probably just stared with your eyes, when you stare about like ten seconds you will get out of your dream

Edit: Sorry about double post

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well,,

Did you go to the lucid forums thing? Traitor!TRAITOR!!!! GET HIM!!!!

The Lucid forum? never heard of it... a couple of years ago I noticed my "obsession" with dreams, i love dreaming especially when you had a rough day. Dreaming can seriously erase all your bad feelings..

Since I figured that out I wanted to know more about it so i searched the internet.. there aren't a lot of (useful) sites.. the most go too deep on the thing where dreams come from, some say it's your previous life (which for me is woooow-stop-click-away site) others say it's just your own life, which for me is waaay more obvious.. anyway i wanted some information on the lucid dreams.. it's great.. i mean it's like world editor (ow no he didn't; yes i did:p), but just for you.. you can create the place where you are, what you do, who are with you and you can also decide who YOU are..
So I searched and i found a dutch site (yes I'm dutch:shades: )
If you want to know: here it is. maybe you also know this site, but i don't like that one, it has way too much info.. the site that i just refered to is just simple information, only it is in dutch :( (i may be able to translate it if you want)

there is one other thing I want to discuss with you guys
i want to know what you all think of this:

Deja vu's are dreams (which you had earlier) come to real life

Me personally think it's a wonderfull thought and not competely impossible.. as you may now we use our brain for about (well i quick guess) 15% of all the things our brain can do.. I don't know if you have seen The Time Machine.. it gives a picture of a future world which is controlled by one person which uses 100% of our brain.. So maybe there is a way that you can look in the future with our 100% brain.. and maybe that is what deja vu is.. I don't know.. but i love the idea :)

anyway back to topic:
How I know all this? well I LOVE DREAMING :p so i want to know everything about it..

Ow and one more thing: The best lucid dream i had was the one where i was being chased (yes i know that's not fun at all) but suddenly i realized that i was dreaming, so i figured, why am i running?? and then i did the most awesome thing i ever did in a lucid dream: I chased my chasers XD (it's true, i'm not making this up)

anyway, if you want to know anything at all.. i loved to help so just ask
Like i said before: "dreams can take away bad feelings", I hope to hear from you all, till then:

Keep on dreaming,

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Edit: ow btw
I've had one lucid dream, and that's what I did in it. 'Twas very awesome. :p
told ya :p

Heh, and what if you think you're dreaming when you're awake? Scary... x)
impossible, why? Well, your subconsience mind can fool you consience mind, but you consience mind can't fool you subconsience mind.. The point is: there is no way in hell that you think you're dreaming, when you're awake.. for example you may pinch yourself in your dream, but you never pinch yourself in real life, cuz you KNOW that you are awake (unless you had some drugs XD, then is everything possible)

stubs101

Reaction score
When you say that dreams are from your previous life, I thought Hey, I got a girlfriend, and I had a dream about her and me just talking, walking down an isle, in a greenhouse full of animals with my real teacher... I don't think that was from my previous life...

It's definitely not from my life, because that has never happened and never will because I graduated.

But I'm wondering, was it a lucid dream? I was walking down an Isle where i met up with her and for some reason she gave me a dollar (lol) and her dad said How dare you!!! and he pulled her into a room and yelled at her. Then I saw her walking down another isle and I wanted to say you alive? And I did, but I had no control over it, I don't know if that makes any sense, but I just felt that was necessary, and said it somehow without control... like I was numb physically but physiologically I was 'feelin' top o' t'e mornin'. And btw, it's dreams like those that I remember in the morning.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When you say that dreams are from your previous life, I thought Hey, I got a girlfriend, and I had a dream about her and me just talking, walking down an isle, in a greenhouse full of animals with my real teacher... I don't think that was from my previous life...

It's definitely not from my life, because that has never happened and never will because I graduated.

But I'm wondering, was it a lucid dream? I was walking down an Isle where i met up with her and for some reason she gave me a dollar (lol) and her dad said How dare you!!! and he pulled her into a room and yelled at her. Then I saw her walking down another isle and I wanted to say you alive? And I did, but I had no control over it, I don't know if that makes any sense, but I just felt that was necessary, and said it somehow without control... like I was numb physically but physiologically I was 'feelin' top o' t'e mornin'. And btw, it's dreams like those that I remember in the morning.

first of all i said (if you read my previous post carefully, you would know) that i don't think that dreams are from a previous life..

second, no it doesn't make any sense.. what are you trying to say?

