System ForceKeySystem

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Edit: does someone know a spell not equal to kaboom which allows targeting trees but also anything else (like cliffs, units etc.)? Otherwise I have to recode a few things.

Flammenschlag (erhm, Firestrike or something?) or raise treants...

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Flame Strike I originally used, but the cursor will disappear. Kaboom! is the perfect ability.

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You know what would be truly awesome ?
Make a tiny software which reverse if needed the key action right click <-> left click, in order to use the left key of the mouse or the right if the player is a left-hander.

But i've no idea how hard it would be to make a such software which could be used on any OS, and if the size could be enough small.

And no i don't think Blizzard will truly fix the bytecode execution one day, it would just be harder to figure out how to do if (only if) they release a new patch in order to fix it.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>i don't think Blizzard will truly fix the bytecode execution one day,

They already did.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Using I2C to fire code outside of the map script doesn't appear to work or something.

Troll-Brain

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Using I2C to fire code outside of the map script doesn't appear to work or something.
Oh, ok i thought this "feature" wasn't totally dead with some Jesus4Lyf's post "time for blizzard to release a new patch" or something like that.
Sorry for this error.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
I have been messing around with this a litte =P

But, in Multiplayer, klicks "seem" to be delayed (effect delay).
Need to check if it's my Code or your system. Though, I have no lagg or any other annoying expiriences through this system =P

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Of course it's delayed in multiplayer (without any sort of delay reducer). That CANNOT be worked around.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Ty :p, hm didn't await any changes from SP to MP, but maaaybe.
Do you mean the DebugMsg shows up with delay to the real click?
Hopefully it isn't my sys :rolleyes:

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Wait, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You do not use ForceUIKey in the firing of the event itself, you use a very high frequency timer instead! Otherwise this system becomes quite annoying to use in multiplayer because of the delay between the click and the firing of the event.

I know this because I wrote the original :p.

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
Wait, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? You do not use ForceUIKey in the firing of the event itself, you use a very high frequency timer instead! Otherwise this system becomes quite annoying to use in multiplayer because of the delay between the click and the firing of the event.

I know this because I wrote the original :p.

Ehm, rightclick?!

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
And this is why right click detection won't work as well as I had hoped.

However, I may have discovered a way to put a few buttons where the unit infocard is. Haha! :D

Executor

I see you
Reaction score
No.
I mean when you rightclick and CANCEL the target selection the system won't force target selection again. So you HAVE to use a high frequency timer to minimise the time between cancel and reissue.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You mean you already use a high frequency timer? I was telling you to do that, to clear any misunderstanding.

I didn't see a timer in there :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.