DotA Troops v1.00

How would you rate this map?

• Good, just work on heroes and terrain.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Ok, but is unbalaced and boring

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Not good at all, this map needs to be deleted.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
But wouldnt they get useless later on? Considering that your spells would be quite powerful to take the Bodyguards out quite easily.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
i could have it so that after a certain amount of time in the game the body guards upgrade and the weaker ones arent available. (level 1 1st 15 minutes, level 2 15-30 min, level 3 30-45 min, and level 4 45+ min)

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Depends on how rapidly your heroes skills evolve, if they level up to quick, then even that will be useless, but simplistically enough, that would do the trick, and is an efficient idea.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Golems. They kind of suit them and can be easily upgraded (Mud Golem, Rock Golem, Battle Golem, Siege Golem, Granite Golem)

Just fix the Stats :)

Kershbob

Reaction score
hey even if u have mercs....you still cant top dota, especially on it's triggers, icons, gameplays, balance, lag, and certain bugs, that's why for me no AoS map can top Dota

if there is....i would like to have the link of the map and test it...

EotA

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
hey even if u have mercs....you still cant top dota, especially on it's triggers, icons, gameplays, balance, lag, and certain bugs, that's why for me no AoS map can top Dota

if there is....i would like to have the link of the map and test it...

bit of a late reply but.

try Age Of Myths, AOM , its defiantly the best AOS out there ever, and ive tried most of them, AOTZ, EOTA, DOTA.. etc

anyway try it, its awesome, best spells ever and the gameplay rocks, and casters are acutally useful in this game! (unlike dota.. melee heros pwn)

L

LegACy99

anyway try it, its awesome, best spells ever and the gameplay rocks, and casters are acutally useful in this game! (unlike dota.. melee heros pwn)
oh come on. Try playing a high leveled game, you'll see caster rocks (usually there's at least 3 caster in a team)!

Anyway, there's a reason why dota is the best AoS out there. It's because of the support!! There's a whole community out there supporting it, even someone just buy WCIII to play dota!! and with that kind of feedback, you'll get a constantly updated map with balanced heros and items!

Anyway, I suggest you remove the dota part, and start your own AoS (it's okay to do it using dota template). I mean, it's already in people's head when they see the word 'DoTA', plagiarism, dota copy, etc.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Yep... thats why i started the defense of Khaz Modan or should i call it something else?

Anyway how did this thread become advertising space for any dota/aos maps?

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
It's what happens with any thread that mentions Dota. People love their favourite maps (and opinions) and will defend them. Your map started out as a Dota replica, which is why it's got to an advertising thread. I wish people would stop doing that as it's 1) Hijacking, 2) not relevant to the thread, 3) starting "Ye Old Dota Wars" again...

Defense of Khaz Modan huh? Got any more info on it? All I know now is the name and gameplay style, but we don't know what's happening with the terrain or units, or whatever else now. Or is there another thread on it?

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Shoulda seen it coming but then again it was my 1st post

anyway...
Defense of Khaz Modan
Alliance v Scourge

Terrain: Dalaran Ruins tileset modified to include red bricks as a kind of road tile

Creeps: Alliance - Rifleman, Steam Tank, Flame Wyrm, + Axeman (Custom Model by norinrad) Undead - Necromancer, Meat Wagon, Frost Wyrm, + Ghoul

Preview and Loading Screen: Redone with screenshots of the creeps

Mercs: not controlled by player, bought for lanes

Bodyguards: added dialog that appears after a hero is bought that gives options for what kind of bodyguard (melee/range) and what race (troll, golem, blood elf, demon, etc.) can be upgraded at circle of power for 1 point automatically respawns at base (Frozen Throne/Mountain Palace)

Heroes: got a lot more work ahead of me (so far Knight of the Round Table, Flame thrower, Ironforge Lieutenant)

dragonhord

Reaction score
bit of a late reply but.

try Age Of Myths, AOM , its defiantly the best AOS out there ever, and ive tried most of them, AOTZ, EOTA, DOTA.. etc

Ok, im sorry johnny that this has nothing to do with your map but posts like this bug me... Now EotA is NOT better than dota GUARANTEED because it lags like hell... And I have an incredible comp... I hate that map... Additionally, what you are ALL not taking into consideration, is the diversity in DotA, which is why I love it.... AoM... EotA... AotZ... They all have like 10-20 heroes... I mean why is that fun? DotA has freaking 81 heroes, if I get bored of 40 of em, there are STILL more I can play with... I love heroes in DotA and they synergise INCREDIBLY well, while many heroes in AotZ and EotA (Especially EotA in MOST cases) and AoM dont synergise well...

vile

Reaction score
Age of Myths has 12 heroes per side because each hero has its own skin, models, theme, and spells fit into each one so well that the map almost reached its max size. Only the actual war3map.j which is the triggers file takes 1.2mb (200kb compressed in MPQ), that should tell you the amount of code that it contains. Quality>Quantity, you should know that by now.

