Doesn't the graphics seem...strange?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
To be honest... it looks awesome.

When you go to the store to buy it on release day, the case will look awesome. The store will look awesome. Even the guy selling it to you will look awesome.

Then you'll get home and put the awesome looking installation disc into your piece of shit computer (which looks unusually awesome for a change). The installation slideshow will make you utter something along the lines of 'can't wait' or 'awesome' .... and finally you'll load up the game and get caught up in the awesomeness of it all.

It's about this very second you'll forget you ever doubted blizzard or dissed the artwork direction.

Case dismissed.

couldnt have said it better myself

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I think Command and Conquer has better graphics imo. EA is crap game maker but they do well on the graphics department at least. Blizzard, are you under paying your design studio? I mean SC2 is alright but now look at Diablo! We want photo-realistic!

Starcraft 2 involves massing tons of units and the graphics engine needs to be able to handle that without lagging up your computer.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Raise the minimum requirements? It would be nice if there was a higher standard so people won't be lagging in games. It's really bad when people lag right after they load cause they have a 10 year old computer..

Reaction score
> We want photo-realistic!
You know nothing about good graphics it seems.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Until super fast computers with the best graphics card or whatever needed to play the top games are mainstream, say hello to 'Cartoon' models.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
lmao i def hope they dont make it super-high req cuz i dont feel like having to go out and spend .5 - 1 grand on a new comp to play Sc2 >.> im fine with my p4 atm

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
the sheer awsomeness requires a equally awsome graphics card as well

>I think Command and Conquer has better graphics imo. EA is crap game maker but they do well on the graphics department at least. Blizzard, are you under paying your design studio? I mean SC2 is alright but now look at Diablo! We want photo-realistic!

I think you left out that C&C lags like hell.
I mean i'm able to run WC fine. But C&C lags most of the times im in games.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
huh.png

....not forgetting to mention starcraft is a strategy game, and speed is important. You don't want to struggle finding your ultra-detailed units which blend in amongst the realistic terrain.... there is so much going on in the game the last thing you want is an eyestrain trying to see wtf you're doing.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
To all those that don't think it looks 'realistic enough', please reserve your judgment.

When you're watching an epic battle between loads of units with lasers and special effects blasting everywhere, and you see your giant Thor mech get blasted to shit by a Protoss Mothership...just watch it's wreckage roll down the ramp that dozens of Zerglings are rushing up to tear apart your marines. Then, come back and tell me what you think.

;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.