Ever had a movie marathon? You know, watching movies for some days...

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I had it, and I'm happy. But not quite happy with it.

As it turns out, it caused a lot of problems, giving others the impression that I've nothing to do at home but sitting in the chair watching movies from morning till bedtime.

I'm myself a household record breaker of watching movies since two weeks ago, and renting favorite movie DVDs at Blockbuster from 2010 to 2011.

I've probably watched some 30+ movies or so for the last couple of days. Nonstop watching and taking the disc out of my laptop.

Who else have done so? How did it turned out? In my situation, it didn't turn out so good. I had to stop somewhere, but I don't know how addicted I was to keep coming back to Blockbuster and scaring the the employees out, until after my brother told me about it. :p

Probably lost a couple of bucks along the way...

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
giving others the impression that I've nothing to do at home but sitting in the chair watching movies from morning till bedtime.

I've probably watched some 30+ movies or so for the last couple of days. Nonstop watching and taking the disc out of my laptop.
Holy crap, that's extreme!
Seriously, No wonder they gave you that impression.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
You're watching those naughty movies aren't you.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow; that is quite extreme indeed! :eek:
Perhaps you could use all that free time you have to do something slightly more productive?

Most I've watched is three movies in a single day. And always with someone else to talk to/cuddle (depending on the gender of said person).

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Me and my friends occasionally have movie marathons, but because they usually take place at night with many, many films, not everyone makes it through the night. We have a couple coming up actually. One will be a casual affair with gaming and other stuff, while the second is "movies we really should've seen by now but haven't". It's a fairly long list :p

I think the most I've watched in one day with others was about 3. I vaguely remember falling asleep midway through Die Hard.

And I do have a friend who watches entire seasons of TV shows (especially X Files and Simpsons) in just a day.

Crazy_Dead

Reaction score
Absolutely. 14 hours of Harry Potter, 4 hours sleeping, another 2hours 10min of HP 7, part 2. Then sleep. +9 liters of Coke.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
No. I can't even sit through a single movie most times, literally. I almost never watch a movie unless I'm on a date or my mom wants to watch something. Unless the movie is super interesting to me, I get bored really fast. :p

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Most I've watched is three movies in a single day. And always with someone else to talk to/cuddle (depending on the gender of said person).

Usually a man for the latter. :D

I've watched all three, extended version, Lord of the Rings before, as well as all six Star Wars.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
And always with someone else to talk to/cuddle (depending on the gender of said person).

Made me lol :p

I can never watch more than maybe 2 movies per day. I have to be doing something productive :p

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> Usually a man for the latter.
Always a female for the latter. Though I'd make an exception for you. ;)

> I've watched all three, extended version, Lord of the Rings before, as well as all six Star Wars.
Lord of the Rings was my record too. Though I had breaks in between, and they weren't extended.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My record is like 2.5 in a day. I recently watched the part of terminator I didn't finish the night before, terminator 2 and fight club in a day :)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
My record is about 4 or 5. Quite recently right before I got my first pay check from my new job I went to blockbuster and rented $55 of movies, and another $30 or so of Games. It was a very lazy weekend due to rain and stuff

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Of course.
LotR, Star Wars, all day, only during the summer/breaks though.

I've yet to do Harry Potter. I'm waiting for part 2 to come out on DVD, and then I'll probably do it. :)

Danny Cross

Bunny
Reaction score
me and seth do them from time to time...usually no more then 3 or 4 movies and its set movies...underworld series, pirates of the carribean, lord of the rings.... Stuff we did when we new we'd be home anyway was fun:)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
After comming back from my vacation I will probably have one to watch all 4 true blood seasons.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
We just attempted a Harry Potter marathon. It... didn't exactly come off well on account of misplacing the second film's DVD, and one person had to go home due to her parents being overly-controlling. Either way, we're resuming tomorrow from #4 and finishing off with the last one in the cinema in the evening.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.