Element TD

U

Unregistered

Maybe, instead of having all these manual commands (-vh, -samehero, etc) there should be a selection of vote or host-select, like Extrme AoS has. A couple buttons that shows up for the host on the start of the map, and the host clicks either to select the options themself or to let everyone vote. Then people newer to the map would know about the options without having to know all the codes.

Also, I'm convinced it is not possible to beat very hard or extreme without water as one of your elements. This makes random on vh/e sometimes very frustrating. I consider this a balance issue, although considering the nature of slowing towers this is a difficult issue to fix without improving other slowing towers (roots, gemstone). If somebody thinks it's possible to beat vh or e without water, feel free to post a replay proving me wrong. Oh, and no hero mode.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I have beaten Very Hard without water before.

Now as for Very Hard Extreme, I think you would need a slow definetly.

U

Unregistered

I think i found a (minor?) bug. At lvl60 i used dino towers to devour all kids and after that i upgraded them all. The towers still had devouring icon but they didnt show the units or health bars. So i sold all the towers and the game crashed at every players!

Btw. first time i tryed very hard and extreme (too easy :p), gotta do the same with random now : >

U

Unregistered

kick

I've noticed the commands for -kick now says "-kick <name>" or something like that... does that mean we now type in the user's name instead of color??
Color was much easier , some people have the dumbest nicknames like asd132ASA haha

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Beta7:

-Multiboard bugs fixed
-Elimination bug fixed (I.e. Elimination is back!)
-Kick color restored, kick name fixed
-Build time of all structures redone
-Extreme mode fixed
-More changes of Elemental Atk types
-New loadscreen
-Faster load time
-Other minor bug fixes
-Metal tower upgrades cheapened
-Mammoth tower stun nerfed
-Lots of various tweaks to Triple Element Towers
-Dinos cannot devour lvl 60 units
-Flesh golem cap to 26

S

ShadowFlare

Hmm, I just barely played 3.0 beta 7 and it appears that elimination doesn't work. There were 3 of us that got there (including me) and it just did nothing. It did say at the end of 60 that it would start when all players finished that round, but nothing happened when everyone did finish, even though it did show a confirmation of each one finishing.

A replay of that game:
http://shadowflare.samods.org/files/Elem 3.0b7 elim not working.w3g

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I am going to have to watch that replay. Me and Chak tested it and it definetly worked. I wonder if it has something to do with the Widgetizer.

S

ShadowFlare

Hmm, I can't get that replay to work... Somewhere around round 36 or 37 (around when I summon level 2 water), all of the towers don't attack anymore. I've had this happen before if I play an element td replay at too high of a speed in certain places, but on this one it even happens at 1x speed at that part when playing it on my computer. I have yet to try it at 1/2x speed there, though.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
I am 99% sure its because of the widgetizer settings which I am changing for BETA8.

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Beta8

-Extreme Mode harder
-Elimination bug FIXED (For sure)
-Massive tooltip bug fixed
-New Elemental Basic Towers added (Check em out)
-Interest/Pure cancel bug fixed
-Various other minor bug/tooltip fixes

C

Cisz

Hiho, I'll give a little feedback too.

I just managed to survive level 60 of the 2.5 version today (normal/no hero, exactly 1 life was left) and did a little google after that, and so I came across this project.

And instead of a second attempt at 2.5, I gave >Element TD 3.0 BETA8.w3x< a try. All in the name of science. Or map-developement or whatever.. :)

My first impression is, everything is running smoothly. My ingenius ( :p ) 3 element tactic worked again and I managed the map on normal without leak on the first try. Which was to be expected, since I trained on 2.5 for two days.

I have only one suggestion so far: please change the colour of the creeps to something less "light grey on light grey background", I want to know where they are with one look, ok?

The pricing of the map strongly supports a few highly upgraded towers against many cheap ones. The "times five" upgrade brings the total cost of the tower to a little less than the price of five smaler towers, so buying one bigger is more effective. That seems to be in order, since it means the players has to pile money or to park it in regular towers. It's harder to pile money than to spend it as it comes, so ok for that.

Range gets a very important factor on this map. My replay (see below) shows excatly that, my main damage source was a little group of light towers in the center of the map. So, if you want to give me a reason not to use long range towers, you have to give me a very good reason. Since on this map one tower is better than two for the same price you have to more or less force me to use two. There is one working mechanism to achive that, in order to crush earth armor, I had to use another damage type and since nature attack comes in short range, well, it worked anyway. :D But if you check each tower for "damage dealt over the replay", I expect a lead of the light towers. It's quite simple. My light towers start firing shortly after the creeps enter the map and never stop again, until the last creep is gone. Even though some of the creeps leave my maximum range, others are targetable during that period. While my nature and water towers just sit there and stare.

I havn't rechecked the damage/range values on 3.0, but they seemed unballanced on 2.5, so hopefully you changed something there. I mean, seriously, did anyone play a short range game on ETD and won? The answer is, maybe ( :p ), or even probably, but I don't know, show me replay of that and I show you one probably infefficient way of playing the map.

I'm out for now, thanks for the map, I'm having fun with it. Check out my replay, my money pile is absurd. Or is it meant that way? I don't know..

Attachments

• Elements 3.0 Beta No Hero No leak on normal.w3g
    309.4 KB · Views: 317
C

Cisz

By the way - where do I meet TD players.

Wich channels do you usually hang out in?

(Oh, and I hate those 3.0 games with a 2.5 map.)

Edit: Ok, without open ports it's not exactly easy to host a game. Noob I am.

:eek: :D

Karawasa

Element Tower Defense
Reaction score
Thanks to Chak and eScpy this bug has been fixed and tested to have been resolved for Beta9 which is coming out tonight.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Nice :)

Just wanted to also say nice job so far. I've played some of these new versions through the hosters on Bnet and I must say...it's gotten a lot more difficult in some ways, but I'd guarantee that makes it even more fun...a tower upgrade ahead of the creeps :D

However, I did get a random disconnection from one map. I don't know if it was something in the map itself, or if it was a server split due to the host leaving.

K

Koggit

I like the basic elemental towers from canon/arrow. It's a nice option. I think it'd be neato keen if they were a little more unique, though. I mean, every element doing the exact same thing aside from armor/damage type is a little boring. Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the addition and any additional tower is a welcome tower. I just wish they were SOMEHOW different... maybe different attack speeds, ranges, etc, even if it did the same DPS it'd be nice to have variety.

Although I understand introducing a new tower and balancing it is a difficult task.

On the note of balance, I feel as though fire has been nerfed a bit too hard. In a samerandom on vh myself and an experienced friend both had a lot of trouble using pure fire, whereas other pure elements are quite powerful. Even water, which is typically regarded as the support element, seems to be more effective than fire now. Please give this some consideration in future testing.

Keep up the good work.

G

Gravedigger

Beta 8 has major lag when you play on battle.net, otherwise awesome map

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.