Future President

Status
Not open for further replies.

duyen

Reaction score
Who do you think will become the future American president?

Post why.

No flaming please.

Reaction score
Tarja Halonen, for third time, I suppose. Oh no, we weren't talking about Finland? ;o

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Obama.. I don't think Mccain is electable.

also, people want change from conservative rule. they may think that the past 8 years could have gone better.

stubs101

Reaction score
Why is McCaine not electable? He said explain why, and that leaves waaaay to much to the imagination.

McCaine: (Maybe I'm prejudiced because I'm Republican) because he has a clear cut plan, telling about what he will do with healthcare, and what he will do with world hunger. My favorite quality of his is that he doesn't talk of Iraq. Bush writes reports, and then intel comes in and everything changes. Obama and Clinton may say, "I'm pulling the troops out!" And crap, but they get into office, read intel, and go, "Shit, we need more troops in Iraq..."

Clinton: She's too far out behind Obama to make it into the real election...

Obama: He has no real plan. He doesn't have a health care plan, he talks about Iraq, and he goes, "Are you ready for change?" And I'm thinking what change, I know you will provide change, but for better or worse? What is your intention when you get into office???

But that's only my opinion...

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
Obama. I heard that his election campaign has the same zeal as JFK's campaign.

Seb!

Reaction score
McCain:

The straight talk express? No politician is completely truthful, and to say that anyone is would be ridiculous. The recent controversy investigations actually tie him to a lobbyist. Also, I do not think he is electable because he gives the vibe of "stay the course," and too much of the last eight years (which a large portion of America disliked) is seen in him. The money that has been spent on Iraq could have rebuilt every hospital, school, and piece of infrastructure in America, and to staying in Iraq is the right idea may be disagreed with by the population. To cut taxes on the rich, please his lobbyists, and continue to be in Iraq would create a budget hole that our grandchildren will pay for.

Obama:

No Health Care plan? Do you even know what you're talking about? Other than getting out of Iraq, nothing has been more easily taken from Barack Obama than his semi-universal health care plan. If you honestly do not believe that he will get us out of the joke of a war that is Iraq, then you are sadly misguided. To say that he is also less electable in nature is also incorrect. He is younger, better looking, and more likely to identify with the working class. His message of change will be received very well. Racism is a problem? I think not. Of course, the ignorance of racism is most prevalent in locked up conservative states. These states will not affect him. The only problem I see with his being in office, is the high possibility of his assassination.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/healthcare/

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
McCain will send you to war, and then you'll end up dying on the battle field wondering why you voted for him. It's not a flame; McCain's a war hawk.

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
noo this gotta be wrong !! i want obama and democrats. USA should get that so they can get out of this corruption. :mad:

Seb!

Reaction score
I don't see why Clinton wouldn't be ideal.

The only reason people seem to dislike her is because of her husband's term, which was one of the best ever. The economy skyrocketed, no country was invaded for very long, and America was truly on top of the world.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I don't really care which democrat wins, they both seem to be good.

But, if another Republican wins, SAY HELLO TO CANADA!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
McCain will send you to war, and then you'll end up dying on the battle field wondering why you voted for him. It's not a flame; McCain's a war hawk.

You've got a about the same chance of getting murdered in Detroit than you do in Iraq... really, you've got a better chance at getting hit by a car than getting shot at. I never got shot in any of my tours. McCain will at least keep the war stable, and not immediately remove fifty thousand troops and watch the violence go up tenfold.

A little Presidential Trivia: Every day the President gets a summary of all of the intelligence that we've managed to get since his last update. The other day, President Bush called all of the candidates together and told them to be careful about what the promise in their speeches, because until they're President and see that packet of information, they have no idea what they can promise. I can guarantee that there's a lot of things that no one has any idea about, save the people with clearance to go through the documents. So, Clinton and Obama might promise to be the big heroes and get us out of the war as soon as they get in, but once they realize that as soon as they announce we're leaving we're in all probability going to see an attack that's going to bring us pretty far down, that's going to change.

