Dungeons and Dragons

Xapphire

Liberty, Simply said; a lie.
Reaction score
what will the players do if no quests are ready..? A village, tavern.. ?

Xapphire

Reaction score
But go into it, what type of monster area you planning on, what pvp area..? What does it look like o_O..?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
But go into it, what type of monster area you planning on, what pvp area..? What does it look like o_O..?

Looks are up to Jindo :)

Custom Monsters, ones designed to work well in contrast to the heroes, and the amount of spawn is determined by the amount of heroes so they aren't ganked or they dont obliderate.

As for PvP, you enter the area and you go hostile to all the heroes, if you leave you go allied to them. I might also add Team PvP, maybe.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
> As for PvP, you enter the area and you go hostile to all the heroes, if you leave you go allied to them. I might also add Team PvP, maybe.

This brings up another point: What about the player who wants to betray his allies?

He should be able to declare hostility at any time in-game, imo.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Meh, I guess that would be cool if like, lets say he allies with the DM.. A 2 sided story.

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
This is my plan for the quests' system so far, let me know what you think:

The DM assigns a Quest Giver, once nearing a dialog will ask the DM if he allows you to do this quest, the dialog will let the DM know if you did already the quest. If the DM approves a string will show to the player which is the quest's description.

The DMs' job will be to check one when you complete the quest, when you do, the DMs will need to give you a reward (XP and maybe a few items).

I can try to make it more automatic but that would be harder for me and the DMs.

Sounds ok? It would probably look like that:

-Create Quest <title> <description>

While the selected unit is the giver.

By the way, how about adding a feature for the DMs where they can set units' droping tables?

Daxtreme once you are done with the spells I'll need to start working on that skill points system.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it should not involve dialogs, since DMs are always really busy and don't have the time to work with 1 dialog popping per player :)

I suggest that the quest be automatic upon entering the range of the unit.

OR

The DM could be able to enter the player numbers of the players he wishes to be able to receive the quest right away when creating it.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know whether you guys have addressed this or not... will there be anything that checks the power of the DMs? Or could one stupid DM ruin the game for everyone?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Don't know whether you guys have addressed this or not... will there be anything that checks the power of the DMs? Or could one stupid DM ruin the game for everyone?

I will probably give player 1 (Red) The power to boot. Basically, Blue and teal are Dungeon Masters, and Red would be Master of the Dungeon Masters.

Then If Red is a idiot, one of the other DMs can start a vote to remove him.

^.^

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the hierarchy well in hand. :p

Checks and Balances are good.
Though, I might suggest that Red have to get the approval of at least one other DM before booting a DM player. And for regular players, maybe only allow Red to boot two without other DMs' approval.

Just a thought.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the hierarchy well in hand. :p

Checks and Balances are good.
Though, I might suggest that Red have to get the approval of at least one other DM before booting a DM player. And for regular players, maybe only allow Red to boot two without other DMs' approval.

Just a thought.

People must know there place :p

Good idea, so if Red wants to boot Blue, he needs Teal to approve. If he wants to boot a player, he needs one of the other DMs to confirm.

And if Red is booted, his power goes to blue.

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't read much of this thread to be honest.. so many replies, but at one point someone said world and that made me think of a world map. I think it would be perfect here.

The DMs can generate a world map pretty quickly by adding little roads etc, placing towns here and there, dungeons, etc. They can choose from a set of premade towns to place down that way they can do it quickly and efficiently. Actually, this could get interesting..

So here's my outline I guess:
1. A world map, almost like Mario, that the players hop around. The DMs can open different portions and link them up.

2. Fix up the terrain generator -.-

3. Premade towns and cities

4. Premade traps

5. Boss Fight Tools (things like minions, beacons that keep the boss invincible, etc.)

6. Easy to edit loot tables

7. Unique save/load codes that the players can have that go with the DMs of the game.

8. Allow the DMs to choose from a set of premade heroes for the players to select ; )

9. Premade dungeons

10. Special Terrain such as fire, poison, and ice

Pretty much, with all of this, we are giving them a world they can quickly build that way they can spend more time on the quests, storyline, and the players can spend more time playing. Then, when they are done, they can continue on at a later date like traditional DnD games = )

Tell me what you think of these ideas

The only thing the DMs will be doing are placing down creeps. Everything else they can just choose from a premade pool, which is just like some DnD games. The DM is provided with a dungeon, but he places down the creeps, traps, and bosses. This way, nobody has to wait, they just make it as they go along.

Xapphire

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and make sure to add the ability for players to at some point, transform or powerup in way that they would go from Illidan to Evil Illidan, you know? I always got stuck being the dwarf, and later when I wanted to be a stone dwarf or something, they could do nothing X.X.

D

Devath

Just to throw in my two cents, I think a template system should be made for placement of premade quests/terrain/etc. I have no idea how it should be implemented, however, a template system would solve all the problems that DMs have with time. Just my two cents there. Its just that that way a devoted DM could stockpile well-made quests and stuff.

Peace,
Devath

1337Elite

Reaction score
Finally something like MRP and the like. I really hope you can make it like that, but with an easier to use interface. :) Good luck with your project!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.