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
This is harder than I expected. Yesterday I went to bed kept saying in my head "Remember my dream" like it said in one of the posted guides and then I just couldn't fall asleep. When I did it was random and my mind was empty with no thoughts about remembering my dreams. In fact I think I didn't even have a dream that day.

I just woke up in the morning saying "WTH? Why didn't it work"

Mind giving me really basic tips for this since I'm really new to all this dream stuff. I also read your mirror thing but I never have mirrors in my dreams (When I actually did have them)

Reaction score
Treat your dreams :p

1.Before going to sleep, tell yourself out loud "I am going to have a dream tonight"
2.Put a pencil/pen and a sheet of paper near you, so you could write down the dream when you wake up.
3.Remember to write down the dream when you wake up.

This rises the dream above and makes it more... meaningfull to you, thus making you to remember it. Althrough if I remember correctly, this part is just for remembering dreams, not having lucid dreams (Althrough you may have one)

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Well for my case I want lucid dreams and I want to remember them. Is this method gonna help me in both ways?

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
true, but..

Treat your dreams :p

1.Before going to sleep, tell yourself out loud "I am going to have a dream tonight"
2.Put a pencil/pen and a sheet of paper near you, so you could write down the dream when you wake up.
3.Remember to write down the dream when you wake up.

This rises the dream above and makes it more... meaningfull to you, thus making you to remember it. Althrough if I remember correctly, this part is just for remembering dreams, not having lucid dreams (Althrough you may have one)

yes, only for normal dreams, but you should really do this also..
Cuz the more you can remember your dreams the more you can know that you are dreaming.. For example: if you dreamed a lot about one thing in particular then you can tell yourself (when you see it again in a dream) I AM DREAMING.. this worked for me.. there was always a certain place what i never had seen in real life.. I noticed (in real life) that that place is a dream, so i told myself (in real life) over and over again that that is a dream, so on a certain moment (and i'm talking about months not days or weeks)(yes, unfortunaly it takes time;) ) I saw it again and i realized that I was dreaming and BLAM lucid dream :D

A fact to make it a bit more understandable:
The problem with controlling your dreams is that you as a person can't control them (what? but why are we writing in this thread then..) You as a person can't control them, we can't manipulate our subconsience, the way to control your dreams is to make your subconsience copy the ways of the consience mind.. That's why you always must repeat all those things over and over again.. and that's why it takes a long time..

Mind giving me really basic tips for this since I'm really new to all this dream stuff. I also read your mirror thing but I never have mirrors in my dreams (When I actually did have them)
I don't get that sentence, you are saying that you never have mirrors when you actually did have them.. I don't get it..
but if you want to know how you can make a mirror in your dreams,
two ways (which for me were useful, so.. try it):

1. I don't know if you ever look in the mirror (in real life), but you should just do it.. a lot.. just look in the mirror and also think and/or say I'm looking in the mirror or just say the word mirror a couple of times..

2. Instead of just looking in a mirror very often you can also think a lot: "I want to see myself" "I want to see myself" In your dreams is it then possible that you say it also and the chance that your subconsience will create a mirror for you is very high on that moment..

I just woke up in the morning saying "WTH? Why didn't it work"
WRONG WRONG SOOO WRONG.. :) why did you say WTH? Why didn't it work? you should have said, what did I dream, I know that you on that moment can't think of it, but as soon as you wake up don't think about anything else then your dreams.. even if you don't succeed just try it.. over and over again, also at night if you wake up.. everytime you wake up try to think what you have dreamed.. do this a lot and you will remember it on a certain point.. also lie in the exact same way you lay when you woke up (told that before, but wth.. again, again, weeeeh :banghead: )

Well that was all,

Keep on dreaming,

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
lucid dreaming is fun, some dreams i had is so good that i wouldnt want to wake up...

and like im in a court of justice and suddenly the judge banged my head with his hammer many times...