Honestly, I think within the next few years, even if we left Iraq tomorrow, we'll end up in Russia, Iran, or active combat in North Korea and possibly China. It's all a lot more complex than we just want to save the Iraqi's, or even the oil that we're so OBVIOUSLY taking.

noo this gotta be wrong !! i want obama and democrats. USA should get that so they can get out of this corruption.

What corruption? You mean all the stupidity that the liberal media is throwing around? Most of that's not true or a complete hyperbole. There's corruption in every government, and Obama's not going to fix that... actually he'll probably make it worse by trying to stop it. And technically, since he admitted that he smoked illegal drugs, he's really not even supposed to be eligible to run of office. There's some corruption for you.

I don't see why Clinton wouldn't be ideal.

The only reason people seem to dislike her is because of her husband's term, which was one of the best ever. The economy skyrocketed, no country was invaded for very long, and America was truly on top of the world.

Except that he lied in Supreme Court while under oath, lied about giving the order to kill Bin Laden, downsized the military (putting a lot of people out of work... really good for the economy) RIGHT after the intelligence community had a meltdown, embezzeled a lot of money, took bribes, and on top of that a pretty shitty role model. Oh, and he ignored the 1993 attack on the WTC buildings by Iraq, and then somehow the USS Cole incident was also passed by without any action. Yes, he was WONDERFUL! Just like Carter!

That last part was a bit too much of a flame. Please respect other members.

--SilverHawk

Seb!

Reaction score
>he lied in Supreme Court while under oath

Does not affect America, the economy, or us.

>lied about giving the order to kill Bin Laden

When he lied thousands of soldiers didn't rush into a foreign country.

>downsized the military (putting a lot of people out of work... really good for the economy)

Clinton's term saw the hugest economic boom in a long time, downsizing the military saved lives and money.

>embezzeled a lot of money, took bribes, and on top of that a pretty shitty role model

1. From what?
2. From who? Corporations? He raised taxes on companies and rich
3. Stabilized Economy, no huge wars, helped poor. Who is a better role model? Senile dumbass Reagen or George "I don't read the newspaper" Bush?

>I don't really care which democrat wins, they both seem to be good.
But, if another Republican wins, SAY HELLO TO CANADA!

Hehe, right there with you buddy. But I would hurry up.. McCain might draft you on a christian crusade to die for more oil in another country you've never heard of.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
3. Stabilized Economy, no huge wars, helped poor. Who is a better role model? Senile dumbass Reagen or George "I don't read the newspaper" Bush?

Reagan was a great president - he did quite a bit to repair the economy after the huge recession in the 70s.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Does not affect America, the economy, or us.

No? The leader of our country lying not only to the rest of the government, but under an oath with God, doesn't affect America at all? Whatever.

>lied about giving the order to kill Bin Laden

When he lied thousands of soldiers didn't rush into a foreign country.

Not at that time. But, you know, then the USS Cole happened and then 9/11, and then we invaded Afghanistan. If he had done what should have been done, none of that would have happened and we wouldn't have to deal with this stupid bullshit.

Clinton's term saw the hugest economic boom in a long time, downsizing the military saved lives and money.

Downsizing the military is never saving lives. He cut thousands of jobs, a very stupid thing to do, especially at the time when our intelligence realized they screwed up and we when war was pretty close.

1. From what?
2. From who? Corporations? He raised taxes on companies and rich

If you're an idiot to the point of calling Reagan senile (while spelling his name wrong), I doubt you would understand, and from what I've seen of you in the past you ignore the majority of what I tell you because it goes against what you've led yourself to believe, so I'm not even going to bother going into this.

Hehe, right there with you buddy. But I would hurry up.. McCain might draft you on a christian crusade to die for more oil in another country you've never heard of.

I would much rather fight on McCain's orders for oil than defend a nation with people so ignorant as you. So hurry up and get to Canada because I doubt most of the nation wants you here. If you're not democratic enough to believe in majority rule, then leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.