Want proof?

An example of some AOM spells
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lcm89T_2W0M
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RACqqDY3mZY

Each hero there has an Innate ability that costs no mana, 2 active abilities, 1 passive, 1 ultimate and 1 super ultimate that can be acquired at level 20 (last)

It took me nearly a week to script this hero:

Innate Ability: Kiss of the Black Rose

Lord Soth carries an ancient sword which draws strength from pain and suffering. He fills it with unholy energy and for 30 seconds, each time he attacks an enemy, he recieves 5% damage bonus of the damage he dealt, and fills the target with unholy energy for 3 seconds. If a target is attacked while having unholy energy, 200% of the current total damage bonus will splash into nearby units within 250 radius. Can reach up to 30 damage.

First Active: Outraging Curse

Inflicts a curse on an enemy unit that causes it to start a chain of attacks. Each enemy affected will be drained of attributes; creeps will be damage drained equal to the spell's level, Melee heroes with hitpoints, Ranged with attack/move speed, and Casters with energy points. Deals 20 DPS if the target doesn't attack after 10s. Once the curse is over and no units is left, the attributes will pass into Lord Soth for 10 seconds.

Passive: Undeath Aura

Spawns a horrifying, frigid aura, which reeks of death. Every attack has a chance to leave Soth's target paralyzed in place while its allies run away in fear, recieving 5%/2.5% of the max life as life/energy bonus for every unit frightened.

Ultimate: Obliteration

Calls forth a dark energy wave that eats the flesh of enemy units. Each second they will have an inceasing miss chance and a chance to miss on attacks. When the flesh is totally eaten, they will take massive damage, and if they successfully recieve damage/attack, the percentage goes backwards, while 0% negates the effect. Lasts up to 3 minutes.

Ultimate: Raging Charges

Enters Magnus into a maddening state, increasing his damage. Each attack he makes will reduce that damage. The force of the attacks are so great, that the axe will sparkle out on each attack. Eventually when wasting all the bonus damage, the axe will ignite, and for a duration, each attack will ignite enemy units on fire

Passive: Bleed

The mere presence of the Blood Cultist has a percent chance to cause a random unit in the area to bleed for 5 seconds, leaving a trail of blood behind, taking damage. If the unit bleeds for 2.5 seconds in the same location, a blood fiend will spawn from the blood pool to fight for the Cultist.

Active: Lightning Grapple

Strikes an enemy unit with a lightning bolt, dealing damage to it and draining 15 energy per second from Storm. The bolt will expand from the main target to other nearby enemies, and thus drain 15% more energy and deal 15% less damage per unit. If the main target dies, the spell will end. Lasts up to 10 seconds

Active: Shinken Iaido

Causes Toshi to start a circled movement around a target area. He will then start throwing shuriken projectiles that deals damage to enemy units in the circle, and when he finishes the circle, he will cut slash open every enemy unit that was hit by the shurikens and still remained in the area of effect in an unimaginable rate, dealing damage to them.

Active: Static Charge

Fills a target enemy unit with a static charge for 10 seconds that slows its attack rate down and deals damage to enemy units who comes in contact with it. If several units are touched within the duration, the effect will fade away, if not, the charge will blow inside the unit and will release it to nearby enemies.

Here's a list of skills in DotA that happen to all be almost exactly the same.[sarcasm]How EXCITING1!111![/sarcasm] These were all taken from the site, by the way.

Lucent Beam
Luna concentrates on the moon's energy and channels it forcefully to the surface, damaging an enemy unit.

Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.
Level 4 - 300 damage.

Shuriken Toss
The Bounty Hunter throws a shuriken at a target unit, dealing damage.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 200 damage.
Level 3 - 250 damage.
Level 4 - 325 damage.

Breathe Fire
Breathes fire at enemy units which deals damage.

Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.
Level 4 - 300 damage.

Lightning Bolt
Summons a bolt of lightning from the heavens to strike a target enemy.

Level 1 - Deals 100 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 175 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 275 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 350 damage.

Waveform
Morphling dissolves into his components and surges forward, dealing damage to everything in his wake.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 175 damage.
Level 3 - 250 damage.
Level 4 - 325 damage.

Storm Bolt
A magical hammer is thrown at an enemy unit, causing damage and stunning the target for 2 seconds.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 200 damage.
Level 4 - 250 damage.

Dragon Slave
A wave of fire that ripples out from Lina Inverse, causing damage to land units in a line.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 170 damage.
Level 3 - 230 damage.
Level 4 - 280 damage.

Light Strike Array
Summons a column of flames that damages and stuns enemies for 1.6 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 90 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 150 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 210 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 280 damage.

