Easy vs Hard

Which to do first?

• Total voters

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Well, there's this thing that made me think for a while..
I just want to ask your opinion about this :)

Introduction
Let's say you're given a fixed amount of time to do two tasks, namely Task A and Task B.
Task A is an easy and quick one, while Task B is a hard one, and takes longer to finish.
Which one would you do first?

Task A
You can finish Task A because it's easier, and even if you fail to finish Task B (due to limited time) you still have finished one task.

Task B
Takes risk, but if you manage to finish Task B, you'll be able to finish Task A with relief (it's easier than the previous one) and may finish both.

Now
Don't say :
-- "it depends on which is more important", let's say that they are equally important and have to be done
-- "it depends on the situation that time, if I had a headache, I'd take the easy one", let's say you're in a perfect condition to do any of them
-- You know that A is easy and B is hard, but you don't know exactly how long they would take to finish.

It's just the matter of which to do first :)
Your opinion?

darkRae

Reaction score
Although then you'll risk not finishing Task B...

UPDATE :
-- You know that A is easy and B is hard, but you don't know exactly how long they would take to finish.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a psychologic question.

I would take neither, as it would be unimaginable how hard is it for B than to A.

It could be A is hard, B is harder. Or it could mean that A is easier than B, by a slight chance. Good luck trying.

darkRae

Reaction score
Yeah, that is one of the debate-able (probably) elements here.
A is easier than B, but it may be hard too.

This question came when I was faced with a lot of homework :p
"This one seems easier... but I need to do this one too..."
"But if I do this one... I could end up late at night and too sleepy to do the easier one..."
and so on

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Do task A first. You wrote
but if you manage to finish Task B, you'll be able to finish Task A with relief
this means theres a chance chance that solving A also helps me solving B.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Try this:

Your Boss orders you to make 10 graphs of their trade back. You go back to your cubicle and type in at least 12 pages of report, regarding the outcomes and incomes of a financial trade off between cross-continent exchange imports form Japan.

You sit there, wondering which to type in, Type A, the imported items from Tokyo, or Type B, the exported items transferred from Seattle, Washington to Osaka, Japan, then back to Tokyo, Japan.

Seems this is the same situation, you would regard yourself to say whether you finish Type A is more profitable, since you rboss needs that, or you finish Type B, as your tradings needs it, and yet it's profitable also.

Good luck.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
It seems that we have all chosen Task C - decide which Task to do first.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Umm...
Wouldn't it take the same amount of time to do both tasks, no matter which order you do them in?
Task A, FTW!

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
i wnet Task B, its how i always did my homework ins chool, and although it might have been late (all the time) it's easier on you, and your teacher (supervisor) if you spend only 1 day working on an important work, then spending 3 days on something of equal importance..

Akatsuki

Reaction score
If you want a direct answer, I would go with Task A and get it done. Then I would take a small break so my brain would be warmed up, I would be somewhat relax, and then because I know I don't have as much time, I would speed up without knowing.

But if you want what I would really do is that I would seperate task A and B into parts. Not random but things like graphics and the write-up. Then I would rotate between the parts. It's a personal thing because I can't stand doing the same thing for a long period of time and I end up slowing down because I get bored. Which is why I have a hard time reading a book but I can easily read articles.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
I'd take Task B first, then Task A. Nothing is hard for me.

Liar.

For me it would be Task A, because I know I will get it done and even if I don't finish Task B, I will know I have completed something rather than nothing which would probably reap a better benefit.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, your avatar.

Doesn't taking Task A is equal to taking Task B?

My teacher said that to answer this question correctly, choose both, and work at the same time. Then, as I turned my back towards him, he snickers April's Fool.

Zakyath

Reaction score
If you pick B and fail to do it you get nothing. And if you pick A you'll have the time, for sure. And if it's possible to finish them both; yes, they are equal.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
If you do both tasks at teh same time, if you're anphibious, then you'll have a wonderful time getting things done the right way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.