[Discussion] SC2 Editor <<< W3 Editor

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why do you need heroes? You can always create a bar with images that lives above a unit and upgrade their stats when they get enough kills.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
SC2 does support heroes... kind of.

It definitely supports experience and levels. When I was messing around with it I found out the attribute behaviors (IE, you can make strength, intelligence, agility) don't exactly work, especially with triggers.

And since it is done via the data editor it's a convoluted process.

Jinxx

Reaction score
Heroes can be created, although the process is convoluted, to say the least. It's a very powerful editor, I'm not claiming otherwise, but aspects of it are horribly organized/planned, and it's not really user friendly. Expect to spend dozens of hours in order to implement even the simplest of concepts.

I'll be waiting for the mod scene to set itself up in a couple of websites and crank out dozens of tutorials before I get seriously involved with the Galaxy Editor. A pity, really, since this thing was hailed as a revolutionary tool that could be used by just about any noob, straight out of the box. I believe the editor's cons currently overshadow it's pros (by a long shot!), and this will, unfortunately, turn off many people.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I heard Blizzard isn't going to make a WC4 because:
1) There is the lovely WoW out there and they can just keep making expansions of it
2) Blizzard said that they believe WoW expansions will earn them way more money than making a WC4 (like they made 2 million on the first hour of the release of WotLK or something)
3) Blizzard is looking for the $$ to be made out of the games, And most likely, there are more players of WoW than WC3 thus WC4 will probably end up with less customers than an expansion of WoW

Very unfortunate.

You make it sound like WoW vs. Warcraft 4. Blizzard has 3 different teams making games (Right now cataclysm, SC2, Diablo 3). What will they do after they're finished with diablo or SC? Didn't all the demon lords dies in diablo 2 so diablo 3 is kinda weird and 4 wold be even more so. Anyway, a huge amount of people play WoW that might get interested in this other warcraft game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.