Laguna Blade
Fires off a bolt of lightning at a single target, dealing critical damage.

Level 1 - Deals 450 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 675 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 950 damage.

Split Earth
Splits the earth under your enemies' feet. Deals damage and stuns for a short duration.

Level 1 - Deals 70 damage and stuns for 1.25 second.
Level 2 - Deals 140 damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 210 damage and stuns for 1.75 seconds.
Level 4 - Deals 290 damage and stuns for 2 seconds.

Carrion Swarm
Sends a horde of bats to damage enemies.

Level 1 - 100 damage per unit.
Level 2 - 175 damage per unit.
Level 3 - 250 damage per unit.
Level 4 - 300 damage per unit.

Impale
Slams the ground with massive claws, shooting spiked tendrils out in a straight line, dealing damage and hurling enemy ground units into the air in their wake.

Level 1 - 60 damage, .5 second stun.
Level 2 - 130 damage, 1 second stun.
Level 3 - 200 damage, 1.5 second stun.
Level 4 - 260 damage, 2 second stun.

Finger of Death
Instantly rips at a target, attempting to turn it inside-out. Deals massive damage.

Level 1 - Deals 500 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 650 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 850 damage.

Shockwave
A wave of force ripples out from the Hero, causing damage to land units in a line.

Level 1 - 75 damage.
Level 2 - 150 damage.
Level 3 - 225 damage.
Level 4 - 300 damage.

Storm Bolt--Oh wait, I already said this! It turns out theirs LOADS of skills that are repeats from different heroes! I'm just filled with excitement at the 80 heroes who all have the same damn skills!

Fireblast
Blasts an enemy unit with a wave of fire. Deals intense damage and stuns for 1.5 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 75 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 125 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 175 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 275 damage.

Avalanche
Bombards an area with rocks stunning and damaging enemy land units.

Level 1 - 100 damage.
Level 2 - 180 damage.
Level 3 - 260 damage.
Level 4 - 300 damage.

Void
Creates a damaging void. If cast at night, slows the target for 4 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 90 damage.
Level 2 - Deals 160 damage.
Level 3 - Deals 255 damage.
Level 4 - Deals 335 damage.

Storm Bolt...The Third Time I've seen this.....Seriously...Seems like DotA, after it's initial phases, didn't work to make it's heroes better, it just worked to make more of them.

Shadowraze
Gives the Shadow Fiend the power to desecrate regions in front of him at varying distances.

Level 1 - 75 damage
Level 2 - 150 damage
Level 3 - 225 damage
Level 4 - 300 damage

The list goes on...........

That's why they have 81 heroes. That's not fun.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
bit offtopic.. well completly offtopic but vile why am i banned from the AOM site :nuts: i just went to register (just found out that there was a AOM site :p) and it says my email address is banned -_-

L

LegACy99

That's why they have 81 heroes. That's not fun.
Come on, try using all of them, you'll realize that each of them has a different method to use.
Like Stormbolt is used for chasing purpose, while Lightning bolt to harass the enemy, Dragonslave is used for comboing with Laguna and Light Strike Array, Shockwave with its low mana and CD for areal harassing, etc. It may have the same idea, but it's used differently.

Beside, I just don't get it. Why good skill = complex, triggered skill? People actually enjoy a flashy, easy to use skill more then those complex one. Also an original skill I suppose.

May be we'd better make a thread about general AoS instead of here...

vile

Reaction score
don't use a hotmail account heh, i usually get alot of spammers using that email.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Hey the last 4 posts were completely off topic... i mean completely... why dont you guys start a new thread to talk about dota/aos games... or if one exists go there... Please stay on topic... honestly i don't want the thread closed for being irrelevant to member's projects... so could you help me out or move the off topic discussion

ON TOPIC: I have added a ranking system that is based on hero, unit and building kill to the defense of khaz modan...
hero=5 building=3 unit=1
ranks:
private 1-15
sargeant 16-30
lieutenant 31-45
colonel 46-60
major 61-75
general 75+
these will be displayed on the multiboard

i'm thinking of giving bonuses for achieving ranks - any thoughts on numbers or bonuses?

dragonhord

Reaction score
Bonus thoughts...
Well, you could always add damage to the hero for each rank...
Thing that I would recomend that I think is better than that thought is an army assisting skill (Aura/AoE Positive/Negative Buff) Such as roar or devotion aura, that would be added to your hero depending on your rank. These would over all help the hero achieve victory.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
well, i'm trying not to make the bonuses duplicate hero abilities so most auras are over ruled... but damage, armor, move speed, attack speed, possibly range?, are still in play... maybe a health regen aura? Shadowmeld (just remove it from NE heroes)? temporary ones would work... roar, scroll of heal, scroll of protect, etc.

oh so many possibilities... can't choose

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.