Custom Hero Line Wars - |Mod's Pick|

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>Ive got a fairly solid melee:

Read more closely.

Dan1lo

Reaction score
he said fairly solid MELEE build, so it's ok.

For ranged, I usually just get a spellcaster, it's the funniest to play with average guys :D

EDIT: also forgot to add, I usually pick warlock for ranged int hero, because unlike most of the choices, he doesn't have casting time delay...

On 99% of the ranged heroes to choose you have to walk a little bit after casting a spell to cancel the casting time, so it's a bonus :)

I

iNinja

my all time favorite game!
too bad not many people host it =/
is there a clan for it?

Reaction score
Updated v1.43a

Forgot to do stuff in v1.43 so had to update again. Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy.

Change log on first post as usual.

Q

Quoward

Bugs

Gave it a run through the other night. A few things I noticed is as follows:

Serpent Wards do not do any damage after a certain rank (rank 3 or 4?)
Game seems to have a little more lag than previous version
I had a fatal error during the game but not sure what caused it yet.
Also the -zoom feature seems to be buggy. I the host have no problem with it but several people i've played with could not get it to work at all. Might be something to look into.

That's a few things I've noticed that needs to be looked at. Otherwise looks good. Thanks for the update.

Quoward

Reaction score
Gave it a run through the other night. A few things I noticed is as follows:

Serpent Wards do not do any damage after a certain rank (rank 3 or 4?)
Game seems to have a little more lag than previous version
I had a fatal error during the game but not sure what caused it yet.
Also the -zoom feature seems to be buggy. I the host have no problem with it but several people i've played with could not get it to work at all. Might be something to look into.

That's a few things I've noticed that needs to be looked at. Otherwise looks good. Thanks for the update.

Quoward

Updated again, fixed the serpent ward issue.
Will look into the other issues for later versions, as none are particularly game breaking... Although the fatal error does come up rarely not sure what causes it.

Thanks for the report

Dan1lo

Reaction score
Hey baka-ranger, another issue I find is that the TANK'S INFERNAL immolation is way too strong for early game, since you buffed up that ultimate, all the infernals got buffed up.

My HP went from 10.000 to 0 while stunned by a bunch of infernals really fast...
I think you should try duplicating the spell and setting different values for them ×.×

Another thing is that Temporal Armor is way too strong, getting 5 sec stuns on creeps and chance of instantly killing them just by blocking is incredibly overpowered.

I suggested either reducing the chance a little or changing the stun duration.

Or leave stun duration as is and take out death chance.

EDIT:
Baka, I also recommend adding this game to hiveworkshop... there are good folks there who can help you improve your map easily.

Reaction score
Small update with a fix to the -zoom function and a few balance changes. Added a few more features for extra efficiency/apathy lol.
Having a thread on TH is enough, I don't really need another place to check up on, and with you guys checking/testing/reporting for me is enough. :)

Everything should be working fine, updates to come in the future. Probably. :rolleyes:

Dan1lo

Reaction score
3 things that quickly came through my mind :D

As you talked about hotkey for the summoning thingy upgrade, I remembered that it does not really upgrade, it's more like it creates a new unit, which takes out your hotkey.

If you assing the house for "ctrl+1", when you upgrade it it's not on 1 anymore, it's like that for a long time, I forgot to tell o.o"
-------------------------------------------------
The infernal juggernauts need to have their infernal's incineration nerfed a bit because it takes way too much magical damage for the with all the infernal spamage+stun o.o'
-------------------------------------------------
The last thing from the 3 is the little income thingy I've asked before.
on the Bounty On/Off part, you could put an Income line, with 5s 10s 15s and 20s income.

It would come in handy, since I can only play 2x2 most of times because of lack of players xD

Also, a 20sec income CHLW usually takes 1 hour to finish, reducing it to 5s would fasten the proccess and make the map more dynamic :D

Thanks for the updates baka ^^ surely will test

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
It's un to to see that a map that was treated as unintresting in the begining came to become Mods pick and have such a high amount of viewers. With unintresting am mostly talking about the gap on the first page between June and July.

