DotA Troops v1.00

How would you rate this map?

• Good, just work on heroes and terrain.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Ok, but is unbalaced and boring

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Not good at all, this map needs to be deleted.

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

WindexGlow

Reaction score
I have to admit, I have never seen a map like that.

And that's not a good thing, it's a really, really bad thing.

johnnyfire

Reaction score
This map is better than the original DotA because of the fact that you can buy mercs to help in pushes, the mercenaries also help the losing team defend itself better (eg. a push is done by sentinel, scourge players respond by using mercs close to base, but sentinal players have to go all the way back to their base to get their mercenaries) and help in pushes (eg. all players use mercs in a mid push). I am just testing the concept right now but i need to test balacing and if its fun at all. So please tell me everything thats wrong with the map, but dont just say its bad

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hey even if u have mercs....you still cant top dota, especially on it's triggers, icons, gameplays, balance, lag, and certain bugs, that's why for me no AoS map can top Dota

if there is....i would like to have the link of the map and test it...

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
hey dont double post in a day...

use any site that host images and copy paste the image to this post

johnnyfire

Reaction score
ok... ill put up screenshots tommorrow. I spent 10 hours updating adding items and triggers, and balacing so v1.10 should be a lot more balanced, try it

chovynz

We are all noobs! in different states of Noobism!
Reaction score
"Added mercs to Dota".
Lost my vote already. And I haven't even played the map. Now I have no inclination to either. Sorry.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
hey even if u have mercs....you still cant top dota, especially on it's triggers, icons, gameplays, balance, lag, and certain bugs, that's why for me no AoS map can top Dota

if there is....i would like to have the link of the map and test it...
The coding is poor and very confusing, and the balance is simply imbalanced. It should be fairly easy to top dota on those points.

As for the map, it's nothing much, mercs only contributes to a allready imbalanced map.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
-What is up with the heros. They all look like premade heros to me. Like wc3 heros.
1.That cant beat dota all those heros have been coustom made
2.That cant beat dota becuse the spells are so boring
-Looks alot like the dota open templet. Which looks like you gave no criedt to them.
-Look like it took you a day or so to make this. Just dl the map change some things around a there you have it another game.
-Items are crappy
-Game is boring as hell after 5 min
-Hero dull even more after levels
-Same units/buildings as dota/wc3
-terrian looks realy close to the dota templet
-Mercs o boy big whop
-Lacks in fun heros
-Lacks in items
-Lacks in other things to do in an AoS
-Game modes dont work after a 30 seconds
-Same preview screen as dota. DULL
-This game lacks in alot of areas and still has a long way to go.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok so theres the word

"DotA"

Ok I'm not going to play just because of that...

And you can't top dota just by adding something in it I have only played DotA maybe 5 times but I can tell its complex design and it craftmenship right there (even if I do hate it) DotA isn't some game where you can beat easily

But the game looks nice I would give you

star.gif
star.gif
emptystar.gif
emptystar.gif
emptystar.gif

johnnyfire

Reaction score
Thank you worldofdeath for giving useful points on whats wrong, not sarcastically. I realize i need to put more work (a lot) into the heroes and the terrain. I did give credit to the template in the map info section. But worldofdeath could you elaborate on how its dull so that i can make it not dull and tom jones could you elaborate on how its unbalanced so that i can make it more balanced. Now about the mercs, is the whole idea flawed, they don't work well, or are they just not useful.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Merc need more, chocies. The heros lack in Coustom made spells. As dota is made alot of the spells are made Coustom. Remove all the other heros and start one by one on your own made heros. That is the key to succes.

Heres some maps that i enjoy to play other then "Dota". That can inspire you.

BUT REMEMBER THESE ARE OTHER PEOPLES MAP. IF YOU DO GIVE CRIDIT TO THEM.

The frist has so very cool trigged spells. My fav is juwans the illisonst. His truvotal(i think thats wat it is called) Is by far one of the coolest moves i have seen. He charges at a unit making images every 2 seconds on his way there. Very nice spell. If you would like how he does those spells i think theres an emial or something to it. Or go online and see if you can find him.

Link here-http://www.dotaportal.com/forums/downloads.html&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=285

This takes an AoS and turns it into an all out tower war type map. Along with coustom heros also.

Link here-http://www.dotaportal.com/forums/downloads.html&req=idx&cmd=viewdetail&f_id=301

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.