Fire Emblem Tribute v1.3

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
What started out as a terraining/cinematic project has turned into an open playing field with your favorite Fire Emblem characters.

Map Description: The Continent of Tellius brews with war, once again. General Petrine and the Black Knight of Daein have made an alliance with the country of Begnion, and taken over nearly all of Tellius. It is up to the Greil Mercenaries to stop Daein's rule.

Cities & Forces
Begnion:
Begnion has grown very strong over the recent years with their alliance with Crimea. But now the senators of Begnion have chosen to form an alliance with Daein in search of power. The citizens are left confused & scared.
Daein:
Daein has vast numbers of loyal combatants seeking glory & riches. Headed by King Ashnard & the Black Knight, they are the strongest force in all of Tellius.
Gallia:
Gallia is the only force fighting for freedom that still has vast power left. The gallians are beast-like creatures known as Laguz. There are different kinds of laguz as well: Bird/Hawk Laguz, beast laguz, and rarely seen only in royalty are Lion laguz. Laguz leadership is determined only by one's own physical strength.

Crimea:
The Crimeans are lead by Queen Elincia, who was saved just a short while ago by the Greil Mercenaries. Her country has been struggling after a devastating unannounced invasion lead by Daein. They have begun reconstruction, but if Elincia chooses not to assert herself & her country with the Begnion senators, then Crimea could fall once again.

Greil Mercenaries: Now led by Ike, the Greil Mercenaries accept Queen Elincia's plee for help. They set out, few in number to bring freedom & break the oppression for all of Tellius.

Screenshots:
Begnion:
begnionpg5.jpg

Daein:
daeinmj2.jpg

Gallia:
galliawa5.jpg

Crimea:
crimeaix8.jpg

Greil Mercenaries:
mercenarieswz9.jpg
download v1.3b at: http://epicwar.com/maps/55648/

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
1) Are there custom models of the Fire Emblem characters? (love the thief!)

2) Looking from the screenshots, the terraining could use a little work.

Good job and good luck on this! :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
That does indeed sound pretty cool. And yeah, the terrain could use some work, though it's not as bad as some of the stuff you see.

Offtopic:
What's with your knight-vine productions sig? Did you team up with knight770 or something?

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I havent looked into custom models, but that could work out. They might have some on the hive, link some if you see some good ones. Yeah, terrains going to be updated v1.4 coming out soon. The characters are from Fire Emblem 9 & 10: Path of Radiance, & Radiant Dawn

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Cool. Maybe you could ask someone to be a modeler/skinner for you. It's not all about that, but having the looks relate to the game helps. :D

Off-Topic:
That's for me to know and you to... eh, just wait and see, how's that? :)
P.S. Do you think it's nice? - the avatar, that is.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Got any more screenshots? I'd like to see some more of this game :D. People often judge with eyes before brains, that's why those SS-laden threads sometimes get more attention.

Off-topic
Yeah, I like it. It could use some more color but overall it looks cool. I'm gonna guess you 2 are making a cinematic, and I'm also gonna guess you're the terrainer ;)

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Sure I'll add some more screenshots tonight.
Psiblade That would be freaking awesome lol! Once I better my triggering skills(learn JASS), directional keys for abilities, cool custom cameras, online play. sounds awesome just thinking about it. I'm still trying to fix the current bugs :D Sacred stones, my roomates played that one, I might borrow it & add some characters from it, from what I heard that game was really good. got forums up check them out!

Edit: I'll have to get the screenshots when I have some ingame replays should be this week

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actualy, it can be done with GUI you just need a way to set the grid <like have every pannel be set into a coordanate plane where arrays for points that are set with X and Y variables> ill try to figure out a pannel system if you want

the only problem then would be, since this is multiplayer, how shuld we do it for that... turn base for every player? that would make the game take longer depending on the players, like a 2 hour mission can easaly scale to 20 hrs from waiting for players

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Wait, this is going with the original FE storyline, right? Just asking.

Off Topic:
Thanks, I made a nicer one but I accidentally deleted it and I couldn't find it so I had to remake it - it wasn't as good. :( :D Yes; yes.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
This looks pretty interesting :thup:

Off-topic:
I'm also gonna guess you're the terrainer
Are you trying to imply something? :rolleyes:

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Guys, stop off-topic...-ing. So... once again, is this following the original FE storyline? or is it more freestyle MM/ORPG?

Last Off-Topic:
Knight, what does that mean? Now stop it. lol.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
This looks pretty interesting :thup:

Off-topic:
Are you trying to imply something? :rolleyes:

Have there ever been any successful wc3 turn-based games? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head. I think it would probably be better off without it, and instead just send two players to a small arena where they can fight, but don't have to do turn based fighting.

Off-topic(extra last)
Not exactly... are you trying to imply something?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
sucessfull turn based games? Pepper's multiplayer chess, Soulchess... those where the only two i found lol <both are really good btw>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.