XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Just wondering what people like most. 3rd person camera's or no Cameras

sithin

Reaction score
BOTH?
have an option?
for my rpg im going to do a 3rd person because of the high detail in the terrain iv put, but its not going to be an anoying one that follows the head.

GameOver[GR]

Reaction score
Orpg maps with 3rd person camera would be more realistic and the game would be better.

Things whitch are the best for a map :

Code:
1) A good history
2) A good view
3) Powerful skills with good special effects
4) Many enemy armies , and all that happens should be part of the history.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
They just get in the way because no matter what, there will never be a good 3rd person view.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yes there is. It was made by AceHart. Other then that 3p camera is a nice addon. Can really make the terrain cool, but if not made correctly the camera can only anoy the shit out of you.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
Hmm... Well my map is really detailed and I would really like a 3rd person camera. I found 1 and put it in but I see where people get frusterated. Click one spot you go backwards. Now one more question. What about a arrowkey guilded person. Like WoW you push "w" and the character walk forwards. And have the arrow keys be the camera control?

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
3rd Person Camera's are only good with arrow key movement system because clicking like it is in DarkInvasionII ORPG pissed me off so much. I could barely go up a mountian.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
What about a arrowkey guilded person. Like WoW you push "w" and the character walk forwards. And have the arrow keys be the camera control?

It's possible, but in online games it will be really annoying and delayed. There is no way around this delay.

TBH, I hate third person cameras if I'm going to click-to-move. It's really hard to do, and I prefer the normal camera for that.

The only game I remember playing that was actually fun with a third-person camera, was some Rifleman Paintball game.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
well there is a arrowkey movement made by someone on thehelper Im going to try it

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Arrow Keys apperantly only work perfect with Player 1 Red. With all the others, it slows down but sometimes, its not noticable and WASD in wc3 is impossible unless you press the letter a lot of times instead of holding.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
@Darthfette! The Associatiaon of Azeroth Skeet Shoothing Thinbgy? Where you clicked the things to shoot?

Anyways, I hate the camera because, when you attack, you turn the that way, so if you were to move, and you auto-attack.... god I hate that (like in Dreamlord, no offence!)

Squishinator

Reaction score
I dislike it when the camera is locked to unit mostly because i am not used to it and its annoying trying to get used to it and you cant enjoy anything outside your camera range.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
What is first person?
What is second person?
What is third person?

Is third person where its zoomed out and locks to where you face.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.