More on topic, the best line war I've played and I'm not a line war guy, things hapened all the time andn I didn't get boored for a second on it so yeah, It's a great map. 5/5 for keeping me satisfied during a line war.

//==GooS

Dan1lo

Reaction score
GooS, nice to see you enjoyed it xD

Too bad I still got guys that hated these maps a they died on the second summoner...

EDIT:
Hey Baka, this new version is great :D Netheworld Gateway is now way more useful for teamkilling, temporal armor is rebalanced, the wards and bugs are fine.

I thought a little about the skills... Was Freezing Spines(or something) buffed up a little? The version it came out, it was so weak I never used it again. I would freeze a small group of guys in a line doing small damage, so I kind of left it behind...

Nice update :D

Reaction score
@GooS
Thanks for your feedback I'm glad that someone who doesn't normally play these types of games found CHLW enjoyable. :D Haha maybe I just got lucky, but who knows.. :rolleyes:

@Dan1lo
I've known about the hotkey thing for awhile now, and I may or may not be able to fix it, depending on how my idea pans out at the moment.
Juggernaut infernals were nerfed accordingly.
Customisable income interval will come in sooner or later. :p But normally it only takes me 40~min.

Netherworld stopped friendly fire a looooooooong time ago :p
About Freezing Spires, it and along with the others got a buff in about 1.41, if I remember correctly. Some may have received further in later versions but I forget these things :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feed back. :)

Dan1lo

Reaction score
Great, what I meant about Netherworld Gateway was that it wasn't slowing that much at first, when I tried int builds, but now it's one of the funniest things to do with Bnet randoms xD

Today tested 4x4 the game took 30 minutes, we reached vault lvl 3(few) and 2(most), one guy killed the other team by not summoning ;x

I thought the hotkey thingy for the summonners was ok... but now I remember... everytime a unit upgrades the hotkey is lost... hmmm
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A new skill set that has come to me was "Innate Attribute Skills"
These would be a whole new vault with 12 skills, 4 for each status. Maybe divided into ranged/melee, or just both.

STR would be stunning aoe attacks, armor bonuses and skills like that
AGI would be involving evasion, critical, attack/movement speed and multiple targetting/attacking
INT would be spell amplifiers, some kind of mana channel working like vitality crush... MANA and SPELL and STAT CHANGING involving skills
EDIT: For int I thought of "Exceed Mana" - when activated you would deal additional int*n damage on every attack at a certain mana cost, just like concentration, but damage is based on stat ^^

This way I think we would consider getting an int melee, because the only times I've seen such thing was a guy who didn't summon... so you get the picture.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
AIs require a lot of coding. Probably as much as the whole map has with all the customization.

slure

Reaction score
I think the solo is fun. But i end up killing myself and theres not really and end to it. And i wanna feel like theres a reason of playing.

Dan1lo

Reaction score
the solo mode is just for testing, so whenever you feel you're good in a tactic, try to team with a friend and see how far you get, so you get your teamwork well.

Also, try not to overlevel yourself, because many times you'll end up underleveled in the game and will die easily ;P

Steven

Reaction score
Dear valued map maker,

lol.
I am an avid CHLW player. It is one of my favorite games on warcraft III. For someone like me who doesn't like heros who are "OP" or "UP" because of the SET skills they have and would like to make a hero for themselves this is a fun and yet challenging way to have fun combining skills to suite your gameplay. However, there are a few problems with the game that I was hoping that you could look into and maybe fix. I am usually on warcraft everyday after school. My screenname is IA-Weiss. You can either whisper me on there if you still play or you can e-mail me at my e-mail adress that I registered to this forum with. I would like to help you improve on this masterpiece that is your map and i would be happy to help you test if you need it. Thank you for your time and I hope you decide to improve upon this map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.