SYI

Reaction score
Every time I have a lucid dream, Its a damn nightmare. Im always out to get killed, and I end up commiting suicide in teh dream so i can wake up because the dreams are so horrible :(

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Every time I have a lucid dream, Its a damn nightmare. Im always out to get killed, and I end up commiting suicide in teh dream so i can wake up because the dreams are so horrible :(

You said it was a lucid dream, why can't you control your dream then?
Did you read what i posted earlier?
For example: if you dreamed a lot about one thing in particular then you can tell yourself (when you see it again in a dream) I AM DREAMING.. this worked for me.. there was always a certain place what i never had seen in real life.. I noticed (in real life) that that place is a dream, so i told myself (in real life) over and over again that that is a dream, so on a certain moment (and i'm talking about months not days or weeks)(yes, unfortunaly it takes time ) I saw it again and i realized that I was dreaming and BLAM lucid dream

Try that... maybe you can change your nightmares in to nice controllable dreams:)

Hope to hear from you all again, till then:

Keep on dreaming,,

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Meh tried all the methods and no luck. Nothing changed and I can't get lucid dreams. Even when I think about something so much, I don't get a dream about it.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Meh tried all the methods and no luck. Nothing changed and I can't get lucid dreams. Even when I think about something so much, I don't get a dream about it.

I hope you didn't expect for this to work in just a week...
You really need to keep on trying everything... always think what did i dream, where was I, who was I, who were with me, etc..

For me everything (still not everything actually, but a lot) worked for me after a couple of months.. and the question is now:
Do you want to keep on trying? so you have eventually (awesome) lucid dreams..

And don't just sometimes think "ow now i'm going to try it..", but always..
Trust me eventually it will work..

Keep me posted about the things you dreamed etc.. love to know what everyone dreams..

till then,
Keep on dreaming,,:)

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

P.S. try try try, it's worth it:D

stubs101

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to go and quote H34DhUnT3r but he said look in a mirror, and when you fall asleep you look in a mirror and see a demented shape so you know it's a dream and you can start doing whatever the hell it is you feel like doing. Well if you see yourself in a mirror, and for a load of time too, your subconscious mind, which may I remind you is your conscious mind asleep, will remember your shape and form, there fore when you're asleep and look in a mirror you will think you are wide awake then go to bed, trying to have a lucid dream, but just turning in your sleep, when finally you go to sleep, but in reality, you wake up, making your life the lucid dreams of your subconsciousness.

The calculator trick as H34DhUnT3r talked about has the same principle. Right before you go to bed find the sum of a hard problem, look at a calculator, and fall asleep. You will see the calculator in your sleep, think okay, per say 12x12=144x3=432. then the thing you think with (your brain A.K.A. your mind which is also your precious subconsciousness) will have stored this, and your subconscious mind will feed off it and put that answer in the bar of the calculator. Boom, you think you're awake, doing an even more complex problem then you can manage and then you find the answer, look at the calculator, and go to bed trying to have a lucid dream about it. The same as in the mirror paradox, you wake up thinking that's your lucid dream and reality becomes the lucid dream of your subconsciousness. Your subconsciousness is quite tricky.

Quite simple really unless somehow you figure out that it's a lucid dream and then things will get seriously messed up and so will my theory.

stubs101

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post but this page needs to be bumped.

If you're having a scary lucid dream, just wake up. All my dreams all lucid dreams, I do what I want, I control myself, but I don't know that I'm dreaming.

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
well,,

Sorry for the double post but this page needs to be bumped.QUOTE]

sorry, bumped?

Well if you see yourself in a mirror, and for a load of time too, your subconscious mind, which may I remind you is your conscious mind asleep, will remember your shape and form

Yes, your subconcious mind will remember you.. but.. that doesn't means that the subconcious mind can make the perfect pictures in your dreams.. that's what i'm talking about.. sometimes you know that you see someone you know in your dream and you precisely know who that was, even if the face doesn't look like it.. my point is that your subconcious mind never can make the perfect image in a mirror.. I mean I know what i look like, but even I see a demented form of myself..

Your reply on the calculator..
I told in the post where i announced this method that it never worked for me, cuz i never could get a calculator in my dream :banghead: anyway what you are saying is that your subconscience mind is your conscience mind asleep, but i have a little problem with that, because when you are drunk you also let your subconscience mind take over.. It's (for me) a whole lot more then just your conscience mind alseep,, Why? well, first of all it makes this kind of discussions and that is awesome.. second: I love the idea that the mind is something that we never can and will control, only in lucid dreams..

Greetings,
H34DhUnT3r[NL]

If you're having a scary lucid dream, just wake up. All my dreams all lucid dreams, I do what I want, I control myself, but I don't know that I'm dreaming.
You know what's weird... a couple of posts ago you asked me what a lucid dream is and you posted a dream that sure wasn't lucid.. so how is it possible that you suddenly always had lucid dreams..

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.